Martial | Di Marzio thinks he will stay

Schneckerl

Yeah, that's not enough. The market has completely changed. He's worth a lot more. Only 22. Look at Dembele and Coutinho
Yeah, keep dreaming, not gonna happen.

Demeble signed a 5 year contract in '16. Coutinho signed a 5 year contract in '17.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Could be a big mistake if true. This is not Danny Welbeck, there's no need to sell Martial, especially with Chong and Gomes being in such early stage of their growing careers.

I hope he'll stay and we'll sign a right side attacker, anyway. If Lingard needed time to ignite his attacking skills, perhaps a little bit of patience for Martial will reward us even more.

Perhaps these rumors about Willian are true after all...

Terminator

Was in incredible form playing from the left wing scoring in 3 consecutive PL games before Sanchez signed. Has been unfairly kept out of the left wing since then. Such a stupid signing if it results in Martial leaving, even Mourinho can't be this stupid.

el3mel

You see I don't think it's so straight forward. I get what you are saying but the point I would make is Martial is likelier to be with us for a longer period of time, if everything goes well.

What do you think about this scenario for example: Mourinho doesn't win the league next year and basically we have the same season or so. He gets replaced by Jardim or Poch or whoever as we look to play a more possession/pressing based style which would mean a more conducive style for Martial to shine in. Quite possible no?

I guess the point I am trying to make is Mourinho has no where near the equity like say SAF had when he got rid of Stam.

Ultimately I would always back the manager but this one is close for me.
Hmmm, tbh, Martial screams like a player who we always discuss his future at the club almost every season. He doesn't look like settled much tbh.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Martial likely wouldn't have set up 3 goals quite like Alexis did.

Martial is not a better performer than Alexis. I cant believe this is even being discussed. He doesn't touch the left wing spot when Alexis is fit.
Thanks for that unsolicited thought.

Ah the unforgivable Sevilla game. That’s it. Mate, humor me for a bit. Your starting front 3 for United as of today (based on form and no emotions), what would it be?
You saying Martial needs to learn from Sanchez' performance at the Etihad is ridiculous. What reference point would you have used if we had this conversation prior to Saturday?

And to humor you... Assuming Pogba starts in midfield:

-------------Lukaku

Sanchez-----Lingard-----Mata

Based on form over the past few games.

Emotions? You got me confused with someone else.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
The last bit is the important part. If we don't win anything major in the next two seasons it's going to look like a very stupid bit of business. If we do, I doubt too many people will be worried about what Martial is doing elsewhere.
Even that bit isn't guaranteed. Look at Chelsea, they won two EPL's post departure of KDB and Salah and still some of the fans are gutted, because both those assets are now worth £120m+.

Right now Martial may only get £50m due to not much remaining on his contract, but if everything was to click.. the style of player he is, he could easily one day be worth £140m+ level of player. If he was to get to that standard, then put it this way.. remember how people used to pine over Pogba even though United were a successful side - it would be ten times worse in this scenario.

For me the dream scenario here is, we do well without him but Martial also develops incredibly well (doesn't hold any grudges against the club) - we have a buyback clause in place and he comes back by the time we have a new manager (maybe in 2 to three years time) and is a fully developed LW or 9 by that stage.

Jig1234

I think we should considering Martial (LW) Sanchez (RW) Lingard/Mata (N.10)

Mourinho never rotates Lukaku. We have no ST alternative. I think we should use Rashford there more often.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
The last bit is the important part. If we don't win anything major in the next two seasons it's going to look like a very stupid bit of business. If we do, I doubt too many people will be worried about what Martial is doing elsewhere.
There are still people fretting over what Danny Welbeck is doing. People on here always think we shouldn't sell anyone and most of those sales are not regretted in the end. Tony has talent, but not sure about his mentality. If it meant we got a Griezmann I would be happy, if it is a Bale, who is still saying he want to stay at Real, then no I would not be too happy. Even a Dybala would improve us.

deafepl

Is there any reasonable reason why Sanchez chooses not to play on the right?
it's not about him, Jose wants to play him on left because of Lukaku as his crossing and through pass is perfect and take more risks pass, he offer more on left than Martial. Arsenal play Sanchez on left to accommodate Ozil on right.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Super disappointed it's come to this, but he really hasn't nailed down his spot. Been fits and starts with him.

If Dybala comes this way off the back of it, I can't say I'm that bothered though. I think all parties would be satisfied.

Skills

Snitch
It's never Mourinho's fault with young players. Nope, nope, never.

Would be moronic if this happens - unless Mourinho brings home a PL/CL title next season his tenure will be more damaging to the club than either Moyes or LVG.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
FFS, the things you read.

- Martial has been productive for us since he arrived at 19 years old.
- He needs to improve but who doesn't at 22 years old, Ribery was nothing at that age.
- He is allegedly the one wanting to leave, so there is no blaming the club.
- The club can't seriously impose a player on Mourinho.
- And no Martial isn't mentally weak, nor is he Welbeck, Zaha or Cristiano Ronaldo.

And finally, if he leaves we will be alright, it's not the end of the world, it's not as if he was cheap in the first place.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
To be honest, Jose can leave if it means Martial will stay. We can't let a Salah or KDB happen to us.

Really pissed.

haram

Would be moronic if this happens - unless Mourinho brings home a PL/CL title next season his tenure will be more damaging to the club than either Moyes or LVG.
:lol:

Dr. StrangeHate

What if Martial doesn't improve though? He was good when we bought him, but he sure as hell wasn't anywhere near Mbappe's class.
What if we don't improve our play style in the next two years under Mourinho? What if we don't win the PL or CL in the next two years?
Mourinho would have sold De Gea if he was in charge of United when he was making all those mistakes in his first two seasons. The same logic is going to apply to Martial, Shaw, Pereira,TFM, Alex, Chong, Gomes. He has already done this with De Bruyne, Salah and Lukaku. Is one PL title worth letting those 3 go?

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!

Have you not seen Mourinho getting plenty of blame with young players?

You second part. Lets not go bonkers now.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
it's not about him, Jose wants to play him on left because of Lukaku as his crossing and through pass is perfect and take more risks pass, he offer more on left than Martial. Arsenal play Sanchez on left to accommodate Ozil on right.
If that's the case then Mourinho bought Sanchez with the intention of him playing in Martial's position.

James Peril

I can’t blame him at all. Not being used properly, not being developed at the most important age. Will definitely be a star wherever he goes

Janson

What does martial offer? He can't finish like Lukaku and he isn't a dribbler like Sane.

After all the years I still don't know which is his best position. Rash Ford is far better then him and has more Potential

He is another Zahara and Welbeck
I don't believe anyone would say that he isn't a dribbler, or that Rashford has more potential. I think the biggest problem with him is that he is too one dimensional.

Oh ffs. We're in a miles better position personel wise than we have been for the past 5 years. Losing Martial won't damage us more than Moyes or LVG.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
If this ends up being legit and he smashes it elsewhere i'll be very much Mourinho out. He's a future world class player and Sanchez will be here a few years tops.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I’d be absolutely livid if he goes. Seething to the max.

mav_9me

Seriously though I am not his family/boyfriend/agent. I don't want Martial to go because I think he is a world class talent IMO. To say that its because people are emotional is to me frankly insulting.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
god i love people continually spouting this. Literally 100 percent opinion, zero percent fact. Maybe with martial in there we actually get a shot attempt in the first half and aren't relying on being lucky that sterling was finishing about as well as half of us would have. Maybe with martial we wouldn't have limped out to sevilla in champions league. Even with martial getting shafted throughout year by mou and busting his ass to get back in to squad only to be cast aside yet again, he has 9 goals and 5 assists in 26 appearances (10 as subs, and a couple where he got yanked early of course) Sanchez with united and arsenal....9 goals and 6 assists in 27 appearances. So yeah, pardon me for not buying into this martial cant hold a candle to sanchez's jockstrap and all this talk about how martial couldn't do this or we wouldn't have done that. It was so shortsighted and stupid to buy sanchez and play him at LW. We already had martial AND rashford who were playing pretty well there. We had holes at RW and the 10. Especially to add sanchez in a year where the title was already lost and the gamble he would help in champions league clearly didn't pay off. Just not a good transfer policy from united and don't really see the critical thinking of a transfer strategy. Just woodward going into a toy store and buying the biggest name toy he could find yet again.
It's a forum for opinions. Saying he would have set up 3 goals is also an opinion.

Sanchez > Martial as a player. The likelihood is we will see more consistent output from Sanchez in that role going forward. It really is that simple.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
So Pogba wants to leave(according to ParisUnited who's reliable for PSG), Rashford wants to leave and now Martial wants to leave. Somehow I doubt all of that is correct.
Rashford too? who wrote about it? reliable?

Borden

It's a forum for opinions. Saying he would have set up 3 goals is also an opinion.

Sanchez > Martial as a player. The likelihood is we will see more consistent output from Sanchez in thay role going forward. It really is that simple.
Except, you know, that Sanchez is turning 30 and Martial is 22. We'll be lucky to get 3 more seasons of Sanchez at the top of his game, while Martial should be approaching his prime in 3 years time.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
LOL at people bringing up Salah and Lukaku. Frankly speaking, Salah and Lukaku were not good enough for a top team when they were let go. They were mid table quality and needed multiple years to get to the level they are now.

KdB was an obvious talent, and was only let go because he wanted to leave. As we have seen with Chelsea under Conte; they have many many top talents that can't get a game because of the environment there.

If Loftus-Cheek or Abraham become top players elsewhere because they can't get games, very few will say that it was Conte's fault.

RedStarUnited

Man all the joy of signing Sanchez is slowly being taken away from me with each passing week.

When you consider that Jose will more than likely not be United manager when Martial is 25 and probably killing it elsewhere...hurts just thinking about it.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Except, you know, that Sanchez is turning 30 and Martial is 22.
Who gives a feck? We are overdue on consistent performers. I don't want more years of buying youth that may or may not reach potential. We have rashford Perreira, Angel Gomez in the next 3yrs, Pogba just turned 25, Lukaku is 25. Its all about balance for gods sake. Our attack is extremely young even with Sanchez involved.

The issue we've had is having a consistent performer on that left wing because we had two young players who weren't able to step up consistently yet. As far as I'm concerned we've fixed that now. The young players fan now either fight and step up as they learn from a player like Sanchez or flee for more game time. I don't mind either, it's up to Martial what he wants. He's a replaceable talent.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
To be honest, Jose can leave if it means Martial will stay. We can't let a Salah or KDB happen to us.

Really pissed.
I like how you have only 933 posts. Hope you post less often.

No one is bigger than the manager, Martial has always had mental issues, his monaco coaches have said it all the time, a player who wants to play for us, will stay here, if he is shafting the club and people are supporting him, then they should post on Martial cafe .

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
It's going to be fun when we realize that Mourinho bamboozled us. In two years , he will be managing Real Madrid and would have replaced Benzema with Martial.:angel: