Martial | Di Marzio thinks he will stay

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Seriously though I am not his family/boyfriend/agent. I don't want Martial to go because I think he is a world class talent IMO. To say that its because people are emotional is to me frankly insulting.
Just that sentence made me laugh. No worries.

cyberman

Sad to say we have better options at present and we shouldn't hoard every half decent young player or even play them over better options just in case they come good.
I'd wish him all the best but he's still the exact same player he was 3 years ago. I'm starting to think this is it from Martial.
Modern football seems to be gearing towards high pressing forwards with great movement across the line. I don't think he'll ever be that player.
Maybe replacing him with Chong is the smart play.

Morpheus 7

If Martial leaves we will replace him with a top player who will likely play off the right. People are being way too emotional.

Manchester United will go on.
We will replace him with monkey man Bale, it's a massive blow. This will come back to bite United bad. United will go on but Marital will go on to be a huge star. It didn't need to come to this, the man deserves to be playing regularly.

T A

He will become another De Bruyne/Salah for sure

Silas

I like how you have only 933 posts. Hope you post less often.

No one is bigger than the manager, Martial has always had mental issues, his monaco coaches have said it all the time, a player who wants to play for us, will stay here, if he is shafting the club and people are supporting him, then they should post on Martial cafe .
How is he shafting the club? Mourinho's shafted him.

Borden

Who gives a feck? We are overdue on consistent performers. I don't want more years of buying youth that may or may not reach potential. We have rashford Perreira, Angel Gomez in the next 3yrs, Pogba just turned 25, Lukaku is 25. Its all about balance for gods sake. Our attack is extremely young even with Sanchez involved.

The issue we've had is having a consistent performer on that left wing because we had two young players who weren't able to step up consistently yet. As far as I'm concerned we've fixed that now. The young players fan now either fight and step up as they learn from a player like Sanchez or flee for more game time. I don't mind either, it's up to Martial what he wants. He's a replaceable talent.
Some of us do. And Pereira and especially Gomes have shown nothing at the very top level, whether they'll make it or not at United is still very, very much in doubt.

Sanchez has been anything but consistent for us so far.

Kaos

This is likely a negotiation tactic though from Martial's camp. I wouldn't read too much into it already.
Be that as it may, Mourinho's the type to call his bluff. Definitely see him leaving if that's the case.

Skills

Snitch

No one is bigger than the manager, Martial has always had mental issues, his monaco coaches have said it all the time, a player who wants to play for us, will stay here, if he is shafting the club and people are supporting him, then they should post on Martial cafe .
Seems like for some of you Mourinho is bigger than Manchester United.

IrishRedDevil

Feck sake, I'll be furious if he leaves. He's a joy to watch and one of our best players. I really dread the thought of watching him perform for another club and think it will come back to bite us.
If he does leave, it better not be to another PL club, as Arsenal and Spurs were both sniffing around him last year.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20

Really ? If no of posts were a barometer, should I assume you know everything and talk less crap ? Get a life dude.

As long as someone proves me otherwise that he is putting club in a difficult situation,
I would rather have Martial than Jose. Period.

MiceOnMeth

If Sanchez was putting in world class performances each week I think we'd all be a little less annoyed by this news. I can't help but feel We're replacing world class potential with someone who way well be already in physical decline.

MUFC OK

Don't expect this to happen, its the media's usual 'X United player wants out' hyperbole that follows what was a very positive result to bring back an aura of negativity to occupy fans thoughts..

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Maybe he just bought Sanchez thinking, he who works hardest and follows my instructions best will play.
Yeah, I can understanding his thinking and I don't blame him. The opportunity comes to sign Sanchez then you're realistically going to be all over that.
But I can also understand Martial's perspective too, he hasn't developed really from his first season, and he needs regular games.

It's tricky, but hopefully we don't lose him.

El Zoido

He’s a terrific player, but right now I can’t see him becoming another KDB or Salah. I don’t see the same mental strength from him to be a really top top player, but things may change I suppose.

shaky

I'd like him to stay, but realistically, he isn't going to be a regular starter in the near future. Everyone is demanding instant results and improvement from Jose so it's hard to then criticise him for not picking players that aren't his first choice now, just because they might be first choice in a year or two. If Martial isn't prepared to wait for his chances then there's not much we can do about it. I'm sure we'll get somebody good to come in if he goes. If he proves himself world class in 3 years time, I'll worry about it then.

Silas

If Sanchez was putting in world class performances each week I think we'd all be a little less annoyed by this news. I can't help but feel We're replacing world class potential with someone who way well be already in physical decline.
It seems like some have convinced themselves that Sanchez has been performing like he did against City all season.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Anyone mentioned that they won't blame him and he will be world class yet?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Don't expect this to happen, its the media's usual 'X United player wants out' hyperbole that follows what was a very positive result to bring back an aura of negativity to occupy fans thoughts..
RMC don't care about occupying United fans, they don't mention the club often.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I think he's a big talent, but I'm not too bothered if this means we become a more successful side, with less frustrating setbacks.

Big if though.

Infra-red

He apparently seriously considered moving to us before you got him. He just got too expensive. So he must have had some sort of interest in moving to us. I don't think Real or Barca would be interested, PSG seem to be a long shot, especially considering FFP and Neymar's position, so this would leave us with the English clubs you wouldn't want to sell to, Atletico, Juve and us. And quite frankly, I think becoming the successor to Ribery is far the most attractive option for him.
Obviously I'm just guessing. But I think it would be quite likely.
Like HTG said, Bayern generally are very planned with the profile of players they go after. They went after him before he came to United as a long term attacking player, and might do so again if he does push to leave. You look at their squad, the ages of players and everything else, and Martial would hypothetically suit their needs, so it would make sense from their point of view.
I think, from memory, everybody had a look but only United and Chelsea made serious offers. With regards potential interest this summer, it was recently reported that Martial is one of three United players that Real Madrid have asked to be kept 'informed' about...

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Don’t think we should be getting rid of Martial. He is very productive and is clearly talented.

I’d sooner shift the likes of Mata, Herrera, Fellaini, Jones, Shaw etc who can all definitely be improved on. Martial can be improved on without a doubt, but not with much change out of £120m+.

I hope it’s a leak for better terms as opposed to actually wanting out.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I'm surprised by the hysterical reaction to this news.

Martial has amazing potential and, unlike some, I'm not gonna talk that down to make it seem like selling him makes sense. However, if he wants to go then he wants to go. We have other players in his position and you can see it from his perspective.

Manchester United is bigger than any one player. We did not collapse when we sold Hughes, Ince and Kanchelskis. We did not collapse when Cantona retired. We did not collapse when Fergie fell out with Stam or Beckham or Keane or Ruud.

Its possible that Martial will leave United and go on to win the Ballon d'or. Ronaldo did.

United will go on to be successful without him though, I guarantee it.

RedStarUnited

No one is bigger than the manager? They are the first to go when shit goes down. Jose hasn't even earned the right to be unsackable at United.

As to your last sentence, Viva Ronaldo is still being sang by our fans in cold rainy days even though the guy is making history for another team. And that guy begged to leave the club and said we were enslaving him.

Who gives a feck? We are overdue on consistent performers. I don't want more years of buying youth that may or may not reach potential. We have rashford Perreira, Angel Gomez in the next 3yrs, Pogba just turned 25, Lukaku is 25. Its all about balance for gods sake. Our attack is extremely young even with Sanchez involved.

The issue we've had is having a consistent performer on that left wing because we had two young players who weren't able to step up consistently yet. As far as I'm concerned we've fixed that now. The young players fan now either fight and step up as they learn from a player like Sanchez or flee for more game time. I don't mind either, it's up to Martial what he wants. He's a replaceable talent.
Replaceable talent - Name me another young player with his skillset that will want to come to sit on the bench. And cost less than what we will probably get for Martial due to Jose not fancying him?

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Hope we sell to a mid tier club who has an excellent record of developing young players and insert a buy back clause and a first refusal.

I know we wouldn't get our money back but I would rather him develop and come back to us in future.

Skills

Snitch
In 15/16 under LvG, Martial played 4663 minutes.

Since that in almost 2 seasons he's played 4599 minutes.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
It's never Mourinho's fault with young players. Nope, nope, never.

Would be moronic if this happens - unless Mourinho brings home a PL/CL title next season his tenure will be more damaging to the club than either Moyes or LVG.
That only happens if a) we win feck all under Jose and also b) Martial goes onto be a world beater. Both entirely plausible tbh but saying it would be more damaging than Moyes is pushing it IMO.

Won't happen, I've been told by the caf that Martial and Mourinho are best friends.
Yeah it is quite ironic how there was criticism for those who think 'manager doesn't fancy player' .. got over-defensive to the point where they would argue the manager loves Martial (similar thing happened when people suspected a breakdown in relationship between Jose and Pogba - which was also subsequently proven to be true).. look he's starting over Rashford, only for him to then sign a player he must have known plays in Martial's position and then goes on to remove him from his position (after a run of three games where he was killing it) and benches him. Don't know about you but that seems like a manager who was putting up with Martial but always had it in mind, that he wasn't his cup of tea. Quite similar to the Luke Shaw situation albeit far more subtly done.

Similarly, recently we had a poll where 94%+ I think didn't want Martial sold. We also saw him quite clearly win the H2H competition for the LW spot and furthermore matchweek 26 (the week prior to Sanchez signing).. with a Martial/Rashford and Lukaku based attack, we were 5 points clear of Liverpool and Spurs with same number of games played. Now not that is not to say we might not increase this gap on likes of Liverpool/Spurs but what I am trying to say is that particular flank wasn't underperforming. No one was really crying out for a 'oh we so badly need a new LW'.. there was only threads for a RW. But as we have seen before, when Jose decides something is an 'issue'.. suddenly, many also deem something an issue and lose their own ability to analyse the situation at hand. We're seeing this with Martial and Rashford. Both have done rather well this season.. not Mbappe level but they've outperformed Dembele, and as a pairing been as productive as Sane. As for Martial v Sane (the latter has played 2562 minutes vs Martial's 1569) and yet Martial only has one less goal and 5 less assists in 1000 less minutes. Then factor in the fact that one is playing in a uber-attacking system, plays under a coach who gives him full leeway and encouragement and is genuinely concerned about his development, faces less competition for his spot and it does seem very strange to write Martial off as a guy who has zero potential to develop into a top player. For a lazy brainless player, bar last season .. he's generally very very productive for a wide player.

Sane has the platform to play through any dips in form. Martial doesn't and strangely enough even when he was bang in form, he was also dropped. So how exactly is such management designed to develop a young player?

breakout67

Supports
Man City
To be honest, if we get rid of Martial and get Dybala, I would be quite happy.

Dybala at 22 was bordering on world class, we are all still waiting for Martial to fill his world class potential.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I think, from memory, everybody had a look but only United and Chelsea made serious offers. With regards potential interest this summer, it was recently reported that Martial is one of three United players that Real Madrid have asked to be kept 'informed' about...
No, other clubs made offers early but they were rejected because Monaco expected to play the CL and balance the books that way. United allegedly had a different approach, they asked Monaco if they could talk to Martial in the events of a future transfer, then they waited to see if Monaco qualified and pounced the minute Monaco were out. Apparently other clubs were upset that Monaco didn't told them that they were willing to sell at that point, Barcelona and Real Madrid were mentioned.

MUFC OK

RMC don't care about occupying United fans, they don't mention the club often.
The most popular club in the world, really? That doesn't equate to clicks and coverage? Well then, it must be true..

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
To be honest, if we get rid of Martial and get Dybala, I would be quite happy.

Dybala at 22 was bordering on world class, we are all still waiting for Martial to fill his world class potential.
Getting in a player who lacks pace in a team which already is guilty of being too passive at times is going to be a big issue. He'll be better than Mata, but he isn't the right fit.