Martial has got to remain at United | No, he hasn't been unfollowing United players on Instagram

Bocca9978

Not picked for the France squad. I think this will be the final nail, can’t see him wanting to stay.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Martial had a slim chance of being picked anyway. France are completely stacked in attack and someone good was going to miss out.

Member 5225

What has Martial said?
Nothing. That’s half his problem, doesn’t really dampen rhetoric does he.

If he came out, did a sit down interview and said ‘I want to be here, it has been tough. I understand what the manager and coaches want from me...and I have agreed to try my best. Hopefully it will work out. I have no problem with anyone at the club. Etc etc’ he’d appease so many people. But constantly feel like we’re treading on eggshells with him.

Btw my point was, if he left or created a fuss because he wasn’t selected for France, it’s because he didn’t smash it when he had the chance etc.

Bocca9978

Standard Martial if true, ‘final nail’ lol - blaming everyone but himself.
You have to admit it’s a shame. So much potential.
You know he’ll go somewhere else and do really well.

I don’t like to see players fail. Or miss managed, depending on how you look at it.

LoneStar

If he leaves, I hope his followers on here follow him to his new club too.

If we sign a good player on the right, I'd have no problem in selling him.

Reiver

I'm not overly bothered if he goes. Not saying I want him to go but we're so over loaded with left sided attackers it's a joke. It's a shame in that I would like to have seen more of him up front, playing as a striker. But that won't happen.
But would I sell him to help bring in a good right sided attacker? Absolutely.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I'm not overly bothered if he goes. Not saying I want him to go but we're so over loaded with left sided attackers it's a joke. It's a shame in that I would like to have seen more of him up front, playing as a striker. But that won't happen.
But would I sell him to help bring in a good right sided attacker? Absolutely.
We dont need to sell him to do that. Especiall when we also do not have a backup striker

FrenchRed

You have to admit it’s a shame. So much potential.
You know he’ll go somewhere else and do really well.

I don’t like to see players fail. Or miss managed, depending on how you look at it.
If he was good enough, and his attitude was good enough, he'd be playing for United and also for France. I really don't think he'll do better elsewhere as he has fundamental issues with his game that he won't address.

He also has an attitude problem, and doesn't have the drive, determination or staying power to improve and shine (if he is able).

If we can sell him for decent money, we could replace him with a much better team player - I'd not give it a second thought.

Gordon S

If he came out, did a sit down interview and said ‘I want to be here, it has been tough. I understand what the manager and coaches want from me...and I have agreed to try my best. Hopefully it will work out. I have no problem with anyone at the club. Etc etc’ he’d appease so many people. But constantly feel like we’re treading on eggshells with him.

Btw my point was, if he left or created a fuss because he wasn’t selected for France, it’s because he didn’t smash it when he had the chance etc.
Does he really have to say anything?

It just seems to me that people can't wait to assume the worst about him. I can't remember him causing a stir once?

Bocca9978

If he was good enough, and his attitude was good enough, he'd be playing for United and also for France. I really don't think he'll do better elsewhere as he has fundamental issues with his game that he won't address.

He also has an attitude problem, and doesn't have the drive, determination or staying power to improve and shine (if he is able).

If we can sell him for decent money, we could replace him with a much better team player - I'd not give it a second thought.
Don’t think he has had enough chance to show any kind of attitude. But you’re probably right, £500k a week for Sanchez is much better.

Member 5225

Does he really have to say anything?

It just seems to me that people can't wait to assume the worst about him. I can't remember him causing a stir once?
I knew this would be the response.
Sure, ok, don't say anything, he 'doesn't owe anyone comments' etc etc - but don't blame anyone when people question his attitute as a result.

Dr. StrangeHate

I knew this would be the response.
Sure, ok, don't say anything, he 'doesn't owe anyone comments' etc etc - but don't blame anyone when people question his attitute as a result.
Did you question De Gea's attitude when he didn't say anything for months before the fax machine saga.

jesperjaap

That is a classic case of hindsight playing tricks with the mind. There was a lot of fan frustration with Ronaldo in the first 3 seasons. The changing point for him was the wink - where he became the United No. 7 who had to be supported by our fans. Without that, there were a number of people who were puzzled by SAF's decision to chose Rooney and Ronaldo over RVN.

The fan base was as divided over Ronaldo as it currently is over Martial. (Difference is that Ronaldo's performances just kept improving, and in Martial's case, his first season was immense and the remaining have not reached the same heights).
See what you mean but I dont agree. Stand by the comment of his first three seasons we would be hapopy with in this current side. Yes there was an element of frustration, more in the first two....but this was in a side rebuilding yet still successful and though Ronaldo was greedy, over complicating things and a bit cocky the talent and hunger was obvious and he was still producing a lot of very good exciting football.

Martial on the other hand has looked sulky, frustrated and disinterested and bar the start of his career here what has he done, not even talking consistently but at all, he has done very little. Dont get me wrong, I think he is very talented and being used wrongly, but he is getting overhyped at the same time especially considering his performances. I saw derision on Twitter with him being left out of the France squad and people blaming Mourinho......really? Im an not a big fan of Mourinho, but that is crazy, France has a huge pool of players to choose from, Kingsley Coman has been left out even, who for me is a bigger talent than Martial who hasnt proved anything at all yet.

I do think he can go on to be a really good player, whether he does or not is up to him, I just dont see it happening with us on the left wing. I would be happy for him to move and wouldnt be exactly gutted for us if he does, would have liked to see him played up front more, unlike Rashford who has had limited but a few more chances there I think Martial is a good finisher and up front is where is future lies

maniwin

What Martial didn't do consistently :
1. Track back
2. Movement off the ball
3. Pressing defender

His game play is monoton , he only wait for a X ball to his feet and try to beat all his man.He is fast but he didn't make use of it well.
If you are Deschamps / Mourinho why would you pick him when there are players who does everything Martial didn't do , also can beat defender and put a cross ? There are so much lack in Martial game that all Martial FC fans failed to notice.

Last edited:

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
If we are signing 4 top quality players on massive wages we are going to get rid of more than just the obvious ones. Whether that's Martial, Mata or someone else.

haram

1. Track back
2. Movement off the ball
3. Pressing defender
His game play is monoton , he only wait for a X ball to his feet and try to beat all his man.
If you are Deschamps / Mourinho why would you pick him when there are players who does everything Martial didn't do , also can beat defender and put a cross. There are so much lack in Martial game that all Martial FC failed to notice.
Some of them ignore his deficiencies or are blind to them. Some of his fans acknowledge them, but want the team set up in a way which hides his deficiencies. Which in my opinion brings into question how good of a player he actually is or if it is worth changing the system to suit a player like Martial. At this current time, it really isn't worth it, especially considering additions to this team at fullback, midfield and RW will improve this team next year to an extent Martial obviously couldn't.

We are building a team and some cannot accept that Martial is not really needed.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
1. Track back
2. Movement off the ball
3. Pressing defender
His game play is monoton , he only wait for a X ball to his feet and try to beat all his man.
If you are Deschamps / Mourinho why would you pick him when there are players who does everything Martial didn't do , also can beat defender and put a cross. There are so much lack in Martial game that all Martial FC failed to notice.
And yet, for all his flaws, and for a team starving for production from players, he was the second most productive player before Sanchez came. So I guess something must be really wrong with the rest of the team if such a monotone player with all these flaws was the player of the month several times, second most productive, with less minutes than anyone else in the top 5. Sure, the club is doing so well and just dominating on all front so there's really no reason why anyone should give a damn about losing that kind of young player.

Silver

Don’t think he has had enough chance to show any kind of attitude. But you’re probably right, £500k a week for Sanchez is much better.

Enough chance? He's been here almost 4 years... played almost 100 games and only returned 24 goals for a supposed forward/striker. He's played over 40 games for the last two seasons and he hasn't got a chance? How much more chances does a player have to get to prove that they can perform for a club like United?

AgentP

It makes no sense for Martial to stay because he not only missed the World Cup slot but there is no way Jose will play Martial ahead of Sanchez on the LW. So it's either playing out of position or rotting on the bench for him. From our club's perspective, there is no point in keeping an unhappy player and we should sell him to the highest bidder outside the PL.

maniwin

And yet, for all his flaws, and for a team starving for production from players, he was the second most productive player before Sanchez came. So I guess something must be really wrong with the rest of the team if such a monotone player with all these flaws was the player of the month several times, second most productive, with less minutes than anyone else in the top 5. Sure, the club is doing so well and just dominating on all front so there's really no reason why anyone should give a damn about losing that kind of young player.
Yet Deschamps pick Dembele and Lemar over him despite having lower stats . There are so many things in football other than being goal scorer or assister which Martial Lacks, his off the ball movement and workrate is abysmal . France already has enough of goal scorer , that's why Deschamps want someone who is more useful for the team overall.

Bocca9978

Enough chance? He's been here almost 4 years... played almost 100 games and only returned 24 goals for a supposed forward/striker. He's played over 40 games for the last two seasons and he hasn't got a chance? How much more chances does a player have to get to prove that they can perform for a club like United?
Wow has it been 4 years? Ok, I do get your point.

Players stuck out on the left or right tend not to get as many goals as central strickers. He will player Central for another team and do well.
There are similarities with what’s happening to Rashford now.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Yet Deschamps pick Dembele and Lemar over him despite having lower stats . There are so many things in football other than being goal scorer or assister which Martial Lacks, his off the ball movement and workrate is abysmal . France already has enough of goal scorer , that's why Deschamps want someone who is more useful for the team overall.
France, unlike Manchester United, have a plethora of options though and a much bigger competition for those spots. If a player is not playing in the months leading up to the world cup, it's risky to select them. Martial, Mbappe, and Demebele provide a lot of similarities, you can only take two of the three and those other two guys are immensely talented, hence the fee they went for. It's not an indictment on Martial's ability that he came third and was left out for those two guys, and it certainly doesn't justify his benching after Sanchez came in.

Lemar provides something different and it wasn't a competition between the two there.

The_Order

He was smashing till January when Sanchez was brought in (who hasn't exactly set the place alight) but gets picked ahead of him regardless.

He runs a lot I guess, which I spose is the only metric that matters in a Jose team.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Wow has it been 4 years? Ok, I do get your point.

Players stuck out on the left or right tend not to get as many goals as central strickers. He will player Central for another team and do well.
There are similarities with what’s happening to Rashford now.
Three years in September if he's still here and he has 36 goals, not 24 and he has played over 100 games in his time here.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Funny how you harp about productivity when it comes to Martial, but said "stats were misleading" when I pointed out Rashford had more goals and assists per minutes than Asensio to which you replied that even though Asensio is less productive in a more attacking team, he'll "easily contribute" more in United because he's more intelligent than him.

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/marcus-rashford-2017-18-performances.430532/page-130#post-22528251

Keep your arguments consistent atleast.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Funny how you harp about productivity when it comes to Martial, but said "stats were misleading" when I pointed out Rashford had more goals and assists per minutes than Asensio to which you replied that even though Asensio is less productive in a more attacking team, he'll "easily contribute" more in United because he's more intelligent than him.

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/marcus-rashford-2017-18-performances.430532/page-130#post-22528251

Keep your arguments consistent atleast.
Stats tell part of the story, but when you have the luxury of watching the player besides just reading up on his stats, it can tell you more. All I've said about Rashford is that while his stats were superior to Asensio, I believe Asensio is a more intelligent player and that he could have the stats Rashford has on this Manchester United team (if I remember the conversation correctly). I think you know Rashford's made some really dumb decisions throughout this season that has cost this team points; I can't say the same for Martial. So I believe I'm being consistent, stats can be misleading and I count those kinds of poor decisions in the overall productivity of a player, regardless of their stats.