g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Martin Atkinson

BigWillprunier

Knew this thread was getting bumped, he hasn't had the best match but we can't blame him for today.
Anyone who does is clutching at straws.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Cost us a few times this season too, absolute wanker who thinks he's above himself.

NinjaFletch

Knew this thread was getting bumped, he hasn't had the best match but we can't blame him for today.
Anyone who does is clutching at straws.
:confused::confused::confused:

The player who literally should have been sent off for diving 2 minutes before scored their goal?

ravi2

Let's not blame the refs for the crap play on the pitch. Atkinson is not the one who is still keeping LVG as manager of mufc.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
A ref who HATES Man Utd. HATES us! Every 50/50 goes against us.

Man-United

Let's not blame the refs for the crap play on the pitch. Atkinson is not the one who is still keeping LVG as manager of mufc.
I will blame Atkinson for this. It's pathetic game from him and he deserves all the abuse he will get.

Jev

Still not completely sure about the penalty. From one angle I thought it looked like Rojo might have hit him.

If it was a dive, then of course he should have been sent off but to be honest most referees would have probably given the pen, so we can hardly claim he cost us the game.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
Howard Webb praising the hell out of him during commentary.

Is there any point of his opinion/analysis? He ALWAYS protects his refereeing staff and rarely states they got a decision wrong.

Coward.

bdecuc

Still not completely sure about the penalty. From one angle I thought it looked like Rojo might have hit him.

If it was a dive, then of course he should have been sent off but to be honest most referees would have probably given the pen, so we can hardly claim he cost us the game.
Angle I saw seemed clear. Dive. Clear yellow..

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
tidy day out for him, bottled an obvious dive, gives a soft free kick that they score from, and just a yellow for that lunging 2 footer

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down

You don't think most refs would have given us a pen for the Reid handball?

ravi2

I will blame Atkinson for this. It's pathetic game from him and he deserves all the abuse he will get.
He hasn't had the best game but as I said, he isn't the reason we are in 5th and out of virtually every competition.

He isn't also the reason why we wouldn't have champions league football next season.

Jev

You don't think most refs would have given us a pen for the Reid handball?
Well, I wouldn't personally. Looked clear-cut on first glance but seeing as it bounced from leg to elbow and he had his arm quite close to his body, it would have been a bit harsh I think.

Jev

Also, Fellaini (as always) could easily have been sent off after 30 minutes. Elbowed a West Ham player in the face prior to his yellow. Been a crap game from Atkinson but don't think it's more than 60-40 in West Ham's favour.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Well, I wouldn't personally. Looked clear-cut on first glance but seeing as it bounced from leg to elbow and he had his arm quite close to his body, it would have been a bit harsh I think.
He threw himself into an unnatural position with his elbow out. The ball was still traveling towards goal when it hit his elbow. Reid created the situation for the ball to hit his hand and thus it should have been a handball imo. Way different than the 1 or 2 times it hit Ogbanna as the ball hit him while he was standing still and didn't have his arm out.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
He missed Schweinsteiger blocking off Randolph too so he hasn't really favoured anyone. Just been absolutely useless.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Another superb decision, corner apparently.

SteveW

Awful ref. Saved us today by allowing Martial's goal and not giving the Payet penalty

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Most inept performance ever :lol:

Jesus christ.

RORY65

I used to think a few years ago that he was deliberately biased towards Chelsea but it's clear he's far too incompetent for it to be on purpose. He's just completely inept, he didn't really help either team he just made continual errors for both sides.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Awful ref. Saved us today by allowing Martial's goal and not giving the Payet penalty
Got the penalty right IMO. I thought it was nailed on in real time. Couldn't believe it wasn't given. I can't see the contact Webb is talking about in the replay. Clear dive.

Not sure about Martial's goal. Hard to say if it's an intentional block from Schweinsteiger. He's not even looking where the goalkeeper is.

NK86

I wish someone would just smash the twat in the face. Like really knock a few teeth out. How can a professional ref get so many decisions wrong when they were right in front of his eyes.

Man-United

I think the main hate to him is not just from today, but everything comes out now from us because he's done this many times before when being the ref in United games.