Martin Tyler | Retiring

rajds89

If you were just listening to the commentary you wouldn't have guessed Rashford had just scored given the low-key commentary. It's as if Rashford inconveniently interrupted his crossword.

Nero

Thing with Tyler is he isn't biased towards a team, he's biased towards a narrative. The story this season is Arsenal winning the league, so that's what he lends his bais to.

He's also very often in favour of the home team, due to getting caught up in the atmosphere.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Not sure who I detest more, arteta or this dinosaur

acnumber9

Was devastated when Martinez scored. Definitely not an Arsenal fan though. He supports Woking. That Arsenal book he wrote was just a side hustle.

Chairman Steve

Was devastated when Martinez scored. Definitely not an Arsenal fan though. He supports Woking. That Arsenal book he wrote was just a side hustle.
That’s the classic football commentator 101 to declare for some arse end of nowhere team. Tyler is absolutely a goon. Go watch Wiltord’s scrappy goal at OT in 2002 with his commentary and tell me otherwise.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
That’s the classic football commentator 101 to declare for some arse end of nowhere team. Tyler is absolutely a goon. Go watch Wiltord’s scrappy goal at OT in 2002 with his commentary and tell me otherwise.
1999 season too. He was devastated when Becks scored that free kick. Didn't speak for a good 30 seconds after.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Top rated comment on the BBC match report

Love how MUFC Fan TV aka Martin Tyler and Gary Neville were speechless at the end there
It's capped off with three laughing emojis and replied to by several wankmarathons about how United get every decision etc.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Martin Tyler when United score a wonder goal " And United have taken the lead"

Martin Tyler when the opposition score (against United) " AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ,WHAT A GOAL!! "

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
He screamed when Bissaka slid in, sounded hopeful for a penalty. Barely a whimper for the claims we had.

GlasgowCeltic

Was devastated when Martinez scored.
Definitely not an Arsenal fan though. He supports Woking. That Arsenal book he wrote was just a side hustle.
“the man with the band has put the band of Man Utd level at 2-2” Martin what the hell are you talking about mate

Ladron de redcafe

1999 season too. He was devastated when Becks scored that free kick. Didn't speak for a good 30 seconds after.
Yeah I remember that :lol: He did the same when Hargreaves scored the free kick in the 2-1 win over them in 2008 as well. Sounded a little deflated and as if he was forcing himself to react/commentate.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Yeah he’s absolutely terrible. Sucks any joy out of a game

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
One of the games last week he was going off on some random narrative about a player and there was a break in the box and the striker was through and nearly had a shot and he just kept telling his story.
God forbid the action on the pitch interrupt his ramblings

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Rashfords goal v arsenal where he megged someone and scored a worldy was especially shocking

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Sky have a weird sense of loyalty to him. ITV and BBC would have reduced his role. I can only think that sky don't rate their other commentators highly enough

Brophs

The One and Only
Sky have a weird sense of loyalty to him. ITV and BBC would have reduced his role. I can only think that sky don't rate their other commentators highly enough
They need to be careful. They could end up with Andy Hinchcliffe commentating on a game with actual importance and that’s no way to run a business.

Andy_Cole

He constantly wants the story, which is usually the underdog winning/ scoring. So if the narrative doesn’t happen he sounds upset.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Rashfords goal v arsenal where he megged someone and scored a worldy was especially shocking
I haven't seen (or heard) this goal yet. So would love to watch it done by Cantwell for the first time. Someone send in a request! :lol:

Chairman Steve

I watched our 98/99 season review over the weekend and Tyler was a really good play by play commentator back then. He had a knack of sounding enthusiastic without making it sound biased towards one team and letting his commentary naturally flow.