Martin Tyler | Retiring

Josh 76

He went More crazy with the Declan Rice shot at OT in the last min than he did today.

He’s well passed it!

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
He tends to react louder for home goals, maybe he forgets he doesn’t have to shout louder to be heard.
Nope. He just fecking hates us. Listen to his commentary of our third against Arsenal, somewhere between live reporting of the Hindenburg going up and just stopping himself from begging for it to be disallowed:

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I'm sure it was said years he supported Leeds so that could account for why there are hints of ABU in his commentary.

cyberman

Just rewatched the goal. The so called coming out goal for him has Tyler rabbiting on about an 18 year old who might have his critics over his celebration.
Totally uncalled for

GlasgowCeltic

defo going through the motions, he's never topping Aguero and he's probably fine with that, as long as he's got his puns he's happy

Djemba-Djemba

I'm sure it was said years he supported Leeds so that could account for why there are hints of ABU in his commentary.
He's 100% an Arsenal fan.

I'm convinced about it.

About 10 years ago Valencia scored a thumping header at the Emirates to put us 1-0 up and he genuinely sounded like he was announcing the death of the Queen commentating on it. It was hilarious to listen to.

Last edited:

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
He was so disappointed that we'd won it
You do realise nearly every supporter of other clubs says exactly the same thing. Guarantee you will see Liverpool fans say how disappointed he sounds when they score etc…

I think maybe he is just getting on a bit so doesn’t commentate with the same gusto as he used to

Carolina Red

Staff
RAWK’s take on him today…

Tyler's voice there when a United player threw hinself over in the box
Yeah it's a real shock. How can he have hidden his support for Manchester United for so long.
I saw something about a petition from Liverpool fans insisting that he never commentates a Liverpool match again, something like 85k signatures at the time, he's shocking, should have been put out to pasture 15 years ago, he's only got worse since Ratboy became his sidekick

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Can you even imagine a planet where an 18 year old comes off the bench and scores an injury time winner for Liverpool and commentary is all "yeah, but attitude issues"?

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
How can Liverpool fans even accuse him of supporting United? The most unenthusiastic I have ever heard him commentating on a last minute winner... and from an 18 year old off the bench no less.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
RAWK’s take on him today…
Indeed. I think people are overly critical. Everyone thinks he supports the opposition in every game :lol:

I just think he’s a poor commentator nowadays and his reactions aren’t quick enough

BuzzKillington

Where's Andy Gray when you need him, he'd have kicked up a right fuss over that goal.
I had the misfortune to have to watch a BEIN stream for the villa game, it was the first time since they got the boot from sky I’ve watched them. I can’t express in mere words how much I loathe Andy Gray & Richard Keys. Keys especially is such a massive cnut.

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft

I'm convinced about it.

About 10 years ago Valencia scored a thumping header at the Emirates to put us 1-0 up and he genuinely sounded like he was announcing the death of the Queen commentating on it. It was hilarious to listen to.
I'm laughing now cause I remember this exact goal and being bemused at his reaction to it too. You'd seriously think the ball had gone out for a routine throw from his tone.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

I'm convinced about it.

He is actually 100% a Woking fan.

This has been long established so seems strange people try and debate it still.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
How can Liverpool fans even accuse him of supporting United? The most unenthusiastic I have ever heard him commentating on a last minute winner... and from an 18 year old off the bench no less.
When Martial scored against Liverpool on his debut he literally celebrated the goal. I think it mainly goes back to that moment for Liverpool fans.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
He is actually 100% a Woking fan.

This has been long established so seems strange people try and debate it still.
He works for Woking still. I doubt they were his childhood team but could be wrong as you do get fans who solely support non league teams.

I mentioned Leeds as years back it was said he apparently worked ages ago on Yorkshire TV before ITV/Sky picked him up so I listened to the next Leeds game he covered and he was very downbeat when opposition scored v them. And any lack of enthusiasm for crucial Man. United goals.

Brophs

The One and Only
Lads...draws aren't fixed against us, referees aren't fixing our games and Martin Tyler doesn't hate us. Stop being weird.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I streamed it but watched the highlights to see the reaction on Sky and wow it was so disappointing :lol: just absolutely rubbish from Tyler.

stevoc

I'm convinced about it.

Of course he is, it's been suspected for decades. He pretends to be a Woking fan and he may well be fond of them. But it's the same with all these top commentators they pretend to be a fan of a lower league club. Like Motson claiming to be a Barnet fan for 40 years when he was actually a Chelsea fan.

stevoc

he's shite, too busy looking for his next catachphrase to react naturally
That's the main thing here, setting aside who he supports and his biases, subdued reactions. He's just a shite commentator these days, has been for about a decade now. More interested in soundbites than commentating on the fecking match.

Red00012

He tends to react louder for home goals, maybe he forgets he doesn’t have to shout louder to be heard.
He tends to get excited for sky games he’d put you to sleep when he’s commentating for another station