Martin Tyler

spwd

Don't know how Neville has not twatted him.
I’ve said it many times, he just can’t help himself calling Gary shite or digging at United, pisses me off no end, and some fans like him :houllier:

Mick321

Other fans say he loves us, our fans say he hates us. The paranoia of the football world.

FujiVice

Absolute miserable twat when we scored the winner tonight. What happened to "hope all English teams do well"?

FujiVice

What channel does he commentate on for Champions League
Some shite that I was watching on a stream. Another london twat was on there with him and they seemed gutted when we scored. Absolute tosspot.

FujiVice

English team scores a winner in the last minute of an away fixture to keep their hopes alive. This is his reaction.

Classical Mechanic

He wanted to get his Juve wankathon on. The media have been hyping them up. He hates it when the narrative he’s been working on all week goes tits up, all his little word plays down the toilet.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
<long pause> ".....it's ended up in the back of the net". FFS.

Tyler is such a miserable fecker when it comes to United. I'm convinced he's a massive Gooner and hates our guts.

Cliche Guevara

What a cnut. Genuinely shite reaction to an incredible moment. You’d have thought he just lost his house on that goal.

Where was the Fell...Szcz...Pog...Chie...Alex Sandroooooooooo

JohnnyKills

<long pause> ".....it's ended up in the back of the net". FFS.

Tyler is such a miserable fecker when it comes to United. I'm convinced he's a massive Gooner and hates our guts.
I've long thought that too. Still think he's a great commentator though. Him, Tyldesley and Darke are the best by miles.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
I've long thought that too. Still think he's a great commentator though. Him, Tyldesley and Darke are the best by miles.
He is. Arguably the best but his obvious lack of enthusiasm for us really annoys me sometimes.

Infra-red

My favourite bit from tonight's commentary was definitely Keown on BT Sport asking if this could be our "best ever result in Europe."

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
My favourite bit from tonight's commentary was definitely Keown on BT Sport asking if this could be our "best ever result in Europe."
I thought he meant under Jose but if not, that guy needs sacking. Why can’t we have a ex-United commentator doing our European games instead of that miserable git?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Was essentially saying United fans should be happy Ronaldo scored such a goal. The idiot was chatting nonsense.

FujiVice

He's still upset he spent half of 1995 writing up all his best lines for the eventual Newcastle title win. God he used to wank off to Keegan that year. As if Newcastle were playing football from another planet, when in fact they ended the year with less goals than us and Liverpool.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He's not an ABU. Suggesting he is makes you sound ridiculous. Don't you remember "OOOOHHHH YEEEESSSSS" when Martial scored on his debut?

He's just a commentator, who wants his own iconic moments.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I thought he meant under Jose but if not, that guy needs sacking. Why can’t we have a ex-United commentator doing our European games instead of that miserable git?
*up steps MUTV legend Paddy Crerand*

Be careful what you wish for.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
He's not an ABU. Suggesting he is makes you sound ridiculous. Don't you remember "OOOOHHHH YEEEESSSSS" when Martial scored on his debut?

He's just a commentator, who wants his own iconic moments.
How do you explain away his complete lack of enthusiasm for our winner tonight? His commentary was so muted that I actually paused for a moment as I wasn't sure it was a goal. He wasn't exactly bouncing off the walls when Mata equalised either.

Last edited:

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Considers himself a playwright and comes alive when it's the narrative he's craved all week. His "ohhhhhhhhh Yesssssssssss!" ejaculation for Martial's goal in his debut against us so Sky can copyright for years is a prime example. There was one moment in 2012 when Antonio Valencia scored away at Arsenal unexpectedly and he didn't utter a word, I couldn't tell if United had scored or not, he must have notebook of Arsenal lines he was busy crossing out that night he was so convinced they'd win.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
He seems to decide what he wants to happen before the game then bases his enthusiasm on that.

He's a right weirdo though. When it doesn't pan out how he wanted he actually starts being bizarre and making spiteful remarks. Like when Suarez made his comeback against us and he clearly wanted him to score the winner. Then when it became obvious it wouldn't happen he started completely making up weird shit like claiming Giggs should have been sent off.

When you pay attention to him he does stuff like this a lot. It's like he thinks he has a right to decide what happens in a game based on what he thinks would sound cool to commentate on, then throws his toys out of the pram if it doesn't happen.

cyberman

Considers himself a playwright and comes alive when it's the narrative he's craved all week. His "ohhhhhhhhh Yesssssssssss!" ejaculation for Martial's goal in his debut against us so Sky can copyright for years is a prime example. There was one moment in 2012 when Antonio Valencia scored away at Arsenal unexpectedly and he didn't utter a word, I couldn't tell if United had scored or not, he must have notebook of Arsenal lines he was busy crossing out that night he was so convinced they'd win.
Exactly. Jose and Utd losing while City and Liverpool crush it is supposed to be the story. 3rd season syndrome and all that.
It reminds me of when Crespo scored a last min winner v a promoted side and he shouts OOOOO NOOOO. He caught himself and meekly added for team x ( I forget)

automaticflare

How do you explain away his complete lack of enthusiasm for our winner tonight? His commentary was so muted that I actually paused for a moment as I was sure it was a goal. He wasn't exactly bouncing off the walls when Mata's equalised either.
Maybe cos it was a shite goal

Tyler has had some amazing moments commentating on United eg martial example above some strange views on him here I think

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Come on. Did you hear his reaction to the mata goal?? That pause for the winner was the same pause we all went through for a brief moment not knowing where the feck the ball went

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
Honestly I think he has been doing it for a paycheck and phoning it in for years now.

Remember back in the early 90's when he commentated on that crazy Serie A game with loads of chances and was basically on the edge of his seat?

I think there comes a time with all commentators that they basically act like they have seen it all and give up. Motson was the same. Davies less so but he always sounded like he was reading a play rather than sounding off on the action .

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Tyler's commentary was off tube. He does sound disinterested on the times I've heard him doing an off tube commentary. The commentary itself was for a world feed so blatant bias for an English team may not have gone down well.

SER19

He seems to decide what he wants to happen before the game then bases his enthusiasm on that.

He's a right weirdo though. When it doesn't pan out how he wanted he actually starts being bizarre and making spiteful remarks. Like when Suarez made his comeback against us and he clearly wanted him to score the winner. Then when it became obvious it wouldn't happen he started completely making up weird shit like claiming Giggs should have been sent off.

When you pay attention to him he does stuff like this a lot. It's like he thinks he has a right to decide what happens in a game based on what he thinks would sound cool to commentate on, then throws his toys out of the pram if it doesn't happen.
I remember the suarez stuff it was bizarre. When you watch old games he has a fair amount of miserable reactions to late winners for us, but also some good moments. Hes hard to explain

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Absolute miserable twat when we scored the winner tonight. What happened to "hope all English teams do well"?
He couldn't shut up about Ronaldo's goal for 15 minutes but, as you say, was unbelievably muted about our goals.

vodrake

The narrative had been set up perfectly for him. Media favorites Juventus beating perpetually in crisis United; Ronaldo scoring a wondergoal for his first CL goal for Juventus, and against his old team as well, to put them in the lead. Then we fecked it all up for him.

I'd be annoyed too.

cyberman

The narrative had been set up perfectly for him. Media favorites Juventus beating perpetually in crisis United; Ronaldo scoring a wondergoal for his first CL goal for Juventus, and against his old team as well, to put them in the lead. Then we fecked it all up for him.

I'd be annoyed too.
My guess is he's been working on material for the derby and It's winning has eased so much that that their analysis won't carry as much weight.
A lot of work. Wasted.

Djemba-Djemba

I remember that game, 2-1 win Welbeck scored the winner, and you're absolutely right.

I assumed it was disallowed for some reason, he just went completely silent for about 7 or 8 seconds as Valencia ran off celebrating. It was bizarre, your reasoning as to why could be true.

I've always had the suspicion though he's an Arsenal fan. He fecking loves them.