Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Every time this 18 year old gets the ball in the box, I expect a goal. And I'm being reinforced in thinking so, like a Pavlovian dog.

That alone tells you how special this kid is.

Ainu

I don't want to get into comparisons with other players, but what I do know is we should do everything to make sure our future attack is built to get the best out of him. It's going to be a privilege to watch him play for us for the next 15 years or so.

Kyonn

Na, he was dominating Euros at that age.
Id put young Rooney over Mbappe
Greenwood started the season at 17, Rooney's equivalent season would've been his last season at Everton before his move to United. No euro games.

youmeletsfly

Rooney's all round game was way better, but Greenwood is already better than Rooney ever was at putting the ball in the net. Dunno who is better, but Greenwood is fantastic.
That is very stupid.
One scored 15 goals in his entire pr career, the other one about 300.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
He's so brilliant.... let's hope he keeps working hard and keeps his head down.

For sure the best finisher at the club.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
He has a big season ahead of him. He wouldn't have gone to the Euros but next season he might be able to play his win into the England team.

England could have an embarrassment of riches up front

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Mbappe and Greenwood couldn’t be more different as players but it’s fair to compare Greenwood’s first season to Mbappe’s. You have to realise one was playing for Monaco, whilst they were a very good side, it’s different playing for United. Also considering our woeful form at the start of the season and Greenwood being largely an impact sub. Certainly comparable.

SirAnderson

Watching that second goal again, my feck I can cream myself watching that over and over again! What skill, technique, finishing and just sheer confidence to hit that knowing you can score! He is just sublime! :devil: :drool:

kundalini

Fantastic strikes for his goals, though the keeper could have done better with the first one. 8 goals and 1 assist in about 900 mins in the PL.

Classical Mechanic

Just seen that second goal back and it’s pretty incredible, actually going away from goal, zero back lift and the power is incredible. The first I had a a keeping error but he hits it so hard at the middle of the keeper he can’t adjust to get in a proper position to dive for it.

lsd

The Oracle
Well on his way to becoming a superstar . What a finisher he is as well . If he can add aerial ability to his game he will be the total package

cyberman

Greenwood started the season at 17, Rooney's equivalent season would've been his last season at Everton before his move to United. No euro games.
Not far off but thats semantics anyway. Rooney was playing so well the public demanded that he made his international debut a few months after his 17th birthday.
You cant compare the two. Rooney was a force of nature.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Watching that second goal again, my feck I can cream myself watching that over and over again! What skill, technique, finishing and just sheer confidence to hit that knowing you can score! He is just sublime! :devil: :drool:
I prefer his first goal. Rocket shot like Batistuta's.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
That is very stupid.
One scored 15 goals in his entire pr career, the other one about 300.
“Mason’s one of the best finishers I’ve seen and I’ve played with a few decent ones,” said Solskjaer on Wednesday
Coming from Ole. One of the best finishers this club has seen. I’d say Law, Ruud, Ole, Greenwood.

Doesn't matter what age he is. You can’t really teach finishing like that. Players either have it or they don’t.

Idxomer

Not far off but thats semantics anyway. Rooney was playing so well the public demanded that he made his international debut a few months after his 17th birthday.
You cant compare the two. Rooney was a force of nature.
Yes, Greenwood is great and very special but Rooney was something else and the defense back then was much tougher too.

wythyred

He’s immense.. he’s such a special talent.

His ambidextrous skillset and intelligence sets him apart from any other young player I’ve seen play the game in the last two decades.

lenny_1248

Did not expect anything else from him. Everyone who saw him in academy knew he was special.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I'm trying not to get carried away but he looks the real deal. Great finishing today, and in the case of the second goal he's largely made it himself at a time when we looked a little shaky in the game. Top effort.

Fracture90

This lad is something else. His ability to control and shot the ball so quickly but with such power is amazing! He just gotta keep his head down and continue to improve.

Amazing, amazing talent.

Silas

Other than the obvious stuff, an aspect of his game that completely separates him from other young talents is his ball retention. Seems to make the right decision 90% of the time.

E-mal

At what point does Ole begin to consider Mason over Martial at 9 if we get Sancho? Seemed to be a given Mason would come off the bench but he has been phenomenal. Just a natural goal scorer!
Don't assume is going to be Martial alone who is under threat. I'd say Rashford, Sancho and Martial are not guaranteed a place at all and that's the competition we deserve.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
That Right footer was a vital goal for him to score, reaffirms in defenders minds that they can't just show him down the outside to nullify him. Keeps them guessing

Status
Not open for further replies.