5.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Welbeckham

Unreal player. Already one of the most fear-inducing offensive players in the league. The most exciting young player (for us and the whole league) since Rooney and Ronaldo’s days, and definitely doesn’t pale in comparison with those two at the same age.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Since restart he has been brilliant. Even before he was good but now he looks miles better. His general play, strength to hold off defenders, winning possession, carrying the ball from defensive third to final third, shooting with both feet, some nice passes. He is such a complete package.

Ibi Dreams

Another brilliant goal, what a player this kid is

What I really liked about his goal was how he took it - controlled it with his right, a quick and perfect touch with his left to put the ball ahead of him, then absolutely spanked with his right.

He's definitely been favouring his left a bit since joining the first team, but the last two goals he's scored really prove that he's just as good with both. And they're both absolutely wicked

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Its hard not to get giddy about Greenwood. To think that six years ago we were losing our heads about Januzaj...Adnan's average compared to Mason. Mind blowing. Left foot, right foot it doesn't matter. You always feel he can get you a goal. The threat he carries! Plus he got the goal just on half time, killing the game. He scores and he scores when we badly need it. Tonight, 1-0 down at the weekend and then at 3-2 when Bournemouth were threatening to come back into it. Ice in his veins.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Sky really is the limit with this kid.

when he’s in the mood you just can’t stop him.

TommiHelm

The way he hits the ball, like he somehow manages to shoot a split second before you think he's going to. It reminds me a bit of one of my all time favorite strikers, Jean Pierre Papin. Although he scored a lot of different goals to (volleys, headers, free kicks). Mason has plenty time though, but that finishing technique alone is gonna make him lethal his whole career, it's just impossible for the goalkeeper to read. Plus he can do it with both feet, which is crazy.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
Hoping he continues like this, he could be amazing for England

Brightonian

On his own he could be neutralised, maybe. But when he needs so little space to shoot how do you stop him while also paying attention to Martial, Rashford, Bruno, Pogba... he's the ingredient that makes the whole machine unstoppable at the moment.

Superunknown

The season is ending a bit too early for him. His form and current play is fantastic and I am so excited about his future. Feels like a new star signing.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
I remember when Ole came in as a manager and said Greenwood was the best finisher at the club, which at the time I thought was just the usual hyperbole confidence booster every manager tries to give their young players, but it quite obviously was nothing but the truth. He's absolutely lethal this kid and I haven't been this excited whenever a United attacker has the ball at his feet in and around the box for a very long time.

RedIan

Fricking awesome finish yet again. So clinical. fast feet makes a space and bang pick that out, nearly breaks the nets.. we are soo lucky to have this kid. Love him.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Apart from the goal, his general play was very good. He played huge role for the first goal, turned defense into attack with brilliant run.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
If Sancho comes, where do we put him?! I just want to keep seeing Greenwood

He'sRaldo

Has he given an interview yet? Haven't even heard the lad speak and he's on course for 20 goals.

Skills

Snitch
Genuinely feel giddy watching him play. Have the feeling you're watching something special unfold

3KDré

Has he given an interview yet? Haven't even heard the lad speak and he's on course for 20 goals.
Don’t think so. I remember reading here that Ole has actively kept him away from the media to help keep him focussed only on the football.

SirScholes

The season is ending a bit too early for him. His form and current play is fantastic and I am so excited about his future. Feels like a new star signing.
I think it’s perfect for him, before he gets over played, ole just can not taken out the team when there is so much at stake. Always worry about players being thrusted into the limelight so soon.
With games coming so quick it’s perfect for him to make an impact then when the season closes rest up and continue his natural development away from cameras and pressure of first team football

If I was a defender I’d be dreading playing him next season, he’ll be a monster

kundalini

Fantastic strike with his right-foot. Could have scored at least one more if he'd made a clean contact with his other attempts, especially the 2nd.

After the pre-season tour, I was surprised Greenwood didn't start PL matches (instead of Europa league and domestic Cup games) in the early part of the season; that's looking more and more like an error from Solskjaer.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Brilliant finisher as we all know and what the hype will be all about, but his all round play is what I love to see from him. So refined for an 18 year old. So many quick turns, first time passes, excellent touches when under pressure and you don't see him lose the ball too many times. Excellent decision making and has the ability to pull off seemingly anything.

Can see him being a real star next season. He's just a brilliant player already.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Fantastic strike with his right-foot. Could have scored at least one more if he'd made a clean contact with his other attempts, especially the 2nd.

After the pre-season tour, I was surprised Greenwood didn't start PL matches (instead of Europa league and domestic Cup games) in the early part of the season; that's looking more and more like an error from Solskjaer.
Not an error, it's just that Greenwood had to develop more. He's filled out over the last few months for sure, and you can see the growth in him both physically and his confidence over the course of the season. Ole has treated him perfectly IMO. Eased him in, made him work his way in and now he's made himself undroppable.

We saw all too well a few years ago when Januzaj burst on to the scene and became an automatic starter and was pretty much never dropped or managed. Got way too complacent.

mu4c_20le

Not surprised that kids like him and Saka are thriving in these closed door matches ,must feel like the reserves with less pressure

lex talionis

Alexis Sanchez should be forced to videos of Mason Greenwood to learn how it’s done.

Status
Not open for further replies.