Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Cause you've only watched one game. He gets his hype from his excellent academy form where he's been the best player in every team he's played in. You're a very poor judge of talent if you see "the next David Bellion". What an absolute waste of one of your allowed daily posts.
:lol:
What a car crash of a post :lol:
:lol:

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
Shame on each and every one of you who quoted that obvious troll (Read their 6 posts, not a United fan)

On topic, Greenwood No.7 lets be haven' youuuuu:devil:

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I don't see the hype in this kid. He's scored in a friendly against a bad Inter side and people saying he's the next RVP and Ronaldo rolled into one. He's too small. I see the next David Bellion tbh.
I was gonna address this post, until I decided to view your other posts.:rolleyes:

meamth

I don't see the hype in this kid. He's scored in a friendly against a bad Inter side and people saying he's the next RVP and Ronaldo rolled into one. He's too small. I see the next David Bellion tbh.
What the actual feck.

You might want to hide for awhile if you want that full member credibility.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

Brightonian

Twitter is already full of people comparing him, Brewster and Nketiah :lol: "No, my clubs player is the best".
Mmm yes, I also remember mates of mine doing the same thing with Rashford, Iheanacho and Iwobi. Lot of support for Iheanacho at the time.

:wenger:

Brightonian

Two bad matches and he'll turn from Robin van Greenwood to Greenbeck or something shit like that on here.
It won't take two, the caf is a parody of itself now. Two missed chances in a match we lose will become 'a shite performance' will become 'not ready to start for us' will become 'sell him and buy insert some totally unproven french kid here.'

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
It won't take two, the caf is a parody of itself now. Two missed chances in a match we lose will become 'a shite performance' will become 'not ready to start for us' will become 'sell him and buy insert some totally unproven french kid here.'
You are referring to the PTSDed Caftards on matchday threads? Six years of emotional battering will do it to you.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
You are referring to the PTSDed Caftards on matchday threads? Six years of emotional battering will do it to you.
Sack Fergie Sell Giggs. It's not just the last 6 years...most of our fans are dipshits, especially on the caf.

izec

If you expect him to tear it up every game, then you are in for a surprise. He is just 17

I think Gomes is more ready for first team football than Greenwood personally, even if Greenwood is more hyped up

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Thread is quiet, guess people agree with the post above.
Probably more just it's not worth commenting anything if a player just had a quiet 45 minutes. It's not necessarily "bad" if it's just quiet and isn't involved in bigger moments.

edgecutter

There is a great player there. He has potential and should be ahead of a few "regulars".

He's only 17 and he will have games like today, but the management needs to stick by him.

mav_9me

If you expect him to tear it up every game, then you are in for a surprise. He is just 17

I think Gomes is more ready for first team football than Greenwood personally, even if Greenwood is more hyped up
You may not be wrong but 2 things in favor of Greenwood are there is an obvious RW position vacant and physically being tall and relatively speedy makes it easier to play him.

Arguably there is an obvious 3rd midfielder spot available in first team too for Gomes but his size makes it harder I think. I personally think he will be fine, not too dissimilar to Xavi/Iniesta type (not as good, please don't jump on that) but that technical ability should let him play.

Treble

Probably more just it's not worth commenting anything if a player just had a quiet 45 minutes. It's not necessarily "bad" if it's just quiet and isn't involved in bigger moments.
Thanks, didn't watch the game. People shouldn't expect from him consistently good performances in every game. Only 17. I'd be surprised if he could make much of a difference at a top club at 17. Even Messi wasn't quite ready at 17.

Alemar

Well, Greenwood fed the ball to Pereira who in turn provided an assist to Martial - so Greenwood actually “was involved” in the goal :)

bosnian_red

Thanks, didn't watch the game. People shouldn't expect from him consistently good performances in every game. Only 17. I'd be surprised if he could make much of a difference at a top club at 17. Even Messi wasn't quite ready at 17.
Yeah, I said before but he'll be rotated loads at the start but i think by the end of the season he'll be starting a good chunk for us, similar to how Rooney and Ronaldo were starters at 18 but still had their periods out of the team. You have to protect them from burning out, but also give them enough responsibility cause he can handle it.

Treble

Yeah, I said before but he'll be rotated loads at the start but i think by the end of the season he'll be starting a good chunk for us, similar to how Rooney and Ronaldo were starters at 18 but still had their periods out of the team. You have to protect them from burning out, but also give them enough responsibility cause he can handle it.
Rooney and Ronaldo were exceptional talents. Rooney is one of the very best players England has produced and Ronaldo one of the very best players period. It's way too early to compare Greenwood to them and expect a similar development trajectory. Fans are desperate for something really positive but it's not good for Greenwood himself to expect so much from him so early.

Handré1990

He wasn’t bad, he just wasn’t involved very much. His technical level is ace, and like I said in the match day, he managed to keep the ball under intense pressure several times.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It was a tough first half, but when he had it he did well bar a few sloppy first time passes.

The run over the top from Young's ball is exactly what he's about though. Stuffing him onto the wing we won't ever see him at his best, but at least it gets him on the pitch.

It's nice to see he can hang at this level though.

AP88

Supports
Man City
It was a tough first half, but when he had it he did well bar a few sloppy first time passes.

The run over the top from Young's ball is exactly what he's about though. Stuffing him onto the wing we won't ever see him at his best, but at least it gets him on the pitch.

It's nice to see he can hang at this level though.
Agree - initially thought he could be the solution in the right, but having watched him over preseason, his role should be the Solskjaer one; coming off the bench as a striker to blag a goal. He could eventually be the best #9 in the world, and there’s a lot of the Brazilian Ronaldo about him in terms of movement and capacity to isolate and beat defenders going either way.

Regarding the right wing, I think Dalot should be developed exclusively there now. He’s the only player in the squad who offers legitimate width and his crossing ability could be a huge asset.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Unfortunately I think you are right, some posters on here expect 10/10 performances every week. I certainly hope he doesn't play week in week out, at 17/18 he still has 3/4 years growing to do, and playing every week will have a detrimental effect on him. Play him by all means, but give him extended breaks through the season from time to time, similar with Gomes and Garner.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Don’t ever come back here again.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Rooney and Ronaldo were exceptional talents. Rooney is one of the very best players England has produced and Ronaldo one of the very best players period. It's way too early to compare Greenwood to them and expect a similar development trajectory. Fans are desperate for something really positive but it's not good for Greenwood himself to expect so much from him so early.
Also, should be noted that progress isn’t linear. I mean who would have thought Kane would be a player he is today?
All we can say is that this kid is supremely talented. We can all be happy that he plays for us, and we can all hope that he carries on his progression in an upward trajectory without injuries — we’ll have a hell a player on our hands then.

bosnian_red

Only watching the game now, 15 minutes in, why the feck were people even saying things like was too quiet?? Had multiple quality moments only 15 minutes in. I guess people are already starting to expect him to get in goalscoring chances in every match he plays, which won't happen with him playing on the wing (and being 17), but this was in no way a bad performance. Kid is quality.

Alemar

Only watching the game now, 15 minutes in, why the feck were people even saying things like was too quiet?? Had multiple quality moments only 15 minutes in. I guess people are already starting to expect him to get in goalscoring chances in every match he plays, which won't happen with him playing on the wing (and being 17), but this was in no way a bad performance. Kid is quality.
Could be because Martial, James, McTominay and Pereira produced a better performance, so Greenwood drew less attention. But for sure not a bad game for him

edcunited1878

Spurs were a very good test for him and he has the direct qualities to hurt teams if he's playing a little wider as he's very skilled on either foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.