5.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

el3mel

Glad he got his goal. Hopefully more confidence now. Definitely should be getting more minutes on the right than Lingard and Mata who we tested for billionth of times and both didn't work.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Classy player, happy he finally got his goal. Natural goalscorer.

R'hllor

Dont even fecking dare to throw "aint ready" bullshit just due his age, give me to watch him any day of the week for United than some seniors.

SteveW

Off the mark. Played a beautiful cross field ball to send James away at one stage also.

deafepl

I think it'll be James Rashford Greenwood against Chelsea. Chelsea's fullback is too slow, they'll be ripped apart by pace and movement.

Mr. Meeseeks

Timed that run to perfection. He stayed in the defender's blind spot and then ran into the space at the perfect moment. Natural, instinctive. There will be goals from him this season.

Icemav

I think people are pinning a bit too much on him this season. Very happy he got his goal today. This season should give him some fantastic experience but he will probably not feature too regularly.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Timed that run to perfection. He stayed in the defender's blind spot and then ran into the space at the perfect moment. Natural, instinctive. There will be goals from him this season.
Yeah, it was nice to see one of our forwards doing that. We need more of that. Really hopeful he can keep developing.

pascell

I think it'll be James Rashford Greenwood against Chelsea. Chelsea's fullback is too slow, they'll be ripped apart by pace and movement.
I second this, that's how I think we'll start vs Chelsea, will be exciting to watch those 3 counter at defences when fully sharp and fit.

Good goal. Slices the ball too often though.
Could be down to the pitch, we played on that same pitch on Saturday and it was rough as toast Saturday, never mind today. Also, he's probably getting too excited when getting the chances, after the goal today he'll settle down.

What a cross from AWB. Good finishing too
Yep, great movement from AWB and Greenwood. Also a very nice pass from Pogba, nicely worked goal all round.

AP88

Supports
Man City
Good goal. Slices the ball too often though.
Said a while back that he needs to work on his kicking technique - it’s the only real weakness he has; it’s been exposed since he’s stepped up to the first team. Underhit passes, dodgy finishing - he really needs to start drilling the basics regularly, because the rest of his game is potentially elite.

Art Vandelay

Said a while back that he needs to work on his kicking technique - it’s the only real weakness he has; it’s been exposed since he’s stepped up to the first team. Underhit passes, dodgy finishing - he really needs to start drilling the basics regularly, because the rest of his game is potentially elite.
I've thought that too, but put it down to simply being nerves. He's only 17 though so I suppose he's going to be fairly raw in a lot of things that will eventually get ironed out. I hope he gets game time, but also time to learn and grow into the first team rather than people expecting the RW saviour.

meamth

It's a terrible feeling for defenders when defending against him.

After his stepovers, you can never predict which way he will go. Left or right? Doesn't matter, he can smash it low corner either way.

Exciting times ahead.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
It's a terrible feeling for defenders when defending against him.

After his stepovers, you can never predict which way he will go. Left or right? Doesn't matter, he can smash it low corner either way.

Exciting times ahead.
Also love how quick he is to get a shot off with either foot after making the move. Far too often attackers hesitate for the perfect opening and the chance goes. Having the ability to get a shot off quickly is huge.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
More and more impressing. If he can sustain that level of football and general improvement against stronger teams on the tour, then perhaps he could be some sort of weapon against Chelsea.

He's actually one of the few players in this team that adds element of surpirise, kind a thing that Ole did in his football player days. :drool:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
His technique is fine, he's just rushing it slightly where he isn't relaxed yet.

You don't score the goals he scores in the reserves and the suddenly forget how to kick a ball cleanly.

passing-wind

We shouldn't thrust Greenwood wide simply because the positions available. We did all the same with Martial / Rashford. But in my opinion Martial's best season was under LVG where similar to Henry he played centrally but drifted wide often, the stupidity of LVG to persistently use Rooney was a big issue.

I actually think that next season with regular playing time Grewnwood would eclipse Rashford. Notice the connotations in words that Solskjaer has used describing both mentioning Greenwood as a natural finisher / striker and that Ole has persistently stated that Rashford needs to score an array of goals, work on his instincts in front of the posts. Those statements in itself describe the difference in the influence both players have, Greenwood if he develops will 100% outscore Rashford, it will take a miracle for Marcus to become a consistent goal threat.

Thiagoal

I would say he’s one of the most technically gifted footballers I’ve ever seen at youth level so no worries there!

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Another comparison to RvP but can see a similar development, starting off wide, occasionally playing top but eventually moving up top.
Only thing is that RvP physically was a bit of beast in his later years, using body strength and close control to shield the ball. Greenwood will likely still grow and bulk up so who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.