Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oga on top.

Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool fan complimenting our academy player :eek::eek:
Mate this kid is seriously special, like it doesn’t even matter he’s a United academy player he’s top class. We have Rhian Brewster who I have seen quite a lot of and who I rate but Greenwood is just something special. Left foot bang, right foot bang, header bang.... top class player already and he should have been given chances last season instead of that sumo wrestler.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
The excitement of a young ronaldo. You are always expecting an attempt at goal whenever he gets the ball in the final third. Top top player

deafepl

Why people are comparing Mason Greenwood to Salah type? Greenwood is nothing like Salah. They are not the same thing.

meamth

Yep, I love how 2 footed he is, that 2 footed shuffle dribble through 2 defenders out wide was superb too, he is going to be a great asset and offer penetration when teams have 10 men behind the ball.
It's called La Croqueta, made famous by Andres Iniesta.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Why people are comparing Mason Greenwood to Salah type? Greenwood is nothing like Salah. They are not the same thing.
I think he’s more Salah type than van persie. A more flexible in position, with speed to match up. I’ve enevr thought RVp as speedy.

Kweku Amonoo

Mason is just one of the special talents we have coming through. They need game time now. And Ole should deliberately create space for them in the team (sell the deadwood). Mason, Gomes, Garner, Chong, even Levitt and Laird. These boys can go right to the top, if we manage them well and give them playing time.

FromTheBench

He's gonna be class once he gets hang of senior football.

His game is just so well rounded.

kirk buttercup

The key with all these Academy players is us. We cant have unrealistic expectations, they need to be brought in and out of the team over the year . As fate has it and where we currently sit the expectations of winning leagues is not as high as a few years ago . We need to let them make mistakes have Performances that dont blow us away and let them Flourish . Who knows this could be the Class of 19 /20 . Good luck to them all I'm way more excited about our youth than any rumoured signing.

lysglimt

Scout
He’s the only united player I really like. Think this kid is more than special. He’s the type I wouldn’t be surprised if he got a good 20 goals next year, age ain’t nothing but a number.
He is the best finished I have ever seen at this age at United - only Macheda was close. But unlike Macheda, he offers a lot more. So I think you are right - he will be a top, top goalscorer

Dolf

I think he’s more Salah type than van persie. A more flexible in position, with speed to match up. I’ve enevr thought RVp as speedy.
Really? Don’t see it myself, Van Persie couldn’t catch a pig in a passage his legs were so bandy.
RvP was a different kind of player in his younger days than he was at United if you ask me.

CM

I enjoyed the nutmeg on the Perth player after the slip. It looked a complete accident at the time but the more I watch it back the more it looks like he meant it. There's a definite swagger about the way he moves with the ball.

BiggusCrickus

Will be fine. He just needs a goal to settle himself down. Looks the best prospect out of the lot. Chong is the one i think wont make it

M Bison

Supports
York City
He doesn’t look like a 17 year old kid who is being given a run out to see if he’s any good, he looks like he’s been around for a while - a bit like when Rooney burst into the scene with Everton, didn’t look out of place at all.

Very excited to see how he does!

Toni's Left Foot

If Greenwood isn't a star within the next couple of years I may as well stop watching football as I am clueless.

Oga on top.

Supports
Liverpool
He is the best finished I have ever seen at this age at United - only Macheda was close. But unlike Macheda, he offers a lot more. So I think you are right - he will be a top, top goalscorer
Feckin Macheda! Haunts me ten years later, eugh :(. This kid is something else though, a loan might be the best option first but if Klopp is ready to give Brewster game time this season l don’t see why Greenwood can’t go straight into the first team squad.

macheda14

Feckin Macheda! Haunts me ten years later, eugh :(. This kid is something else though, a loan might be the best option first but if Klopp is ready to give Brewster game time this season l don’t see why Greenwood can’t go straight into the first team squad.
You shut your dirty mouth Macheda was the best player to ever wear the shirt.

Drainy

No chance he goes on loan!

Oga on top.

Supports
Liverpool
No chance he goes on loan!
He shouldn’t either, he’s ready for first team action at United and I think he should be starting. Rivalries aside we all want to see entertainment when watching footy and this kid provides it + end product. I think that Perth game has opened eyes for a lot of people.

@macheda14 sorry mate :lol:

lysglimt

Scout
He wont go on loan - not with us getting matches in Europa League - he will lots of gametime there

w1thout

James and him should battle it out for the RW position. Up for grabs.
Was really impressed with the lad.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Performance aside, why does he keep snatching at chances?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Performance aside, why does he keep snatching at chances?
Hes played like 2 games, is 17 years old with loads of expectations on his shoulders, has hit the woodwork a couple of times... Not anything more than that? Once he gets the first, he'll be fine. Not exactly a surprise to see a 17 year old make his debut but be a bit nervy in front of goal and anxious to get his first goal. His entire game is brilliant and gets in scoring positions all the time, so it'll come.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Really? Don’t see it myself, Van Persie couldn’t catch a pig in a passage his legs were so bandy.
Van Persie had loads of pace in his younger days. Was always very agile too. Greenwood doesn't have Rashford level pace, but definitely loads of similarities to Van Persie.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
It will be flood gates from the moment he scores his first goal. Think of all the 'almost' goals he had in the 2 games he's played for the first team. It's absolutely absurd how good he will be

Bondi77

Huge hopes for the lad, most natural footballer I have seen at Utd since Ravel.

Status
Not open for further replies.