5.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

HowYouDoin

I prefer him starting over James and then subbing in James later in th game for whoever is struggling from the front 3.

e.cantona

Mummy, mummy, diamonds, I want them too
Looks a star in the making. So calm. Should start every game possible

He is looking like a real talent. To hell with sending him out on loan like some people suggest. He has versatility and he’ll get chances. If he finishes with 15 goals in all comps this season thats an excellent season.
anyone who said Greenwood should be sent out on loan should take a break from watching football for 12 months!

Is being very well managed by OGS. Good to see James taken out of the team as he’s hit an (expected) slump.

great to see him taking his chances when he comes into the team. Very exciting prospect.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
As big a talent to come through the ranks for 25 years. Exciting to see what he becomes.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Nice to know we have 2/3 of our front 3 wrapped up for the foreseeable future, both with academy products. James will also be a good long term squad player IMO and Martial at least will be a squad player long term (starter as it is though).

Really just need to improve the midfield (and the coaching).

el3mel

Most exciting talent we have had in ages. Can't wait to see how he'll develop over the course of the years.

Bwuk

8 goals and he’s only started 9 times.

The real deal. Happy to have him as a starter for the foreseeable.

Thiagoal

Really weird how all our players seem to ignore him when he’s in great positions! If Andreas had rolled him in then he’d definitely have at two goals today!

Rolaholic

Was ecstatic to see a young Manc break through the ranks in Rashford under LvG a few years ago, to think that we had arguably an even better prospect waiting in the wings for his turn is beautiful.

He's looking like a more well rounded and naturally gifted prospect than Rash and Rash was pretty damn good coming through the academy.

Greenwood has been tearing up the youth levels for over a year now and is really making the most of his chances in the senior team.

Truly mad to think he's turned 18 not that long ago with such a polished game,even RVP himself confirmed and complimented the similarities in their games

In Rainbows

Kinda hoping he keeps getting opertunities as I do just feel like at times he’s really not all that involved in games. Like Martial and Rashford are normally always there getting or making something or just being a nuisance. Greenwood feels a little like he’s on the outskirts of the game but man when he decides to get involved it’s normally a goal.
cant wait to see him start to become a bit more comfortable in the first team and linking up with the other forwards.
Just let him keep getting his confidence up. I think the fact that he's not doing that is a good sign. It means that when his confidence goes up, he'll be even better because he has a great weight of pass when giving a through ball, and he'll surprise defenders that don't know he can carry the ball well. He's still just barely 18 years old, so his body will catch up and so to can his overall game.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Should still be rotated in and out and used as an impact sub occasionally. Important not to burn him out this year. Next year he'll be more ready to play consistently IMO, but this year even his talent is obvious.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Really weird how all our players seem to ignore him when he’s in great positions! If Andreas had rolled him in then he’d definitely have at two goals today!
Andreas does that to every one. He lacks vision and can't spot even the shortest passes when someone is in a good position. He only rushes and shoot.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Should still be rotated in and out and used as an impact sub occasionally. Important not to burn him out this year. Next year he'll be more ready to play consistently IMO, but this year even his talent is obvious.
Disagree! Play him!

Should be looking to play him for 60 mins every game possible. If he's on the bench give him 30 mins.

Who's with me here?

He'sRaldo

It would be so funny if after all these years, the solution to the right wing came from the academy, because the club just couldn't be bothered to sort it out.

Moiraine

He is a good finisher but will not be overhyped or over praise him. He has to add so much to his game, put his head down and work hard. Only then he could accomplish what Januzaj and Ravel Morrison couldn’t.

I hope there is someone who is able to get into his head.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
He is a good finisher but will not be overhyped or over praise him. He has to add so much to his game, put his head down and work hard. Only then he could accomplish what Januzaj and Ravel Morrison couldn’t.

I hope there is someone who is able to get into his head.
I think he shows a lot more maturity than both those players.

He needs a new chant though. Not a big fan of the current one.

MrBest

At 18 and a few months i was in the local pub with a pint of lager and a packet of crisp. This guy is smashing goals in for fun, scoring against grown men and looking comfortable. There really are not many kids out there with the talent he clearly has. I am so glad Ole picked him today, it was needed. Ole may be many things but I think he has managed this kid well innthe last few months. Just if he had done the same with Gomes (or if Gomes had put in the same effort as Greenwood).

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
I took great pleasure in the small things in his game today that other more experienced members of the playing squad struggle with every week. His body positioning in receiving and protecting the ball, the speed within which he releases the ball and his general movement is already amongst the best in the squad for me.

RUCK4444

The kid is so well balanced, as has been mentioned his style is uncannily similar to RVP. He throws his hands out to the sides while making adjustments to perfectly set himself for the shot, he creates space for the shot excellently as well.

Ole is managing his game time to perfection imo. Involved enough to keep his momentum but not too much to avoid burnout.

I pray this kid stays injury free and stays grounded on this same trajectory.

Utdstar01

How long until the real hype kicks in and some are saying take him to the euros?

laughtersassassin

How long until the real hype kicks in and some are saying take him to the euros?
Well he is the best teenager in world football bar Sancho on form. Most goals other than Sancho so the hype should be all out.

Outperforming Jao Felix after his 120mil transfer.

As long as he keeps scoring at a similar rate to what he is he should probably go to the euros.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He's an example to all youngsters looking to break through, he's becoming an expert on keeping it simple.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I prefer him starting over James and then subbing in James later in th game for whoever is struggling from the front 3.
It depends.

James would have been more effective against big team, I would start him over Greenwood against top 6 teams & Leicester. Greenwood is more suitable against the mid table & lesser team especially in Old Trafford game since we are likely to hold more possession and have more shots to score goals.

Milo2035

Well he is the best teenager in world football bar Sancho on form. Most goals other than Sancho so the hype should be all out.

Outperforming Jao Felix after his 120mil transfer.

As long as he keeps scoring at a similar rate to what he is he should probably go to the euros.
I hope you're being sarcastic.

POF

Andreas does that to every one. He lacks vision and can't spot even the shortest passes when someone is in a good position. He only rushes and shoot.
I completely agree and it really is infuriating. It's not even the difficult passes but simple through balls to wide open attackers. It's such a shame for him because he has aggression and is a really good technician but his judgement and ability to pick the right pass is really poor.

If United had a player like Eriksen in that role, Rashford, Martial and Greenwood would have far better scoring numbers.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I think it is good comparison with a young Van Persie.
I think we need to ban the phrase ''he reminds me of RVP' or variance of it from the thread. It ain't some new fookin' revelation folks.

The resident ressies folks here have been saying it for a good 2-3 years.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I completely agree and it really is infuriating. It's not even the difficult passes but simple through balls to wide open attackers. It's such a shame for him because he has aggression and is a really good technician but his judgement and ability to pick the right pass is really poor.

If United had a player like Eriksen in that role, Rashford, Martial and Greenwood would have far better scoring numbers.
I think it is a lack composure -- which will be the combo of confidence and experience. He had pretty good 'vision' as in the reserves as a kid.

criticalanalysis

Did very well and was mature with his touches but we need to be careful with the expectations here.

He still needs to be play in a bit-part role because he won't get many games like today where we dominated possession against a team that had no threat and was suprisingly limp.

Against more athletic/physical sides, he will struggle in any of the front three positions and we'd need Jame's presence in those games.

Happy to be proven wrong but I just don't want him to play in games where he and our team would struggle, which won't be conductive for his development and obviously our form.

Tragically Hip

He hits the target and can pick the edges. So often our finishing is lacking and he improves this weakness, so should rotate with James as a starter.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
As outrageous as his talent of finishing is, I'm still blown away by his ball retention and general hold up play for a raw 18-year-old. Brilliant.

arthurka

He will be some forward if things go the way they should.. don't get why we need another 18-19 year old CF

Status
Not open for further replies.