Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

sammyhol

Load of crap this thread…

his usually bang on shooting boots were off today.

why would we want one of our best finishers to second guess his shooting

youmeletsfly

Cant blame him for not squaring it last time
It's a team sport and he's 20. He should pass and not be a fecking wanker like Rashford sometimes is.
He had two opportunities to square the ball, at 2-0 the game would have ended.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
He should have passed atleast 2 times today. He knows the importance of a first goal. Again , this is all down to coaching. Instructions must be, Mason in the box so shoot.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Too greedy today, needs to put his head up a bit more and pick out a pass. I understand wanting to score and keeping your place in the team, but he needs to be more of a team player. Went full tunnel vision at times, not his best today even though he looked lively.

Raven

Clearly talented and probably our most dangerous player on the day, but decision making was indeed to quote @Raven diabolical today. Kept shooting when his teammates were crying out for a pass. Having said that the kid is 19 so should be given a break.

Also perhaps those critical of Sancho could maybe get some perspective since in the same positions Sancho would have opted for the pass
He is young and will get better but he should be dropped next game to teach him that shit isn't on. We're trying to win the league here, that type of performance is unacceptable.

Revan

Assumptionman
Extremely selfish player. He is a great player, but I think he deserves to be dropped totally from the squad for a couple of weeks to teach him that never passing is not okay.

captaincantona

Like I was saying yesterday, he's a world class talent but if you're calling that performance anything but diabolical, you can't have watched the same game.
Diabolical? selfishness I know he was fuking ridiculous...but ask yourself, everyone saw what he was doing all day...you have a completely unselfish 75million replacement on the bench...but you don’t use him? My point is that I would say he was encouraged to do what he was doing because of his ability to find a winner. If not, then it says more about the manager that he left a 19 year old loose cannon on the pitch who didn’t follow instructions to “look for Ronaldo”!

Do you honestly think he wasn’t told to go get a winner? Shoot on sight? Cause if he wasn’t, Ole is more to blame than a 19 year old.

Raven

Diabolical? selfishness I know he was fuking ridiculous...but ask yourself, everyone saw what he was doing all day...you have a completely unselfish 75million replacement on the bench...but you don’t use him? My point is that I would say he was encouraged to do what he was doing because of his ability to find a winner. If not, then it says more about the manager that he left a 19 year old loose cannon on the pitch who didn’t follow instructions to “look for Ronaldo”!

Do you honestly think he wasn’t told to go get a winner? Shoot on sight? Cause if he wasn’t, Ole is more to blame than a 19 year old.
He was diabolical, actively prevented us from winning the game. Given that we had to make 2 injury subs, we had no choice but to keep him on unfortunately because Scott was arguably worse and far less likely to nick us a goal.

w1thout

I really hoped that Ronaldo's arrival will force him to improve his decision making. Not the case thus far...
You can see his talent, but boy he's been way too greedy today. Should have been subbed off. First time when he could've squared it to Bruno, ok that was atrocious, but sh*t happens. If he doesn't learn from that and persistently refuses to pass the ball, that's on the manager for not taking him off.

roseguy64

He should have been taken off but we had to make two injury subs. The better option with the last sub was always to take off one of the mids and put Pogba there.

OL29

Was overly selfish today, but looking at the positives, he looks so much more threatening every time he gets the ball these days, his dribbling and ball carrying has gone up a notch, he just needs to play with his head up more often.

Idxomer

The most important player in Ole's team, the same as Rashford.

Guys who can run with and without the ball really fast and are decent finishers, he doesn't give a shit though about improving their decision-making.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Quite disappointed with his decision making today. He is playing for himself at times but not for the team.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It's a team sport and he's 20. He should pass and not be a fecking wanker like Rashford sometimes is.
He had two opportunities to square the ball, at 2-0 the game would have ended.
When he's in on goal he doesn't have to pass. Sometimes passes can also be overhit. Good goalscorers often back themselves to finish more than they do play some perfectly weighted pass. Which one should he have passed on? I think there was one clear cut one he should have passed on but let's overdo it, Ronaldo had a much easier pass to him in the last game.

He was our only threat out of the front three so there's that. If the other two had showed up in a similar fashion we may have won.

amolbhatia50k

He may have put a shift in but he needs to learn when to make the pass and when not to shoot.
Every young player has room for development in that regard, let alone someone who is genuinely a gifted finisher. You think Mbappe will keep passing it to teammates instead of backing himself? He will get better in this regard but it's not like Bruno or Ronaldo don't have those selfish single minded days. One should avoid it, but it happens especially when you're young.

And like that poster said, at least he was a threat.

GMoore23

I don't think he's a selfish player, not in Rashfords league in that department.
He's simply a kid feeling immense pressure to impress with an all time great banging them in next to him.

Devil may care

He's beating fullbacks for fun right now but just like Lingard the other night he went for glory too often today.

vanrooney

i love him and he was one of the best out there today but he needs to learn that sometimes a pass is better than to shoot

Idxomer

Every young player has room for development in that regard, let alone someone who is genuinely a gifted finisher. You think Mbappe will keep passing it to teammates instead of backing himself? He will get better in this regard but it's not like Bruno or Ronaldo don't have those selfish single minded days. One should avoid it, but it happens especially when you're young.

And like that poster said, at least he was a threat.
But that's not a good trait in Mbappe either, passing to the better option should be prioritized and ingrained in all of our young forwards.

amolbhatia50k

But that's not a good trait in Mbappe either, passing to the better option should be prioritized and ingrained in all of our young forwards.
Firstly better option is subjective. How good an angle do you think he had for the winner he scored away at Wolves? Should he have passed? Which moments do you think he had a terrific option to pass, today? I'm sure there were one or two but you're acting as though he missed simple passes when the shot eas difficult.

Secondly, how unselfish /non pro activite a player is depends on his own finishing ability to too. Where the pass is easily the better choice, sure. But when An obvious pass isn't, a top young finisher will go for goal.

I do think he was a bit too selfish today but I don't think there's a big problem that needs resolving and I think it's being overplayed. And again, I reiterate, at least he turned up.

Eriku

The most important player in Ole's team, the same as Rashford.

Guys who can run with and without the ball really fast and are decent finishers, he doesn't give a shit though about improving their decision-making.
And you know this how? Ridiculous claim.

Idxomer

Firstly better option is subjective. How good an angle do you think he had for the winner he scored away at Wolves? Should he have passed? Which moments do you think he had a terrific option to pass, today? I'm sure there were one or two but you're acting as though he missed simple passes when the shot eas difficult.

Secondly, how unselfish /non pro activite a player is depends on his own finishing ability to too. Where the pass is easily the better choice, sure. But when An obvious pass isn't, a top young finisher will go for goal.

I do think he was a bit too selfish today but I don't think there's a big problem that needs resolving and I think it's being overplayed. And again, I reiterate, at least he turned up.
I remember an obvious pass to Bruno in the 1st half which would've resulted in an easy tap-in.

The problem isn't his alone, he had 4 shots blocked, Bruno and Ronaldo each 3. Some of those were as brainless as you could see from a supposedly top team and players. We had 28 shots and only 4 of them were on target, it's a big problem.

Last edited:

Idxomer

And you know this how? Ridiculous claim.
Let me rephrase, I haven't seen much improvement in the players' decision making the last 3 years.

Rashford was incredibly frustrating for the last year and I'm seeing a similar pattern emerging with Greenwood and let's not talk about the likes of James.

Vaibhav Raj

I wouldn't fault him for being as selfish as he was today. It feels like classic OGS instruction for him just shoot whenever he gets a chance to do so. Football is a simple game, eh? In Greenwood's defence, he has scored some goals out of absolutely nowhere but that is not going to happen every game.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
He started the game really well, yes he was a bit selfish but they were moments that you can't really blame him. He did start to overdo as the game wore on though.
I agree.
Also you'd bet on him to score that chance in the first half 9/10 times. He was unlucky but the least of our problems today.

M Bison

Supports
York City
He may have put a shift in but he needs to learn when to make the pass and when not to shoot.
Aside from the one where he could have laid it square to Bruno, i dont think there were any others he got wrong. Even that one, i cant imagine any striker not taking the shot on.

skc_18

Same as last year. In many instances did not pass to Rashford or Martial. Since he is young and scores wonder goals it goes under radar. He has to understand that he becomes too predictable if does not pass when team-mates are in better position. Hopefully he will get that by experience.

But he is not the problem and he is still undroppable for me. He has been very good this season.

flappyjay

Aside from the one where he could have laid it square to Bruno, i dont think there were any others he got wrong. Even that one, i cant imagine any striker not taking the shot on.
The Bruno one he was justified to take any striker worth his salt would. The other time where he kept forcing shooting chances as his team mates waited for a pass were frustrating. There was also when he made a great run with the ball on the counter, I think Ronaldo and Bruno were either side of him but he decided to go for glory

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Legend says he's still trying to hit the target after full time.
Just sub him off, he can't control or shoot anything today, giving him 90 minutes trying to prove otherwise is idiotic.
He was a best player ffs. God this forum absolutely hates effort.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
He was a best player ffs. God this forum absolutely hates effort.
He couldn't control a ball, nor time his run to meet a through ball, nor hit the target with any good shot.
Come off it, yeah he was trying, but it wasn't working, get someone else on who can also try, or is it only him that tries in this team?

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
He wasn't our best player today, he was crap.
I mean he was quite literally better than the other 10 players so if that’s crap then what were the others. You are having a shocker in here.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
By far our man of the match. Quite easily the most talented and dangerous footballer on the pitch today.

He's an absolute cold psychopath out there. Never gives up. Keeps defenders on the back foot

Status
Not open for further replies.