Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
His lack of contribution in defence is a huge issue. We can't have two players not doing defence work.

He had a decent game but had horrible final ball. All those dribbles looks nice but if you can't find that final ball then it all goes to waste. Usually his shooting is always on point so it is just one off in that case.

gza the genius

Should've passed a few times, obviously, but he was also the only attacker who did anything of note so it's hard to be too mad at him. He just had an off day with his shooting for once, it happens.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Frustrating performance today. How different every thing could have been if he squared early to Bruno and we went 1-0 up. That said he played okay. C grade.

Raven

I mean he was quite literally better than the other 10 players so if that’s crap then what were the others. You are having a shocker in here.
Fred and De Gea were comfortably better. I actually had Greenwood tied with McT as our worst player.

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
Did some really good dribbling. Sadly its not enough. Shouldve pass the ball a couple of times, and also his shooting wasn't good at all. Wasn't our worst performer at all

Esquire

Did some really good dribbling. Sadly its not enough. Shouldve pass the ball a couple of times, and also his shooting wasn't good at all. Wasn't our worst performer at all
He is young and still learning but he must learn when to shoot and when to pass. He was very selfish and could have set up both Bruno and Ronny. What is clear is that OGS won’t admonish Mason when OGS was clearly waiting for that moment of magic from Mason. But that’s where coaching comes in and Mason really needs to be taught to progress through options better.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Legend says he's still trying to hit the target after full time.
Just sub him off, he can't control or shoot anything today, giving him 90 minutes trying to prove otherwise is idiotic.
And legend says Ronaldo is still imitating a wooden plank. At least Greenwood was a threat. Taking the one player who out of the front three who was a threat would be a brainless move.

jem

Ridiculously selfish display. I love Mason but you could just imagine the hair dryer Fergie would've given him for that. He's been great this season, but it might be time to give Sancho a run of games on the right.

Donut

As said he was incredibly selfish today, but it’s also clear that he is a gem. Did he also get a bit taller in the last year?

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Needs to be dropped for the next game, his selfishness is costing us.

owlo

Needs to be dropped for the next game, his selfishness is costing us.
He’s our best player Currently. He needs guidance from the manager and coaching team, not dropped.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Fred and De Gea were comfortably better. I actually had Greenwood tied with McT as our worst player.
De Gea gave them the best chance of the game when he didn’t deal with what should have been a fairly comfortable pass from Maguire. Fred was okay in defence but useless on the ball as normal which is why we couldn’t play out. Pogba was quite easily the worst player on the pitch today closely followed by McTominay. Greenwood calved out all those opportunities with his running, movement and dribbling. On most of them he has very few options and if he managed to score one he would have been heralded a genius. He wasn’t the problem today, in fact if we had 11 players on the pitch with his level of desire and effort we would have run out comfortable winners. Such a weird attitude on here critiquing selfishness when that’s a trait all the top attackers have.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I take he should have passed on that first one to Bruno, but also I’d expect him to score from there so no problems taking in the shot. Anyone else care to say the ones he should have passed and to who? This thread is beyond ridiculous.

Fahad Jawaid

I take he should have passed on that first one to Bruno, but also I’d expect him to score from there so no problems taking in the shot. Anyone else care to say the ones he should have passed and to who? This thread is beyond ridiculous.
There were four other occasions except the one you have mentioned above, two were Bruno through balls one in which he kept getting inside into 3 players and put a shot wide, where the best option was reverse pass to Ronaldo on the right and he was free inside the box with not a single player marking him.

The other where he could have crossed to Ronaldo, but he took the shot himself which was a tame effort straight into the hands of the keeper.

There was also break in the first half where he could have played Pogba in, but opted to shoot, which was deflected for a corner.

And last was post introduction of Cavani, there was an opportunity to put a cross in with both Ronaldo and Cavani in the box, but he dribbled from the wing and had a shot which hit the defender for a corner.

He needs to stop being so selfish and put in crosses with Ronaldo in the box. He is currently playing like a striker on the wing, with first instinct to shoot whenever he gets a chance. Whereas on the other wing we have Pogba who is unable to get past his Full back and kept passing it back, we had no threat from wing play and all our chances actually came from counter attacking against Villa at home which is sad.

L1nk

Didnt watch the match, had to catch the highlights on MOTD, and there are multiple times where he should have passed to players in better positions, absolutely frustrating, very selfish

steffyr2

Didnt watch the match, had to catch the highlights on MOTD, and there are multiple times where he should have passed to players in better positions, absolutely frustrating, very selfish
I'm getting deja vu all over again of Martial when Jose was managing. People were convinced then that Martial was the next great thing....who knows? Maybe he could have been. It just seemed like there was a group to defend his every bad move.
Greenwood maybe could eventually be really good -- that certainly wasn't yesterday. I'm amazed that no one told him to pass, and that he wasn't pulled from the game. What do Ole/coaches do during the game? What do the other players do during the game?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Literally every time he got the ball on the wing and tried to drive in the box and shot from stupid angles right into the defender? Or constantly running back and forth with the ball instead of releasing it on time on counters.

I love Greenwood, but he was garbage and incredibly selfish yesterday.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Ronaldo had similar performances at the same age. Actually many thought Ronaldo would never amount to anything despite his immense talent due to selfishness and poor decision making.

Mason really should have passed to Bruno and had some greedy moments but he again showed how good he is going to be.

He took responsibility and tried making things happen because besides Bruno and AWB every player was clueless and sloppy.

steffyr2

Ronaldo had similar performances at the same age. Actually many thought Ronaldo would never amount to anything despite his immense talent due to selfishness and poor decision making.

Mason really should have passed to Bruno and had some greedy moments but he again showed how good he is going to be.

He took responsibility and tried making things happen because besides Bruno and AWB every player was clueless and sloppy.
i

No it isn't showing how good he's going to be. It's showing how bad he's going to be unless something is done. What difference does it mean what Ronaldo did or didn't do if Greenwood hogs the ball, doesn't score, doesn't pass and the team loses as a result?

Hughie77

The only shinning light, in last 3 games or so, for me he's a starter , the kid is great will need to learn when to be selfish and when to pass it, future looks bright for him .

steffyr2

The only shinning light, in last 3 games or so, for me he's a starter , the kid is great will need to learn when to be selfish and when to pass it, future looks bright for him .
So losing yesterday is fine with you, if it leads to Greenwood ultimately improving?

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

I just think he needs to calm down a bit. I can understand it, if he's trying to show that he can be relied on. Ronaldo is unmovable upfront, Rashford's return is getting close, which means that the LW spot will be occupied for the foreseeable future, and there's also Sancho whose natural position is on the right-wing. Maybe, he's feeling a little stressed about his game-time and he's forcing things in an attempt to prove himself. Just a thought... The kid has bags of talent.

Frank White

So losing yesterday is fine with you, if it leads to Greenwood ultimately improving?
How did you pull that from what he said? He literally said that Greenwood has been good in the last few games and deserving of a starting role but needs to improve when to be selfish and when to not be...... Don't think either statement is unreasonable.

Raven

De Gea gave them the best chance of the game when he didn’t deal with what should have been a fairly comfortable pass from Maguire. Fred was okay in defence but useless on the ball as normal which is why we couldn’t play out. Pogba was quite easily the worst player on the pitch today closely followed by McTominay. Greenwood calved out all those opportunities with his running, movement and dribbling. On most of them he has very few options and if he managed to score one he would have been heralded a genius. He wasn’t the problem today, in fact if we had 11 players on the pitch with his level of desire and effort we would have run out comfortable winners. Such a weird attitude on here critiquing selfishness when that’s a trait all the top attackers have.
Greenwood was responsible for us not scoring yesterday. Scott was responsible for us having feck all control. They're the 2 biggest reasons we lost.

TSE123

Agree! He sticks out as one of the attacking players who “makes things happen” and had some great dribbles (mostly sideways), but a bit too selfish at times.
Needs to work harder in defence, and it really shows that defending starts with the attackers. BUT on the other hand you dont want an attacking player exhausted so he cant do those dribbles and make the runs.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
:lol: No he doesn't. Real Madrid fan furious he didn't set up Ronaldo I'm guessing
:lol:

I guess we'll see that a lot. Many "fans" furious with Bruno and Greenwood for yesterday, I wonder why? I reckon this might be a peak season for newbies yet with Ronaldo coming back.

steffyr2

How did you pull that from what he said? He literally said that Greenwood has been good in the last few games and deserving of a starting role but needs to improve when to be selfish and when to not be...... Don't think either statement is unreasonable.
"Shining light"

steffyr2

What are you smoking. Also can you comprehend a sentence !!
You didn't answer, I notice, about the shining light's effect on yesterday's loss.
He might be great someday, but the mgmt will need to do work to make that happen.

FattyFooty

Extremely selfish player. He is a great player, but I think he deserves to be dropped totally from the squad for a couple of weeks to teach him that never passing is not okay.
SAF would sure do something like that. He would most likely sub him off too. And give some strong advices.

Foxbatt

He is young and still learning but he must learn when to shoot and when to pass. He was very selfish and could have set up both Bruno and Ronny. What is clear is that OGS won’t admonish Mason when OGS was clearly waiting for that moment of magic from Mason. But that’s where coaching comes in and Mason really needs to be taught to progress through options better.
I have been saying this for a long time. His only contribution is his goals but he is not among the best scorers yet so when he does not score he does not contribute to the team. He does not press and he does not pass unless he has no option.

RooneyLegend

Why are people acting like he took a difficult chance by not passing to Bruno? for his level of finishing that's piss easy, he should of scored. The biggest concern from that game is why his radar was off and we saw that last season as well in the first half of the season. Also needs to go for the far post more, that top corner stuff that he rarely does but we all know he can do. By the way what other selfish instance did he have? Maybe i missed something. One time in transition there was no angle for the pass to Pogba, another time he was running more towards the side line and Ronaldo was on his right with multiple defenders around, that wasn't gonna happen, what are people all in arms about?

At this point he's pretty much our best player because he's the one that doesn't need to be spoon fed to make a difference and at his best he's lethal in front of goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.