Mason Greenwood | 2023/24 Performances | on loan to Getafe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Anthony comparisons are insulting. Greenwood is a much better player than Anthony...he is even better than Hojlund and I like hojlund. Greenwood is a top tier footballer...can pass, can shoot, can dribble, can link up, great movement etc. A player like him will cost in the region of 150m. He will end up at barca or madrid if he just keeps his head down and plays. After Harry Kane grows old... England fans will want him back
I hope he never wants to play for them again.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
You mute that by drive positive media around him. Fight fire by fire. Didn’t the Getafe ceo or someone higher up said that as the case has been clear for him by the police , he’s free to play and just shut down everyone. That’s a start. There was some dissent against him when he first arrived but slowly that has dried down.
I agree that the noise hefe would be more but if the team and management and our media can help positively fight that, it would eventually die down. Other players like Partey and all are playing.
Yeah feck that. It’s literally enabling abusers. If I heard audio of one of my co-workers abusing their partner, and the company wanted me to go out and say something positive about them, I’d tell them where to go.

If Arsenal want to play Partey that’s on them. How desperate for a goal are you that you would support him?
Reminder that this is the Performance thread for football discussion only - there is another thread in the MU Forum if you want to discuss this kind of thing

Strelok

Antony is certainly not a Baller :lol: I don't think Antony is a travesty but he's more top 10 winger level as opposed to upper table. He has his uses and some attributes but against tougher opposition he's easily managed out the game with a little intensity and physicality.
Nah he's a baller mate. Not today of course though. His problems are he is too one footed, not fast enough and has a weak shot. And probably confidence atm.

Red_toad

Antony is certainly not a Baller :lol: I don't think Antony is a travesty but he's more top 10 winger level as opposed to upper table. He has his uses and some attributes but against tougher opposition he's easily managed out the game with a little intensity and physicality.
He loses the plot when his opponent is physically imposing on him, surprised Ten Hag didn't pick up on that flaw in his character. Greenwood is so far ahead of him with his mentality on the pitch.

Redstain

He loses the plot when his opponent is physically imposing on him, surprised Ten Hag didn't pick up on that flaw in his character. Greenwood is so far ahead of him with his mentality on the pitch.
Honestly it's very bad. Antony 1 on 1 easy just give him just a few yards to burst forward, level with him before he gets traction to pick up pace , shoulder to shoulder and you've regained possession. He lacks intelligence with his movement.

One thing I'll give Saka credit for is he plays with a similar motion to Robben. Whereby he's never square with the defender but runs almost with half his body shielding the ball when cutting in and then if he's one on one he'll shift the opponents body position to always be at a disadvantage. They do it so well that even when you know they're going, there's not really an angle to tackle without the foul. It's intelligence.

Yorke to Cole

Very likely. He and Endrick as Real Madrid strikers for a decade....
That would be an example of United being negligent once again. Shooting themselves in the foot because they did not know how to conclude the process,(Richard Arnold) pressure from a s#!t stirring online publication, a threat from a third rate TV personality and a debate on current affairs program that is hemorrhaging viewers by the week and is likely to be axed.

More importantly, Greenwood’s will continue to gradually improve once his conditioning becomes stronger. As, I said, I think people will see his form enhance after January. The Spanish winter break will also allow him to individually work on that and he will become even stronger. The goal that was ruled out for offside showed a crisp finish and a natural instinct for positive forward play.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
That would be an example of United being negligent once again. Shooting themselves in the foot because they did not know how to conclude the process,(Richard Arnold) pressure from a s#!t stirring online publication, a threat from a third rate TV personality and a debate on current affairs program that is hemorrhaging viewers by the week and is likely to be axed.

More importantly, Greenwood’s will continue to gradually improve once his conditioning becomes stronger. As, I said, I think people will see his form enhance after January. The Spanish winter break will also allow him to individually work on that and he will become even stronger. The goal that was ruled out for offside showed a crisp finish and a natural instinct for positive forward play.
I'm looking forward to it. We caved into PC politics. Let us pay fof it

RVN1991

Anthony comparisons are insulting. Greenwood is a much better player than Anthony...he is even better than Hojlund and I like hojlund. Greenwood is a top tier footballer...can pass, can shoot, can dribble, can link up, great movement etc. A player like him will cost in the region of 150m. He will end up at barca or madrid if he just keeps his head down and plays. After Harry Kane grows old... England fans will want him back
150M? Pfft, easily worth 150 billion at least. His last season at United and the current form he's showing at Getafe is a testament to that, he's like a mix of 1962 Pele and 2011 Leo Messi. Quite clearly the best young player in Europe.

Erics_Collar

With an assist tonight, he now has more goal contributions than all of Rashford, Hojlund, Martial, Antony, Sancho and Garnacho COMBINED this season.

RVN1991

With an assist tonight, he now has more goal contributions than all of Rashford, Hojlund, Martial, Antony, Sancho and Garnacho COMBINED this season.
Hearing Madrid released that statement on Mbappe because they're planning on signing our star boy instead.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
He is starting every game and he was only subbed off in the 86th minute despite his team playing with 10 men for the entire 2nd half.
So while he is not really producing anything special at least they trust him to start every game and play (almost) until the end.

Bwuk

Hojlund & Greenwood would make a great partnership.

flameinthesun

He is starting every game and he was only subbed off in the 86th minute despite his team playing with 10 men for the entire 2nd half.
So while he is not really producing anything special at least they trust him to start every game and play (almost) until the end.
I actually think he's showing maturity in his game, a lot of the time he is the main creator, he's their set piece taker and is now scoring some goals.Yeah the football Getafe play is not really conducive to seeing him get into loads of attacking opportunities, but he seems to be rising to the challenge of being their main creative outlet. He still has that kind of shy demeanour on the pitch that he has always had. Would like him to develop a bit more fire because he has the technical ability to run games. Hopefully as his confidnece and fitness rises so does his grip on games.

flameinthesun

Hojlund & Greenwood would make a great partnership.
It would be interesting although whilst I don't think we'd play a 4 4 2, you could see Hojlund and Greenwood working the way Haaland and Alvarez work with Greenwood in the Alvarez role. Hopefully there is a way for him back into the squad as I think Ten Hag would love a player with his ability.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
I think they remove a lot of his attributes as they play him on the left of a 4-4-2 with far less attacking freedom than our wingers are allowed.

Hammondo

Well, he will. If he fulfils his potential, he will be called up, and won't say no. He's as talented as Bellingham and the both of them could produce some amazing moments for us.
What are you basing this on that he's as talented as Bellingham?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Well, he will. If he fulfils his potential, he will be called up, and won't say no. He's as talented as Bellingham and the both of them could produce some amazing moments for us.
He's got an awfully long career left so he very well might, but it certainly won't be under Southgate.

flameinthesun

He's got an awfully long career left so he very well might, but it certainly won't be under Southgate.
Yeah definitely agree that under Southgate he won't get a call up. Although talk of that is a longggg way away. He's doing about as well as can be expected, just has to keep his head down. One thing I am certain of and might be a risky call......but I reckon in a couple seasons he will be one of the best strikers in the world. The finishing talent is just ridiculous, once he gets into a team where he is getting loads or chances it will be pretty much a wrap.

Yagami

Good post resistant
What are you basing this on that he's as talented as Bellingham?
Me eyes
Definitely not under Southgate, no. After him, I think so if Mason doesn't mess things up for himself again. He's one of the most talented players we've ever produced, and getting him alongside Bellingham, Foden, Saka, Rashford, etc, would be too hard to resist for most managers. Especially when Kane calls it a day.

Strelok

Just watch the highlights of their last match. Their strikers are awful and their playmakers/wingers must be even worse otherwise they would have been using him as a striker.

Anyway he did a pretty nice move by 4:15 and got a good assist. Looked the best player out there but imo he doesn't look as fast as before.

Hammondo

Me eyes

Definitely not under Southgate, no. After him, I think so if Mason doesn't mess things up for himself again. He's one of the most talented players we've ever produced, and getting him alongside Bellingham, Foden, Saka, Rashford, etc, would be too hard to resist for most managers. Especially when Kane calls it a day.
And what exactly did your eyes see? What match has he played thats close to Bellingham, or what moments, or what aspects of his game?

Yagami

Good post resistant
And what exactly did your eyes see? What match has he played thats close to Bellingham, or what moments, or what aspects of his game?
You really don't see it?

You don't see how effective he is on either foot. How he's a goal threat from any position. How he can leave an opposition player dead with a turn. How he can keep and shield the ball under pressure. How he can dribble and carry the ball. How he can get a lot out of his teammates with the ability to interchange due to his attributes allowing him to be effective everywhere on the pitch. How, due to his attributes, he helps his team pin the opposition back to due to either nice one-touch interplays or, again, the ability to keep it alone in tight spaces. Finding a player with all of these attributes is one thing, but, at the time, a teenager who was showing all these attributes at a high level relatively consistently is a whole other kettle of fish.

In my opinion, outside of that 4 game mini run in van Gaal's first season, our best football post Fergie came from that period of having Rashford, Martial and Greenwood together, and he was a HUGE reason why. That isn't as big a deal to most compared to Bellingham, but context is key. Greenwood, before leaving, was playing in a team that was basically a mess, and had been for a decade. Bellingham was, and is, playing in teams that are actually organised.

Hammondo

You really don't see it?

You don't see how effective he is on either foot. How he's a goal threat from any position. How he can leave an opposition player dead with a turn. How he can keep and shield the ball under pressure. How he can dribble and carry the ball. How he can get a lot out of his teammates with the ability to interchange due to his attributes allowing him to be effective everywhere on the pitch. How, due to his attributes, he helps his team pin the opposition back to due to either nice one-touch interplays or, again, the ability to keep it alone in tight spaces. Finding a player with all of these attributes is one thing, but, at the time, a teenager who was showing all these attributes at a high level relatively consistently is a whole other kettle of fish.

In my opinion, outside of that 4 game mini run in van Gaal's first season, our best football post Fergie came from that period of having Rashford, Martial and Greenwood together, and he was a HUGE reason why. That isn't as big a deal to most compared to Bellingham, but context is key. Greenwood, before leaving, was playing in a team that was basically a mess, and had been for a decade. Bellingham was, and is, playing in teams that are actually organised.
Yes he has a very good shot.

His turn is pretty well, nothing amazing.

He can shield the ball...

Hes not a stand out dribbler.

His link up is pretty good.

Hes pretty good in tight spaces.

The only thing he stands out in at a top level is his finishing. The rest of it are things you see in many players.

Rossa

The only thing he stands out in at a top level is his finishing. The rest of it are things you see in many players.
Well, look at a player like Jackson who has speed, dribbling ability etc etc, but completely lacks composure in front of goal. The ability to score is probably the most sought after attribute in a forward, so...

Besides, he runs very well with the ball, albeit not with the speed of a young Giggs.

Yagami

Good post resistant

Fair enough if you disagree with me on some of the attributes, but, regarding your last point, I have to disagree. I wish these things all rolled into one player were that common because our team in general - and especially in attack - is lacking the majority of them. I think a player having all these attributes - to varying degrees - is pretty impressive. More so when said player is showcasing them as a teenager in a top league for a club that brings immense pressure on its players.

Weird that's many of you are so invested in a player who is never going to play for us again for very obvious reasons.
I don't think it's weird. Greenwood is one of the most talented players we've ever produced, and this is a club that prides itself on developing players. Whether it's for us or just for the player himself to go on to have a good career elsewhere.

Hammondo

Fair enough if you disagree with me on some of the attributes, but, regarding your last point, I have to disagree. I wish these things all rolled into one player were that common because our team in general - and especially in attack - is lacking the majority of them. I think a player having all these attributes - to varying degrees - is pretty impressive. More so when said player is showcasing them as a teenager in a top league for a club that brings immense pressure on its players.

I don't think it's weird. Greenwood is one of the most talented players we've ever produced, and this is a club that prides itself on developing players. Whether it's for us or just for the player himself to go on to have a good career elsewhere.
I do agree one of his big strengths is that he's very balanced, doesn't have a weakness.

Status
Not open for further replies.