g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Mason Greenwood | Please be respectful and stay on topic

Cloud7

:lol:

You would imagine if he comes back things like this will be a weekly fixture in the PL

Edit: Not that I’m totally sure that that was what Bellingham actually said, but you can be sure that every single player in the PL would be saying stuff like this to Greenwood on the field to try to get under his skin

BristolMick

There's a different between not discounting it and making assumptions as to what it means though.
It's been mentioned several times that new evidence could just be new statement from the alleged victim. It doesn't have to change anything to do with that audio.

The CPS take some cases forward without support of a witness yes, but 'many' isn't a word that provides clarification. Do you have any statistics for attempted rape/DV charges without any witnesses?
Potentially ones where the witness submits a new statement that contradicts the initial explanation for the evidence.

The clubs investigation lacks credibility for obvious reasons, and after Crofton reported how they were referring to DV charities internally, I'm not sure we should be deferring to them for our opinions.

Him being caught breaking bail at that time only tells you that he wasn't following what he was ordered to do by the courts. It tells you nothing of any potential interactions between them before she withdrew her support.

Again, I didn't take issue with your overall stance but the idea the audio didn't sound like an attempted rape.
If new evidence means a new statement from the alleged victim then why does the CPS statement say:

"In this case a combination of the withdrawal of key witnesses and new material that came to light meant there was no longer a realistic prospect of conviction."

A combination of withdrawal of key witnesses AND new material. If its been mentioned several times that the new material could be a statement from the alleged victim then it should be highlighted how unlikely that is.

- Alleged victim tried to cancel investigation from April 2022.
- If you're attempting to cancel it then you're withdrawing your statement.
- 2 or more witnesses had withdrew statements by the time case closed. It's more likely alleged was one of these two given point one. Which means there likely wasn't a new statement from her.

I do not know the statistics for how many DV/rape charges there are were witnesses have withdrawn statement. I imagine it's possibly a growing number given coercive control usually goes hand in hand with domestic violence but still relatively low on the whole.

This is the first I've heard about the DV charities. All I could find was an article which said they assumed DV charities would be hostile to his return. Is it something worse than that? He has written a number of articles so I only looked through a few.

That's all just speculation and guess work though about potential interactions. Had there been some the victim or others could have reported it. We don't know who or how contact was initiated either.

We will likely have to agree to disagree over our differences on this. I don't even necessarily disagree as it's an understandable position to take. I just can't assume he's guilty given the information we now have along with the knowledge of other key material which influenced the cps decision being out there.

TsuWave

Doesn't even look like he says that. Social media are just going to get Bellingham in trouble

Edit - actually I've played it a few more times and it does look like it :lol:

NotThatSoph

If new evidence means a new statement from the alleged victim then why does the CPS statement say:

"In this case a combination of the withdrawal of key witnesses and new material that came to light meant there was no longer a realistic prospect of conviction."
Withdrawing and recanting are two different things. You can withdraw as a witness without recanting the statements you've already made. Recanting is new material.

brzez

He played really well today. He could have scored twice on another day. Hit the post aswell. But getting a goal or assist every 158 minutes is okay, especially after the alleged incident and that he has to play with part time carpenters and painters. With 16 more games left, if he stays injury free and starts scoring more, I can see him getting 6-10 more goals and assists by the end of the season. If that happens, the board will have a tough decision to make in the summer. If he returns and things don't work out from the get go, snowflakes and cancel culturers will be out flying.

sepulturite

He played really well today. He could have scored twice on another day. Hit the post aswell. But getting a goal or assist every 158 minutes is okay, especially after the alleged incident and that he has to play with part time carpenters and painters. With 16 more games left, if he stays injury free and starts scoring more, I can see him getting 6-10 more goals and assists by the end of the season. If that happens, the board will have a tough decision to make in the summer. If he returns and things don't work out from the get go, snowflakes and cancel culturers will be out flying.
Oh ffs give it a fecking rest with this shite :rolleyes: :houllier:

TheReligion

Abusive
This thread is like Groundhog Day. No idea how you all have the energy to keep repeating the same things. Both sides of the debate.

RoyH1

And this episode illustrates perfectly why he’ll never play for us again. Regardless of what he did or didn’t do.

I’m not even sure Bellingham said what he’s supposed to have said (and now in the age of AI I’m doubting everything I see), but there’s no doubt that if this will follow Greenwood all his life.

No top manager wants that kind of distraction in his clubhouse. Greenwood will have to stay in southern Europe for quite a stretch of his career.

cafecillos

And the incels will be out celebrating the return of their role model.
Don't quote that shit.

The whole post is an embarrassment. The number of goals necessary for United to have to think about it is now 6, he plays with carpenters, the post-"hitting" shot... :lol:

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Came here for Real Vs Getafe report

Instead get snowflakes Vs incels - embarrassing for all involved

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
:lol:

Good to know the amount of goals required to excuse domestic abusers. 5? Nah. 6-10, welcome home Mason.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Would have thought Bellingham would have heard about what the longer tape etc says from his England colleagues. Still thinks the same though..

redcucumber

Would have thought Bellingham would have heard about what the longer tape etc says from his England colleagues. Still thinks the same though..
Nah. Only the Manchester United board had access to that.
Why would the entirety of the England squad have access to the longer version of the tape? I get we all lean into things to support our pov, but let's be a smidge sensible.

Leftback99

Why would the entirety of the England squad have access to the longer version of the tape? I get we all lean into things to support our pov, but let's be a smidge sensible.
Never said they did. So none of our players know anything about an alternative explanation? They don't talk to Greenwood?

redcucumber

Never said they did. So none of our players know anything about an alternative explanation? They don't talk to Greenwood?
I seriously doubt Bellingham has been in conversation with who? Maguire? Shaw? About details of the case emanating from the board, which seemingly absolutely nobody knows about (outside of those directly involved). Greenwood and his partner have kept absolutely shtum so why would Bellingham have any idea? It's silly.

Leftback99

I seriously doubt Bellingham has been in conversation with who? Maguire? Shaw? About details of the case emanating from the board, which seemingly absolutely nobody knows about (outside of those directly involved). Greenwood and his partner have kept absolutely shtum so why would Bellingham have any idea? It's silly.
So England squad are away for 2 weeks at a time and no one has ever said "so Rashy, any idea what's actually gone on with our ex teammate?".

Sooner he's gone the better.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Daily Mail readers coming out now

if he’s getting called names by England internationals whilst playing in Spain it will be way worse for him playing England and I don’t think he’s got the mental fortitude for handling it. Sell

redcucumber

So England squad are away for 2 weeks at a time and no one has ever said "so Rashy, any idea what's actually gone on with our ex teammate?".

Sooner he's gone the better.
They might do but I doubt Rashford has a clue, which is the point. Like feck has he had access to the longer tape (which I don't really give a shit about, Greenwood needs/needed to atone which probably isn't happening).

Leftback99

They might do but I doubt Rashford has a clue, which is the point. Like feck has he had access to the longer tape (which I don't really give a shit about, Greenwood needs/needed to atone which probably isn't happening).
He has access to Greenwood. You don't believe any of our players ask questions? Doubt any of them want to play with him then.

BarstoolProphet

It started off all super positive then it just got crazy.

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
And this episode illustrates perfectly why he’ll never play for us again. Regardless of what he did or didn’t do.

I’m not even sure Bellingham said what he’s supposed to have said (and now in the age of AI I’m doubting everything I see), but there’s no doubt that if this will follow Greenwood all his life.

No top manager wants that kind of distraction in his clubhouse. Greenwood will have to stay in southern Europe for quite a stretch of his career.
Genuine question - how do you think is it that [Irrelevant point] managed to have a great career with Chelsea, then?