Mason Greenwood | Please be respectful and stay on topic

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Snowflakes? All posters who don't want Greenwood back?
I thought it was obvious that I was talking about the stupid insults being thrown about by the children above - like i said, embarassing for ALL involved those calling 'snowflakes' and those 'incels' all as bad as each other

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Played really well last night for a team clearly outclassed, Getafe's best player and it's clear they all realise it as they constantly look for him to do everything, perhaps too much but wouldn't surprise me if he impressed a few teams with his performance.

Hit the post after dribbling past a player but in answer to an earlier poster, he was definitely wide of a 4-4-2 in position.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
I thought it was obvious that I was talking about the stupid insults being thrown about by the children above - like i said, embarassing for ALL involved those calling 'snowflakes' and those 'incels' all as bad as each other
Agreed, it's rehashing the same thing over and over - It's boring - People stand where they stand, the only thing to actually comment on in this thread that's relevant is his performances as it's new data, the rest will ultimately be decided by the club.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Played really well last night for a team clearly outclassed, Getafe's best player and it's clear they all realise it as they constantly look for him to do everything, perhaps too much but wouldn't surprise me if he impressed a few teams with his performance.

Hit the post after dribbling past a player but in answer to an earlier poster, he was definitely wide of a 4-4-2 in position.
Yeah, I'm hearing good things about his performance. Shame there's none of them vs videos yet of said performance.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Snowflakes? All posters who don't want Greenwood back?
He played really well today. He could have scored twice on another day. Hit the post aswell. But getting a goal or assist every 158 minutes is okay, especially after the alleged incident and that he has to play with part time carpenters and painters. With 16 more games left, if he stays injury free and starts scoring more, I can see him getting 6-10 more goals and assists by the end of the season. If that happens, the board will have a tough decision to make in the summer. If he returns and things don't work out from the get go, snowflakes and cancel culturers will be out flying.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Brzez has left the building. Looking at the various modmin notes he was never getting promoted.

And before anyone jumps up and down. No. Not simply because he wanted Greenwood back.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
He did his cutting in and shooting for the post thing quite a lot but his aim was just a bit off, could have bagged one or two.

His shooting technique is still quite impressive and the force he's capable of generating must be quite terrifying for the opposing defense but he can be quite one dimensional at times.

Needs to work on that.

padzilla

Hipster
Why would the entirety of the England squad have access to the longer version of the tape? I get we all lean into things to support our pov, but let's be a smidge sensible.
Maybe they're giving recordings of it out with caps?

redcucumber

He has access to Greenwood. You don't believe any of our players ask questions? Doubt any of them want to play with him then.
Probably not? He's not been at the club since it happened, and the club will have obviously spoken to the players about keeping a lid on things. Can't imagine it's the kind of thing they'll have been texting him about. I doubt they'll have been texting at all.

saivet

He has access to Greenwood. You don't believe any of our players ask questions? Doubt any of them want to play with him then.
Even before all of this, I don't think Greenwood was a hugely popular figure in the United squad. I'm sure some have asked questions but he probably talks to the players he came up in the youth team with more than a lot of the established first teamers.

What do you think he’s saying?
I think you should just have a read about how horrendously unreliable lip reading is. An incredible amount of words look the same and it’s very easy to put words you want/expect to hear into ones mouth.

He might of said it like, footballers loves talking shit to each other, but I’ll wait and see if he responds in the following days.

Peter van der Gea

Likes Pineapple on well done Steak
I seriously doubt Bellingham has been in conversation with who? Maguire? Shaw? About details of the case emanating from the board, which seemingly absolutely nobody knows about (outside of those directly involved). Greenwood and his partner have kept absolutely shtum so why would Bellingham have any idea? It's silly.
Do you honestly believe that not a single other footballer player has asked him "WTF? "? I coach in a football team network, I spend half my life trying to find out what little WhatsApp are going on.

Whether Greenwood and Bellingham are best mates, mortal enemies or something in between, if Bellingham said that, and I'm no lip reader, without covering his mouth, he's telegraphing his opinion.
So England squad are away for 2 weeks at a time and no one has ever said "so Rashy, any idea what's actually gone on with our ex teammate?".

Sooner he's gone the better.
Daily Mail readers coming out now

if he’s getting called names by England internationals whilst playing in Spain it will be way worse for him playing England and I don’t think he’s got the mental fortitude for handling it. Sell
They might do but I doubt Rashford has a clue, which is the point. Like feck has he had access to the longer tape (which I don't really give a shit about, Greenwood needs/needed to atone which probably isn't happening).
Genuine question - how do you think is it that [Irrelevant point] managed to have a great career with Chelsea, then?
Because Chelsea aren't United. Chelsea are based in zone 2, West London, you could walk to Holborn/Fleet Street in half an hour. Also, he wasn't a local lad with a feck load of local contacts. And, tbf, there aren't any witness statements, recanted or not.
Not saying it’s right but perhaps people see death caused by drunk driving differently from rape/attempted rape?
They are both dickhead moves, but Chelsea aren't Manchester United

See, this is a scout report from someone who likes his football. I don't like his bias, but I can understand it.
Agreed, it's rehashing the same thing over and over - It's boring - People stand where they stand, the only thing to actually comment on in this thread that's relevant is his performances as it's new data, the rest will ultimately be decided by the club.
It's not rehashing old stuff if people are giving us scout reports on his performances, it's when they yearn for him back we have to remind them.
Every snowflake is unique and lovely goddammit
You ain't, you're just @rimaldo with grammar.
He did his cutting in and shooting for the post thing quite a lot but his aim was just a bit off, could have bagged one or two.

His shooting technique is still quite impressive and the force he's capable of generating must be quite terrifying for the opposing defense but he can be quite one dimensional at times.

Needs to work on that.
Fair enough, a sports report. Balanced and focused on the football.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
It went viral last night so it could absolutely be them wanting to get an explanation.
If that is the case they need a new Press/PR department.

If there is any possibility that he didn't say that, then you say nothing or let the public know what was said.

I don't watch the clip and couldn't care less but it seems odd they would complain, even if he did say it.

golden_blunder

Staff
I think you should just have a read about how horrendously unreliable lip reading is. An incredible amount of words look the same and it’s very easy to put words you want/expect to hear into ones mouth.

He might of said it like, footballers loves talking shit to each other, but I’ll wait and see if he responds in the following days.
The fact that Getafe have reported it would suggest it’s what they heard too

Peter van der Gea

Sorry, I'm walking, I think I quoted people without reply, I do have a reply, so I'm happy to debate

BristolMick

Withdrawing and recanting are two different things. You can withdraw as a witness without recanting the statements you've already made. Recanting is new material.
I don't think this changes anything in relation to what I've said.

We've been told, "the alleged victim requested the police to drop their investigation in April 2022". That suggests a withdrawal, not recanting.

The CPS statement then says, "In this case a combination of the withdrawal of key witnesses and new material that came to light meant there was no longer a realistic prospect of conviction."

Reading those two statements. The most plausible explanation, in my opinion, is the alleged victim withdrew hench requesting investigation dropped. This is then referenced by the CPS as one of the winess(es) which withdrew. The new material is then very likely referencing an extended audio (which we know exists) or other evidence.

What alternative explanation are you trying to suggest?

- In April 2022 the alleged victim didn't try to cancel the investigation and Richard Arnold lied about that?
- Instead they recanted their statement.
- There wasn't an extended audio which provided an explanation, Richard Arnold also lied about this.
- When the case was dropped the 2 or more witness withdrawals aren't referring to the alleged victim.
- The "new material" is actually the alleged victim recanting their statement despite trying to cancel the investigation from April 2022.

Plausible? Yeah anything is plausible. It's unlikely though unless you believe Richard Arnold told multiple lies in his public statement. It would also imply many of those involved in the investigation lied to.

If your theory requires multiple individuals to have lied on record then I think you'd agree its probably less likely to have happened compared to other scenarios which don't depend on a fabricated investigation/statement from United and where both CPS/United statements would collaborate one another.

Again, of course what you're saying could be plausible. I just personally think it's much less likely and feels like a bit of a forced explanation with round pegs in square holes. I think we will likely have to agree to disagree on this one as I can't see either of us backing down. I respect your view and admit it could be a plausible explanation, I just think my own presumption is the more likely out of the two at present as it gits with what we've been told so far rather than being dependant on one investigation being filled with lies.

Oldyella

So that's Real off the list of clubs we can sell him too at the end of the season.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

It is, but Spanish media weirdly uses this a LOT for stories and piece on channels like el chiringuito. I'm pretty sure that's where the whole hand over the mouth stuff originates from too.

Hackman2210

Quality control
What an absolute cnut Bellingham is - hope they throw the book at thim. If he's so good - then come back to the prem league and try your luck at this standard. Absolute feckwit and shitehouse of a player. Cruise control in Spain and at International level. Prem league is where the best perform week in week out. Come and have a go if you think you are hard enough. cnut.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
What an absolute cnut Bellingham is - hope they throw the book at thim. If he's so good - then come back to the prem league and try your luck at this standard. Absolute feckwit and shitehouse of a player. Cruise control in Spain and at International level. Prem league is where the best perform week in week out. Come and have a go if you think you are hard enough. cnut.
:lol:

Peter van der Gea

Er, exactly?

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
It's not rehashing old stuff if people are giving us scout reports on his performances, it's when they yearn for him back we have to remind them.
Not sure if you read my post but I made clear I agree that reports on performances are adding value, I regularly provide them as I tend to watch the games, the "Rehash" comment was in regards to his case, there is no new information and it's a back and forth and make the thread noisier than it needs to be, in reality it wouldn't be a very busy thread if we just discussed the performances and left people to think what they already do as I don't think I've seen a single person change their view yet

Peter van der Gea

No idea

I watched the short clip but it probably won't surprise you to hear that I don't like making judgements based on partial info on social media !
But, as we've discussed, not everybody requires the same level of proof as you, so these kind of things affect the book value of a company asset.

golden_blunder

Staff
:lol:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
:lol: Rattled.