Mason Greenwood | Please be respectful and stay on topic

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I half think Richard Arnold leaked the Greenwood reintegration plan to Crafton to gauge the reaction of the fans and general public and then went onto make his decision to move Greenwood away from the club. If so, well played.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
They just said he didn't do what he was accused of? How is that his fault?
Yeah he's totally innocent. Those recordings meant nothing. I don't care what that statement says, if they truly believe he was innocent United would come out a explain why he's innocent in their eyes. If United had evidence in their findings to support their claim, do you not think informing the fans would work on their favour?

MUFC OK

Can see it proving a problem now to shift him. No club in England is going to touch him. Is he going to want a move abroad with a young family?
Even from a footballing perspective it’s the right call. The lads not played in nearly 2 years.
glad we can now draw a line under this one to be honest.
I’m not sure on that. Discussions will be taking place about the possibility at PL clubs right now.

Judas

Open to offers
There should never have been any stupid half-baked club-led enquiry into his guilt in the first place.

Tell Greenwood he brought the club into disrepute so can either go out on a season loan or be sold. All Arnold and co should have done.
This has what’s pissed me off. But if the public backlash hadn’t have been so (rightfully) strong, he’d be coming back.

This club is rotten, but it’s fanbase and those desperate to see this Bloke play for us again, just because he’s better in theory than some of the crap we currently have playing for us is tragic.

Enigma_87

You know who
From day 1 of this happening, I found it a very calculated situation.

I don't believe for one that the girl wanted any police involvement, I believe she was after the court of public opinion to lynch him.

And am assuming here looking at the outcome that she wanted something from it.

She releases the video and audio, it gets picked up by CPS but ends up staying with him and having his baby?

Let's say if the relationship was about to end because it was a violent one, she gets nothing but see what she gets now

I know some people said abusers have babies as a control measure but she seems to have come out OK after it all
You clearly have no idea of domestic abuse and I'd give it a rest if I were you..

RedOrange

C'mon Saudi League. You're time to shine.
I wouldn't be so quick to assume they'll buy him. If he whole point of their national football project is to push their human rights issues out of people's minds, signing this guy is very counterproductive for them.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
This decision is wrong on so many levels.
A young kid, that grew up watching a handful of incompetent managers spunk money at average players like Pogba, Bastian, Lingard and co, has been brought up in that environment and I can bet my house nobody ever has spoken to him about values and important things in life. He goes on and makes a mistake. His wife then forgives him, goes to have a kid with him, but the internet gang, and the innocent nuns of twitter don't give it a break, do they? They have to single him out, and forgiveness or remorse are not things they could ever talk about, could they?

Well fecking done internet justice league. You achieved it. You must be fecking proud with yourselves. I wish you go to hell.
I can not support a club that has such fans. I hope you all go to hell.
More great news - bye!

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
CPS actually said that key witnesses and new information meant there was no longer a 'realistic prospect of conviction'. That doesn't imply he's innocent. To me it is obvious what has happened.
It implies there is evidence that is contrary to what we saw online.
People don't want to believe so because they already made up their mind, but the fact is that's 2 separate sources now that have said there is evidence to the contrary that is not in the public domain.
Still despite this, people will still stick to their guns and pretend they know what went on

erikcred

The decision is correct obviously but I’m not comfortable with how due process has just been ignored seemingly.

Also, there has been many pricks that have played for us. It’s hypocritical.
Why is the decision obviously correct? You say that due process has been ignored. At the same time without that having happened, you also knew what the right decision should have been?

Your last line is correct. People are just being hypocrites here. It's social media pressure. I'm just surprised that a country that let a prime minister get away with so much finally found its courage when it came to this one specific player. It's not even like they're saying this is symptomatic of a wider problem etc. Nope. Just... this guy here, officer, shoot him.

Billy Jim

From day 1 of this happening, I found it a very calculated situation.

I don't believe for one that the girl wanted any police involvement, I believe she was after the court of public opinion to lynch him.

And am assuming here looking at the outcome that she wanted something from it.

She releases the video and audio, it gets picked up by CPS but ends up staying with him and having his baby?

Let's say if the relationship was about to end because it was a violent one, she gets nothing but see what she gets now

I know some people said abusers have babies as a control measure but she seems to have come out OK after it all
Jesus fecking Christ.

mu4c_20le

It could be, from fan pressure, maybe internal pressure too, not sure. Whatever the case, the decision is what it is, and I'm happy with it.
If you followed Adam Crafton's reporting in the last few days, the club was about to announce his return a few weeks ago. He leaked internal documents outlining the entire plan and I'm certain it had a factor in this decision to U-turn.

SambaBoy

It's difficult to understand their statement.

They have banged on about a duty of care towards an individual who has been affiliated with the club since the age of 7. Obviously that reaches a certain point where you can't defend him which you imagine in this case has been reached.

But they come out and defend his actions, ignore the last paragraph and they have basically given the go-ahead for him to return. I still think they will bring him back depending on the scrutiny he receives elsewhere. It's clear that was the main attention two weeks ago but now it's shifted due to public opinion being that strong. I think they will loan him out to see if he's still got it (let's not forget, he was an incredible prospect but he hasn't played competitive football during his most important years) and secondly how the scrutiny is and whether he can handle it.

If he goes abroad to Serie A and bangs in goals, he'll be back I have no doubt. Man Utd are too commercial to throw away a £100m player. He's 2x the player of Antony before all this happened.

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag
So it took the club 1.6 years to reach a decision and write 2 paragraphs about it. Wow, I'm sure a thorough inquiry has been completed by our masterminds.
An extended 1-2 years loan would have made more sense, time will tell how good will he become, as a footballer, nobody can predict that now.

Ricardo de la Vega

No he fecking wasn't. Do make stupid statements which aren't true, goodness me.
You're right. He was innocent anyway by presumption and no one has yet been able to overturn that in court. Nor has he had a chance to say his own side of the story.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
This decision is wrong on so many levels.
A young kid, that grew up watching a handful of incompetent managers spunk money at average players like Pogba, Bastian, Lingard and co, has been brought up in that environment and I can bet my house nobody ever has spoken to him about values and important things in life. He goes on and makes a mistake. His wife then forgives him, goes to have a kid with him, but the internet gang, and the innocent nuns of twitter don't give it a break, do they? They have to single him out, and forgiveness or remorse are not things they could ever talk about, could they?

Well fecking done internet justice league. You achieved it. You must be fecking proud with yourselves. I wish you go to hell.
I can not support a club that has such fans. I hope you all go to hell.
Jesus Christ :lol:

Judas

Open to offers
I half think Richard Arnold leaked the Greenwood reintegration plan to Crafton to gauge the reaction of the fans and general public and then went onto make his decision to move Greenwood away from the club. If so, well played.
It’s not well played, it’s pathetic. The public were always going to be against it, how could they already not have been well aware of that? I’m baffled so many people in this thread, some who I thought were reasonably sensible, actually seem sad he’s not coming back.

Marwood

Watch him sign for our rivals and become a world class performer.
It won't happen. The lad had issues before this. Mega talented but I think it likey he wouldn't have fulfilled his potential anyway.

clarkydaz

Club statement is terrible. Comes across as "we wanted to keep him but because of you touchy sods, have to give up on prize asset, thanks a bunch"

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Why is the decision obviously correct? You say that due process has been ignored. At the same time without that having happened, you also knew what the right decision should have been?

Your last line is correct. People are just being hypocrites here. It's social media pressure. I'm just surprised that a country that let a prime minister get away with so much finally found its courage when it came to this one specific player. It's not even like they're saying this is symptomatic of a wider problem etc. Nope. Just... this guy here, officer, shoot him.
I personally think the decision is correct just because it would be a massive distraction to the team.

Ljungster

Some of you guys need to read, it doesn't say that we are selling him och terminating his contract. It says the following:

All those involved, including Mason, recognise the difficulties with him recommencing his career at Manchester United. It has therefore been mutually agreed that it would be most appropriate for him to do so away from Old Trafford, and we will now work with Mason to achieve that outcome.

Notice the use of the word recommencing and not continuing which would imply that it will be an initial loan before a new decision will be made.

I still wonder where this outrage where when Chelsea bought [Irrelevant point] who killed a girl in a drunk driving accident and then payed of her family to avoid a sentence in jail?

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Terrible statement for the only correct decision.
Club is looking more horrible as time goes on.

TheGame

It implies there is evidence that is contrary to what we saw online.
People don't want to believe so because they already made up their mind, but the fact is that's 2 separate sources now that have said there is evidence to the contrary that is not in the public domain.
Still despite this, people will still stick to their guns and pretend they know what went on
Or that witnesses have made different statements. Unless you specifically know, it could be anything.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Because whoever made that statement is a moron.
I have a feeling whoever has have been asked to put something together that doesn't contradict the decision to bring him back. It becomes quite apparent the whole aim was to bring him back and paint it all as "we don't know the whole story". It aligns very much with that.

lsd

The Oracle
The correct decision. I said that I felt the 'withdrawal of key witnesses and new information' probably meant that she dropped allegations and made an alternative explanation for the whole thing. And that looks to be true, anything else said by the club is saving face.

Exactly this is the sad thing that this new evidence people are clinging is just her making up a story to save him.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
If we didn't let him play for us he'll never play in the prem again, so I'm not sure where this comes from.

Imagine the backlash if he joins City or Arsenal when we just ditched him because of what happened. Grow up....
If United had to bin him because of all the virtue-signalling backlash, there's no way he can play for a PL club.

Red Star One

It seems no one deserves a second chance now.
Such a weird sentiment considering Greenwood has already earned fortune at United and will now continue to earn more than vast majority of people at the Caf elsewhere in the world

90 + 5min

I can’t understand people talking about football side (We need attackers) of this when it comes to this. There is some things in life you need to stand for or stand against.

This is correct decision although the statement is wierd to say at least.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
If you followed Adam Crafton's reporting in the last few days, the club was about to announce his return a few weeks ago. He leaked internal documents outlining the entire plan and I'm certain it had a factor in this decision to U-turn.
It could also have been that Crafton was used, to an extent?
Sorry, I've got a witness here that swears I never said the insult that I posted. I've legally been proven not guilty.
Funny.

the_cliff

But if there's proof out there that made it look all made up, Greenwood wouldn't even get back with her, would he? There's no way if there's proof or an explanation that clears him, that it would not be out there by now.
I'm just guessing. There's no way it was all made up. They aren't saying it's all made up but there's probably some context involved, probably exaggerated.
It's the only explanation for there being more proof and a full recording. The problem is for Greenwood and United is that it would most likely make the wife look bad if there is such evidence as they claim. Now leaving a young lady to be abused by an entire fanbase/Andrew Tate fanboys isn't exactly the right thing to do.

EireRed_GS

The club cannot do that, it has to come from her
At the end of the day, if he didnt do what was accused like they claim, and it was all some sort of misunderstanding, it could have all been cleared up very quickly with a short statement from the girl. But she didnt. Not a peep.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Or that witnesses have made different statements. Unless you specifically know, it could be anything.
The club has told us what it was, and its the full recording.
Regardless I'm not even saying he is innocent, I'm saying those going around claiming he is definitely guilty are the problem. Because QUITE CLEARLY from 2 difference source there is doubt