Mason Greenwood | Please be respectful and stay on topic

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
The people who are cheering him on. Why? He won’t play for us anymore.

at best you’re defending someone who will play for other clubs from now on and ruined his Utd career. At worst you’re cheering on a rapist.

what’s the fecking point?
Some people are hoping for 50, 60 million fee one day for him.
And some think that he still has future here.

Both opinions are valid because club didn't sack him.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Some people are hoping for 50, 60 million fee one day for him.
And some think that he still has future here.

Both opinions are valid because club didn't sack him.
They’re following and rooting for him because they want to track his potential transfer fee? How sad do you have to be?

Giggsy13

He will probably be bought by Madrid or Barcelona next summer.
I can see Barca but not Madrid who will have Mbappe lined up already. Atletico also another option and perhaps a deal is there to be made for a swap (Felix?). I also wouldn’t discount a domestic club like Newcastle or Spurs to swoop in either. In the end clubs will take the heat if the player can back it up on the pitch.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Silence is collusion pal.

If the thread would leave the front page without my involvement, you'd have a point... but if my contribution makes no material difference to it's activity levels, I don't see anything wrong with posting to provide an alternative view.

Saying you can't disagree with something because you follow it, is a tad flawed.
Because other people are doing it, I'm going to do it too, but just think differently

It makes no difference either way.

Great outlook that. :lol:

L1nk

They’re following and rooting for him because they want to track his potential transfer fee? How sad do you have to be?
They’re tracking it because they are bigger fans of Greenwood than they are supporters of the club. Most football fans these days are Player FC if you haven’t noticed. Stating the facts whilst we’re here, alot of them are clearly apologists of abuse and probably are up to dodgy things in their personal lives too, alot of men who who believe Greenwood is just a victim of “woke cancel culture”

Man, just how big is Manchester United though, we respected BBC journalists like Simon Stone are actually going to Getafe to report on him going there, it’s absolutely insane when you think about it

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
He's not playing for United
I know.
You don't have to accept him, doesn't mean that others are not allowed to think differently to you?!
I know.
Why?
Are you suggesting that anyone makes mistakes or even do criminal act, shouldn’t be given a chance? Just let them rot or be eliminated from this planet?
Those out of jail or correction center should be abandoned by the society? Is that what you advocate?
No (although genuine contrition on the part of Greenwood would’ve helped his case).

What I’m flagging up is people citing the fact his partner is back with him as some sort of signal for everyone else to switch off their critical faculties.

Man utd as an important, impactful global institution, should take the social responsibility to demonstrate we give them that chance to correct their wrongdoing and become better version of themselves.
Sure, I’ve no problem with that but I’ll go back to my point about contrition above.

Yorke to Cole

Great post, lots of very sensible points made there. I once posted something similar in one of the MG threads (I can’t remember whether it was this one) about the real life complexities involved in this matter which unfortunately many posters have decided not to take into account. Then again, each is allowed appreciate the matter according to their personal subjectiveness.

I don’t see anything wrong with some fans/former teammates who got attached to him wanting to follow his career and wishing him a nice redemption arc. That doesn’t prevent those who are so inclined from erasing him from their minds and deciding to stay away from any discussion concerning him altogether. I just don’t get why both sections should continuously go against each other, it just makes the forum/threads unnecessarily toxic. It’s like some people just want everyone to think like them and can’t accept some people feeling differently about situations, using all sorts of negative labels to describe anyone who dares not wish death on MG.
I completely agree. This was the approach I wanted to take. A more circumspect view without people throwing the statistics about domestic violence and or rape. Each case is individual with different backgrounds and reasons why they may have occurred or not.

I posted several weeks ago about the experiences I have witnessed from a female member that suffered from mental health issues and would resort to violence in the home when she would suffered an episode.

It would have torn my heart in half if I heard people/ strangers call her a "scumbag" and you should just " do away with her" and make judgements on my familie's predicament. Thankfully, she has received help and although she struggles now and again, she has rehabilitated to a large extent.

I actually wrote to the club and told them this in more detail, suggesting that step by step these issues can be resolved with the endeavour of those involved ( if indeed the circumstances occurred as the charges stated). That is always the view I had on this and it is the stance I will always have.

kaku06

I can see Barca but not Madrid who will have Mbappe lined up already. Atletico also another option and perhaps a deal is there to be made for a swap (Felix?). I also wouldn’t discount a domestic club like Newcastle or Spurs to swoop in either. In the end clubs will take the heat if the player can back it up on the pitch.
Why not? Madrid only have Rodrygo for the right wing and no one upfront not counting Joselu who’s just a stop gap. Greenwood can play both on the right and upfront for Madrid if he tears up in la liga.
Imagine a front three of
Vinicius - Mbappe - Greenwood, plus
Bellingham - Tchouameni - Camavinga
:lol:
If and a big if that happens Madrid gonna torment the whole of Europe for the next decade.

Tom Van Persie

No relation

at best you’re defending someone who will play for other clubs from now on and ruined his Utd career. At worst you’re cheering on a rapist.

Weird behaviour.

I've noticed the likes of Simon Stone and Paul Hirst are covering Getafe games now.

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
absolute bonkers take.

Best player by some distance to come out of United’s academy in tow decades. What the funk make you feel that talent will be lucky to play in the Championship where he’d already in his young age be the best player in the league?
His talent has never been in question. Its everything else that will end up costing him a career at the top level.

It's genuinely insane that people think Real Madrid or Barca are looking at him as a viable option when he's played 20 minutes since January 2021.

Camilo

His stature is nothing to do with cancel culture, but everything to with himself - he hasn't come out a say a single world since the case. His ark of any kind of change and redemption starts the moment he comes out and apologizes and admits his faults and shows how he is working with himself to improve his life and values.
Haha, so self important. He owes nobody anything publicly. It seems whatever did or didn't happen has been discussed and sorted in his private life, and that should be the end of it.

This is such a judgy society right now. Horrible.

His talent has never been in question. Its everything else that will end up costing him a career at the top level.

It's genuinely insane that people think Real Madrid or Barca are looking at him as a viable option when he's played 20 minutes since January 2021.
It’s not insane at all, in 2021 both would’ve bitten your hand off for him, he’s an incredible talent.

If he find his form in Spain he’ll be on the radar for many top clubs as he’ll still have a knock down price.

Canuckred64

You can't say he won't play for us anymore. It's a possibility that if he performs well in Spain and stays out of trouble, he could be back. We don't really know what the club have in mind.

L1nk

What a crock of shite man

Greenwood, whilst being an incredible talent has done feck all for United, not a chance is anyone aside from his closest family and friends a bigger fan of Greenwood man :lol:
I agree, he’s done nothing but you sure? Check your modern day football fan, a lot of them support players more than clubs now, Ronaldo FC, Martial FC

kaku06

They’re tracking it because they are bigger fans of Greenwood than they are supporters of the club. Most football fans these days are Player FC if you haven’t noticed. Stating the facts whilst we’re here, alot of them are clearly apologists of abuse and probably are up to dodgy things in their personal lives too, alot of men who who believe Greenwood is just a victim of “woke cancel culture”
:lol:Wow. Is this how it’s going to be played now?

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Tbf, club's statement opened door for that thinking. What is the message with this loan? We will not play him but we don't want to lose money on him? Or maybe......lets see what public will think in a year or two?
There is lots of talk in gloves about Greenwood. Lots of fans saying that they want him out because "it is moral thing to do". But i bet that most of fans, deep inside them, want him to stay.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Tbf, club's statement opened door for that thinking. What is the message with this loan? We will not play him but we don't want to lose money on him? Or maybe......lets see what public will think in a year or two?
There is lots of talk in gloves about Greenwood. Lots of fans saying that they want him out because "it is moral thing to do". But i bet that most of fans, deep inside them, want him to stay.
That is a really stupid blanket statement with no credence.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Haha, so self important. He owes nobody anything publicly. It seems whatever did or didn't happen has been discussed and sorted in his private life, and that should be the end of it.

Yep, he doesn't owe anyone anything publicly and can choose not to out forward an explanation.

Equally, the public don't owe him the slighest benefit of the doubt and can choose to take his inability to put forward an explanation as further confirmation of his guilt. They can believe he is the scumbag he appears to be, revile him for it and put pressure on anyone who seeks to employ/sponsor him in the future not to do so.

The right to not say anything publicly isn't a right to avoid the consequences of not saying anything publicly. If he'd rather to live with the consequences than put forward a defence, that's his business.

flameinthesun

How sad does one have to be indeed to pretend that people can not:

A) be interested in whether he still has the talent he has after two years whether he stays at united or not

or

B) curious to see whether we would be able to get a large fee for him

or

C) feel that he should be given a chance at united after the loan

or

D) any other reason they want to follow his progress at Getafe.

We get it, you don't like him, he should never be allowed to play at united, better yet never play football again etc etc

This is why a loan performance thread should be opened so those who want to genuinely follow how he does can do so and those who want to moan about them can do so in another thread.

I agree, he’s done nothing but you sure? Check your modern day football fan, a lot of them support players more than clubs now, Ronaldo FC, Martial FC
I think some get a bit crazy over players, but no-one supports an average footballer or a young lad who has proven nothing more than a club.

Ronaldo, Messi, maybe even Mbappe, but not the likes of Greenwood.

L1nk

“Such a judgy society” you mean people want to see actual accountability? What’s “horrible” in our society is people still get away with abusing women on the regular and face no repercussions at all

So many people have exposed themselves in this thread as having the most horrendous morals.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I think some get a bit crazy over players, but no-one supports an average footballer or a young lad who has proven nothing more than a club.

Ronaldo, Messi, maybe even Mbappe, but not the likes of Greenwood.
Greenwood’s got a whole new set of incredibly devoted fans now. From the manosphere.

Ironically, a load of them were probably slagging him off as not good enough when he last played for the club they support.

NZT-One

(edit: damn it, the topic got me triggered once again... :( )

Most people here aren't interested in actually discussing that either. They're more concerned about showing their support for a woman beater and potential rapist.

For avoidance of doubt, this is Mason Greenwood.

https://x.com/HITCSevens/status/1691848806617194880?t=SxJ4FYngXu0ja4DdWyFhgg&s=09
Actually, I am pretty sure the actual victim wouldn't be a fan of strangers on the internet using this as a tool to promote their selfrighteousness...

On the contrary. Any support Greenwood gets could soften the public stance on him, which opens the door for a return next season.
"Soften the public stance on him"... hmm, that might give an interesting perspective on your world view. The majority of people is just dumb, information and pictures have to be restricted to make sure, they don't come to the "wrong" conclusions. Not saying this is your world view, but it comes across as if.

Yeah it might be the sensible approach - having two separate threads for MG. One restricted purely to his football/loan spell at Getafe. Might be a good time to unlock that player performance thread.
Like the idea. Pretty skeptical it would work though. There is always a number of people who aren't on a forum to read information or learn about other peoples opinions. They are here for attention or self promoting. Just like when "negativity" spilled in all sorts of threads when we are critical with a manager, same phenomenon would be found here. The attentionseekers (no matter of rightfully or not) will go where the people are and this thread will die down as soon as there is another thread that is about the player and has more activity.

How sad is it, to come to an internet forum to judge strangers on their supposed motivations for being interested in a player?! It is really weird - as if people would care one iota about your world view.

Man, just how big is Manchester United though, we respected BBC journalists like Simon Stone are actually going to Getafe to report on him going there, it’s absolutely insane when you think about it
Fecking hell... It is getting scary to be honest. You are ready to judge and burn people on a football forum because what you think their stance is on a specific matter, must mean they themselves are problematic. It is scary...

Yep, he doesn't owe anyone anything publicly and can choose not to out forward an explanation.

Equally, the public don't owe him the slighest benefit of the doubt and can choose to take his inability to put forward an explanation as further confirmation of his guilt. They can believe he is the scumbag he appears to be, revile him for it and put pressure on anyone who seeks to employ/sponsor him in the future not to do so.

The right to not say anything publicly isn't a right to avoid the consequences of not saying anything publicly. If he'd rather to live with the consequences than put forward a defence, that's his business.
That is absolutely true and of course everybody is entitled to have and to openly speak out his opinion. One thing though, you are talking about the public and it feels like you would think that the majority is sharing your stance on the matter. This might be the case don't know. But I hope, you will be fine with it, if it turns out the majority isn't sharing your view today, in a month or next summer. "The public" is pretty difficult to predict these days. Twitter isn't the public just as much as weird telegram groups are "the public". The majority is in between and I am pretty sure they will move on to other things to care about.

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
How sad does one have to be indeed to pretend that people can not:

A) be interested in whether he still has the talent he has after two years whether he stays at united or not

or

B) curious to see whether we would be able to get a large fee for him

or

C) feel that he should be given a chance at united after the loan

or

D) any other reason they want to follow his progress at Getafe.

We get it, you don't like him, he should never be allowed to play at united, better yet never play football again etc etc

This is why a loan performance thread should be opened so those who want to genuinely follow how he does can do so and those who want to moan about them can do so in another thread.
Let's be honest, the only reason any of you would actually watch a Getafe Osasuna match just to see him is because you want him back at United.

TsuWave

Please, can we just do something about the hundreds of messages using the argument "she took him back, so shut the feck up". It's so fecking ignorant of the extremely serious societal issue of domestic abuse/violence.
This is true, but one also must be conscious of not being dismissive of a potential victim's autonomy and agency.

He did not get a warm welcome in Spain, today, with opposition fans suggesting he might care to pass away.
This was always going to be the case - it's not as if oppo fans would be belting out "welcome to Spain". Players with less baggage get absolute belters from oppo fans - let alone someone that transferred under these circumstances. If the home fans are on board - which they seemingly are - then he should be alright.

Redlyn

I track him not because of any transfer fee, but because I want him to do well. Why? Just that he is a young player from our academy who I want to see succeed. The rest is really not something I am preoccupied about.The relevant authorities did what they needed to do, that's the complete end of it for me.

I hope it would be possible to have a separate football/performance only thread and those who can't deal with it just put it on ignore.

mu4c_20le

I track him not because of any transfer fee, but because I want him to do well. Why? Just that he is a young player from our academy who I want to see succeed. The rest is really not something I am preoccupied about.The relevant authorities did what they needed to do, that's the complete end of it for me.

I hope it would be possible to have a separate football/performance only thread and those who can't deal with it just put it on ignore.
That's how I feel as well, though I would add that as long as his partner is happy then I'm satisfied. He's still one of our own and I genuinely want to see him rehabilitate.