Mason Greenwood | Please be respectful and stay on topic

OverratedOpinion

I struggle to know how I want him to do. It all comes down to what makes it less likely that the board might think they should try and bring him back as a year has passed ect.

If he is great then it could make them want him back more but it'll also encourage larger offers. If he's as middling as it seems he has been so far then we will get less offers but they will also have less motivation to bring him back.

Maybe he just stays at Getafe on a cut price deal that they could afford. Hopefully so and all those that want him back can go and support them.

Jaae

Not ITK
Who in their right minds would attempt to force themselves on a person that they allegedly love and beat them up?
A teenager with maturity issues for one.

After everything that has happened on and off the pitch I’m willing to bet Greenwood is a massively changed person than he was 2 years ago.

Pickle85

After everything that has happened on and off the pitch I’m willing to bet Greenwood is a massively changed person than he was 2 years ago.
I think there's a little more to what he was accused of than maturity issues. The amount that folks try to minimize this as stupid/immature etc is wild.

Edit: @OverratedOpinion beat me to it

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Who in their right minds would attempt to force themselves on a person that they allegedly love and beat them up? Also, in this context I don't think sensible is a word that's in great taste. I think the sensible thing would have been for him not to assault and attempt to rape his partner (allegedly etc) in the first place.
Yeh agreed his alleged crimes are abhorrent. Doesn’t mean I’m gonna judge him further for not turning himself into prison. Noble? Yes. Stupid? Most definitely. He either didn’t do it or he hasn’t been caught either way why would he willingly go to prison now.

Jaae

Not ITK
I think there's a little more to what he was accused of than maturity issues. The amount that folks try to minimize this as stupid/immature etc is wild.

Edit: @OverratedOpinion beat me to it
Immaturity is a big driving factor in why young men engage in criminal behaviour more than any other group of people, so I don’t see that as minimising what happened.

Thiagoal

Rasmus would love to play with MG. I’m not sure he’s received a quality delivery all season. Even Rashfords in the CL nearly took his head off

OverratedOpinion

Rasmus would love to play with MG. I’m not sure he’s received a quality delivery all season. Even Rashfords in the CL nearly took his head off
Are we talking about the player who caused mass frustration by being the most selfish player in our team and endlessly looking to work a shooting opportunity?

Yagami

Good post resistant
At 2-0, Celta brought Aspas on and really went for it. I thought Greenwood should've been subbed once they got one back because he was offering nothing defensively, and then they got another and I thought it had cost them.

Well, keeping their most talented player on was worth it because, yet again, he comes up with another game changing moment.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably

I'd be willing to bet he's still a sociopath myself.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff

Aye, he'll probably make sure there are no cameras when he next decides to commit bodily harm.

Glorio

Are we talking about the player who caused mass frustration by being the most selfish player in our team and endlessly looking to work a shooting opportunity?
I was thinking this exactly. Folks love to rewrite history - Greenwood was as selfish as they come

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I was thinking this exactly. Folks love to rewrite history - Greenwood was as selfish as they come
He was. His only aim was to get a shot off at all costs. He'd already been worked out in the PL before the video.

Pickle85

Yeh agreed his alleged crimes are abhorrent. Doesn’t mean I’m gonna judge him further for not turning himself into prison. Noble? Yes. Stupid? Most definitely. He either didn’t do it or he hasn’t been caught either way why would he willingly go to prison now.
Why would owning up to something you did and taking responsibility for it be stupid? Yes, he'd be punished for it but he deserves to be, and if he can't see that then he's still a selfish sociopath.

flameinthesun

He was. His only aim was to get a shot off at all costs. He'd already been worked out in the PL before the video.
On the contrary, in the first half of his last season he was playing quite maturely, especially when compared to the other attackers and that he was what 19/20. In a few games he was the only attacker that actually looked dangerous, whoscored has him in our top 5 performers for that half season.

I think a lot of people don't take his age into account when looking at his performances as well as the fact he is a striker who was at the time being moulded into the right attacker role.

Thiagoal

Shock horror 19 year old selfish striker matures to start assisting his team mates. I’ve just watched a game where he literally could have had four assists yet you guys are shouting back he was selfish two years ago! You guys need to get over him and move on- seems vitriol is consuming you!

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Shock horror 19 year old selfish striker matures to start assisting his team mates. I’ve just watched a game where he literally could have had four assists yet you guys are shouting back he was selfish two years ago! You guys need to get over him and move on- seems vitriol is consuming you!
That's the hope, but it's tricky with the ongoing circle jerk. Weirdest fan club I can recall.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Thankfully the club will agree.

flameinthesun

That's the hope, but it's tricky with the ongoing circle jerk. Weirdest fan club I can recall.
As tricky as some posters being upset at the thread yet probably being amongst the highest posters in here. The weirdest self flagellation fan club I can recall eh.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
As tricky as some posters being upset at the thread yet probably being amongst the highest posters in here. The weirdest self flagellation fan club I can recall eh.

That makes no sense on a few levels. I have stated several times why I am in this thread, both personally and as a moderator.

I thought your preoccupation with me had passed. Alas.

flameinthesun

That makes no sense on a few levels. I have stated several times why I am in this thread, both personally and as a moderator.

I thought your preoccupation with me had passed. Alas.
Alas indeed, I didn't even say you were in the club...

Yagami

Good post resistant
He still is but he's also been very good at beating his full back and putting dangerous balls into the box for Getafe. For us, he shot pretty much every time he bought himself some space. Now, he's much more varied in terms of also looking to pick out his teammates. He really should have a few more assists already because he's created so many chances by doing this.

Gasolin

Are we still into that topic? I thought we were back to talking football in regard to Mason.