Mass Shooting in Christchurch, NZ Mosque | 14th March 2019

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Despite some sick and absolute wickedness in people in the World, let us not forget the majority of the worlds people live in co-existence in absolute peace and support their fellow human beings.

Mihajlovic

Its Baltic!
Despite some sick and absolute wickedness in people in the World, let us not forget the majority of the worlds people live in co-existence in absolute peace and support their fellow human beings.
True and amen to that.

NoLogo

The brain dead idiots on the chan boards are already claiming it's a false flag operation done by jews/leftists/insertimaginedenemy. It's always amazing how the cycle on these boards goes.

1. holy shit it's going down, what a hero
2. oh oh, this might lead to this board being shut down again
3. no way this is real, it was false a flag op, we nazis are bunch of peace loving dudes, no way we would do that

:houllier::houllier::houllier:

Sweet Square

If you don't mind me adding my thoughts these people use religion as any power hungry excuse for a human has done down the ages. Christianity isn't about hatred and violence just as Islam is not. To be a christian is to try to be 'Christ Like' or as 'Christ One' from which we get Christian.

The Old Testament is full of plagues and revenge using violence but the Christ that christians follow advocated Peace always.

I wouldn't want to take this thread off-topic with argument but I know people have very different views to me however these people want to change our lives. We should want to preserve our way of life and not submit to their hatred and anger with more in return.
Oh yeah of course. I just talking historically.

It wouldn't surprise if the people who carried out this attack are these ''new atheists types''.

NoLogo

Very well said. We need to remember that because people like this sick feck who killed those innocent people have the specific aim to divide everyone, they dream of starting a race war. Don't let the extremists win.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
We’re always talking about Fox News and right wing tabloids like the Sun, Daily Mail, Bild an so on, and they absolutely share parts of the blame for this situation. But we must start to act against Facebook, Google and all the boards and social media, that willingly spread all this hatred, basically adapted to the minds and interests of children, to get a few more clicks.
There is absolutely no accountability here. The world is just standing around and looking, while every time you log onto YouTube, there are shitloads of right wing videos in the suggestions. This has to stop. That’s how shit like this happens. We’re letting our most vulnerable people consume right wing propaganda daily, in their rooms and everywhere else and nobody gives a shit. As of right now, we completely fecked up the internet.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
It's important to always remember that. One of the issues with our new world is that we put an awful lot of emphasis on what a minority thinks particularly when it's a negative message while the majority is totally ignored. You see it with all subjects and it's getting infuriating because we are now at a point where we try to impose messages and politics on the majority because the majority is simply living its life peacefully and quietly.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
It's important to always remember that. One of the issues with our new world is that we put an awful lot of emphasis on what a minority thinks particularly when it's a negative message while the majority is totally ignored. You see it with all subjects and it's getting infuriating because we are now at a point where we try to impose messages and politics on the majority because the majority is simply living its life peacefully and quietly.
What makes you so comfortable in believing a majority of people doesn’t share racist sentiments?

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Words fail me at times like this, what can you say or do?

The world is a sick place with hatred at its core.
Feels like it's becoming moreso :(

What makes you so comfortable in believing a majority of people doesn’t share racist sentiments?
What's the alternative? I'd like to hope that's not the case personally. Until proven otherwise...

NoLogo

40 people man, how many bloody guns did the cnut carry? In such a peaceful country. feck this world
From what I could see he had at least 3 m4a1's, 2 shotguns and multiple bags full of ammunition. Why the feck would you allow civilian to own such an amount of firepower, apart from doing fecked up shit what is he going to do with it, hunt?

Classical Mechanic

Everyone has prejudices of various different kinds to a greater or lesser degree. Very few people convert them into acts such as the one witnessed in Christchurch last night.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Can I post this ?

You should. It shows how widespread islamophobia is and that it’s an issue that's deeply rooted into mainstream media and every layer of society and politics.

JPRouve

Scout
Because most people don't care enough about others to actually be racist. A large amount of people will have prejudices but it's not racism, they will have them about everything that isn't like them based on narratives and parroting those will be challenged and altered by experience but actual racism is a different story.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Everyone has prejudices of various different kinds to a greater or lesser degree. Very few people convert them into acts such as the one witnessed in Christchurch last night.
That doesn’t mean they oppose what happened. Ever since the hysteria after 9/11, I would never comfortably say what you just did. We’re almost 20 years into a horrible racist misinformation campaign throughout the western world, with radicalizing men everywhere, with far right parties everywhere, with openly racist politicians everywhere.
Just a few days ago, goddamn journals from Der Spiegel were at a birthday party were a bunch of Nazis was. That’s a left leaning paper.
Islamophobia is everywhere.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Because most people don't care enough about others to actually be racist. A large amount of people will have prejudices but it's not racism, they will have them about everything that isn't like them based on narratives and parroting those will be challenged and altered by experience but actual racism is a different story.
Yeah, you might think those prejudices are harmless and normal, I say it’s blatant racism.

Classical Mechanic

That doesn’t mean they oppose what happened. Ever since the hysteria after 9/11, I would never comfortably say what you just did. We’re almost 20 years into a horrible racist misinformation campaign throughout the western world, with radicalizing men everywhere, with far right parties everywhere, with openly racist politicians everywhere.
Just a few days ago, goddamn journals from Der Spiegel were at a birthday party were a bunch of Nazis was. That’s a left leaning paper.
Islamophobia is everywhere.
Despite all the Islamophobia, which from personal experience, is by far and away the form of casual racism I most encounter, I'd like to think that the majority of people are still opposed to this kind of atrocities.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Despite all the Islamophobia, which from personal experience, is by far and away the form of casual racism I most encounter, I'd like to think that the majority of people are still opposed to this kind of atrocities.
I’d put the emphasis on still.
The norms and the conduct we consider acceptable, has hugely shifted to the right and we’re not done yet. This shit will only get worse.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
I'm not even sure if it's only a "loud minority" when it comes to islamophobia, I think it's verging on becoming a majority issue atm.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
This is how racism gets normalised.

Feels like it's becoming moreso :(
Yep absolutely, but there's also a lot more people so maybe as a ratio there's not much change?
Doesn't really matter, ultimately it's inexplicable why anyone would act like this.

It really takes nothing to let the next person go on about their lives and treat them fairly.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
One can either highlight the differences or the commonalities, both is true when seen in isolation. To me, hate crimes should be seen as tip of the iceberg stuff. There's usually an interplay between a militant avantgarde and a broader popular resentment (even if the majority doesn't condone the acts of violence itself). And when the resentment is on the rise in majority society, violence will increase too.

Last edited:

InfiniteBoredom

We’ve lost huge parts of a whole generation of young men to full blown racism, islamophobia and hatred. Not just the US, Australia or NZ, but basically the whole western world. This shit won’t stop. It’ll get worse. That’s what happens, if you let 14 year old boys hang around the internet all day, without any supervision whatsoever.
I hung around the internet all day without any supervision since age 10 and didnt turn into a full blown racist.

Granted, I'm not Caucasian, or Westerner, but this is still a huge generalisation, and baseless one at that. Austerity, crony capitalism, no housing and career prospect probably had more of a hand in swaying these white young men into embittered incels/right wing trolls/terrorists.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
:(

The worst part is I have almost become desensitised to this kind of stuff.

We shouldn't have to accept that these acts of terror are part of our world.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
I hung around the internet all day without any supervision since age 10 and didnt turn into a full blown racist.

Granted, I'm not Caucasian, or Westerner, but this is still a huge generalisation, and baseless one at that. Austerity, crony capitalism, no housing and career prospect probably had more of a hand in swaying these white young men into embittered incels/right wing trolls/terrorists.
No. Just no. We need to stop this rhetoric about the misunderstood and poor racist, who’s too dumb to understand anything at all and lashes out violently, because that’s all he knows. That’s not true. We know who votes racist parties and that’s not just some rednecks. We need to stop to feed into their myths about victimization. That’s how they justify their shit to themselves. They consider acts like these self defense.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout

Same, must admit I dont remember noticing any racism when I used to play counterstrike though. Perhaps I got lucky with the server I used to play on, but it seems to be something thats got out of hand since the rise of the memes (in gaming anyway). Social media and gaming now seems to be a breeding ground for racism using shit memes.

In fact the correlation between racism and shit memes probably became a widespread problem when social media really exploded. It has a lot to answer for frankly.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
I always get a different answer.... I get that it means involuntary celibate, but how does that tie into the bigotry etc?
They fetishize their loneliness and deteriating mental health by confirming their racist and mysoginistic views to each other, so they might feel like victims of a greater conspiracy against themselves. Then they radicalize and start killing.

JPRouve

Scout
This is how racism gets normalised.
What do you mean? At no point I said that these prejudices shouldn't be challenged but we need to make a distinction between tackling prejudices and tackling actual racists because we are not talking to the same public.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
I always get a different answer.... I get that it means involuntary celibate, but how does that tie into the bigotry etc?
I don't think the trajectory is incel who then turns into a bigot.
They were more likely to hold discriminatory views beforehand, but if they are on an online forum under the guise of anonymity and they're already spouting about how women are evil & whatever else, it's easy for them to naturally move on to other targets like minorities.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Arguably, all it takes is for those types to see brown-skinned people with white partners. Egged on by like-minded others, it 'progresses' from idiotic jealousy to dangerous bigotry.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
What do you mean? At no point I said that these prejudices shouldn't be challenged but we need to make a distinction between tackling prejudices and tackling actual racists because we are not talking to the same public.
Normalizing seemingly trivial racism or prejudices is the first step on a steep ladder of normalization of racism and radicalism. It’s how it starts.

InfiniteBoredom

Well of course it has nothing to do with their own failings, it's the SJWs/*****/Men of colours who prevent them from scoring.

No. Just no. We need to stop this rhetoric about the misunderstood and poor racist, who’s too dumb to understand anything at all and lashes out violently, because that’s all he knows. That’s not true. We know who votes racist parties and that’s not just some rednecks. We need to stop to feed into their myths about victimization. That’s how they justify their shit to themselves. They consider acts like these self defense.
I'm not defending them, I'm saying that while online echo chambers are fertile ground to foster extremism, the real world conditions have a much bigger impact on spurring these men on in the first place. 4chan existed before Twitter/Facebook and failing that, there is still the deep web, you simply cant ban them all.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
:(

The worst part is I have almost become desensitised to this kind of stuff.

We shouldn't have to accept that these acts of terror are part of our world.
This is the world we've been given.

Systemic racism makes people fear change and fear people who are different.