g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Matheus Nunes | agrees to go to wolves

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Luckily we have. a 17 year old midfielder named Matheus Fernandes (the baby of Matheus Nunes and Bruno Fernandes I hope)....right?!?

I am literally melting like a ice cream cone.

mu4c_20le

He already rejected Wolves earlier. Must a gentlemen's clause to let him move to Liverpool next year

SportingCP96

Supports
Sporting asked him to accept the offer because the club needed the money. He loves the club and is doing them a favor whilst also using Wolves as a trampoline. It's obvious he does not want to go.

RyRoc

Any Wolves fans on here? Correct me if I’m wrong but I thought I read about a month ago that the owners were struggling because of the pandemic and finances would be very tight this summer. Now you’ve spent over 80 million in the space of a week. Is there a possible outgoing or was this always the budget you had?

GledTheRed

Any Wolves fans on here? Correct me if I’m wrong but I thought I read about a month ago that the owners were struggling because of the pandemic and finances would be very tight this summer. Now you’ve spent over 80 million in the space of a week. Is there a possible outgoing or was this always the budget you had?
No doubt us dickheads are readying an 80 million Neves bid.

Alemar

Sporting asked him to accept the offer because the club needed the money. He loves the club and is doing them a favor whilst also using Wolves as a trampoline. It's obvious he does not want to go.
But why not to United then?

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Not signing Nunes is mental. Can’t believe clubs are letting him pass, especially United who need someone like him most.

SportingCP96

Supports
But why not to United then?
Doubt United even put a bid in.

What Is happening is this.

Sporting, Braga, and Wolves are all in Mendes pocket.

Nunes (Sporting) goes to Wolves and then Horta (Braga) goes to Sporting.

Double commission for Mendes.

GledTheRed

His profile probably isn't big enough for United nor his wages demands.

Good players earn 200k minimum in United's eyes.

SportingCP96

Supports
What is the deal with this guy...
What does he bring to Sporting which makes him worthwhile emptying your club when HE wants
He is buddy buddy with our clown of a president Varandas.

Our old president BDC refused to do dealing with him.

Mendes has his claws in all of Porto, Sporting, Benfica, and Braga.

He is the most powerful agent in the world for a reason I guess…

SportingCP96

Supports
But if they sell to United, then Sporting can buy that guy from Braga all the same, it shouldn’t influence Mendes commission
Those are all his clubs though. That’s how Wolves keeps getting these talented young Portuguese players. All his dealing are between clubs he owns.

Benfica and atlético is another example.

Ekeke

Wolves... So the team that was going for Vitinha only for them to lose out to PSG. Now they go for Nunes

Ekeke

You do know transfer dealing are not black and white right?

What’s your deal with nunes
I just took a look at both him and Vitinha last season and thought Vitinha looked better. Then the summer came and the talk was about Vitinha, with Wolves and then PSG beating them to his signature which is a lot of a bigger deal. Only then was Nunes now the topic. You were saying Sporting dont need to sell unlike Porto and that might be why teams went for Vitinha first, but now it looks like you're happy to sell to Wolves for a similar fee.

SportingCP96

Supports
I just took a look at both him and Vitinha last season and thought Vitinha looked better. Then the summer came and the talk was about Vitinha, with Wolves and then PSG beating them to his signature which is a lot of a bigger deal. Only then was Nunes now the topic. You were saying Sporting dont need to sell unlike Porto and that might be why teams went for Vitinha first, but now it looks like you're happy to sell to Wolves for a similar fee.
Hence the Mendes dealing. Dealings are not as simply as oh this guy went their so he is better etc.

Nunes rejected these clubs multiple times, something changed on Sporting’s side.

Mendes has his claws in both clubs involved, I am not sure if you understand how the market works especially with someone like Mendes.

avgp_1

They'll be recovering some from the sale of Gibbs-White I presume.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I'm not saying we are in for him. I'm saying we literally have been outspent by bloody Wolves. They've already spent more than us and are about to spend another £40m.
I just think that we are just looking specifically at who ETH wants. The problem with that is:

1) H has a small Rolodex just by the players that we have bought and/or are linked with. It's clear that Overmars has the bigger Rolodex of agents and players. ETH is a tracksuit manager.
2) The players that he has shopped from in the past are different classes. We normally shop at Waitrose whilst in the past, he has always shopped at Lidl.

SportingCP96

Supports
Whats Mendes' business model?
He circulates players through his clubs and money is in constant rotation, Famalicão were able to build a talented team of players placed their by Mendes, then flipped over to Sporting guys like Pote.

Or even Felix for “120M” for Benfica then to get a number of players for insane fees.

Wolves is the most blatant of them all, 8-9 Portugais players all in the team all of their agente are Jorge Mendes.

Their are outliers when the big clubs come calling but he always tries to move players within his clubs.

Like I said, if Nunes goes to Wolves, Watch how fast Sporting get Horta from Braga for “25M”

sglowrider

He circulates players through his clubs and money is in constant rotation, Famalicão were able to build a talented team of players placed their by Mendes, then flipped over to Sporting guys like Pote.

Or even Felix for “120M” for Benfica then to get a number of players for insane fees.

Wolves is the most blatant of them all, 8-9 Portugais players all in the team all of their agente are Jorge Mendes.

Their are outliers when the big clubs come calling but he always tries to move players within his clubs.

Like I said, if Nunes goes to Wolves, Watch how fast Sporting get Horta from Braga for “25M”
Great platform for money laundering. So much can be hidden.

SportingCP96

Supports
Great platform for money laundering. So much can be hidden.
Just type Jorge Mendes clubs on Google and look at all the players that circulate within his clubs, it’s disgusting. He’s good at what he does but he’s hated by everyone in Portugal.

In Portugal they call big money dealing involving him “Mendilhoes”.

Benfica in reality only saw maybe half of the money in that deal with atlético. Valencia is another club as well “owned” by Mendes

Hence a huge talent like cancelo went to Valencia for 15M same with Andre Gomes , same with Enzo Perez same with garay, same with Guedes.

None of these things are coincidences.

All those Portuguese guys wolves have come from clubs that Mendes is a part of.

Fábio Silva for “40M” a guy with 12 first team appearances?

If you look at his dealings they are so shady. He is a super agent for a reason.

Last edited:

sglowrider

Just type Jorge Mendes clubs on Google and look at all the players that circulate within his clubs, it’s disgusting. He’s good at what he does but he’s hated by everyone in Portugal.

In Portugal they call big money dealing involving him “Mendilhoes”.

Benfica in reality only saw maybe half of the money in that deal with atlético. Valencia is another club as well “owned” by Mendes

Hence a huge talent like cancelo went to Valencia for 15M same with Andre Gomes , same with Enzo Perez same with garage, same with Guedes.

None of these things are coincidences.

All those Portuguese guys wolves have come from clubs that Mendes is a part of.

Fábio Silva for “40M” a guy with 12 first team appearances?

If you look at his dealings they are so shady. He is a super agent for a reason.
Its amazing how blatant it is and yet nobody has investigated the money trail?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
And we take risky punts like £ 50 million plus add-ons on a midget CB -- who we hope will be an outlier of outliers as far as short centre-backs are concerned.
His height had no bearing on the outcome of the match.

SportingCP96

Supports

sglowrider

https://syndication.bleacherreport....er-agent-has-built-a-football-empire.amp.html

His dealings have also been investigated in the past but as many people with a lot of power I am sure he covers his tracks well.

Like I told the other poster, these dealings are not all black and white….this is not career mode. Other things are at play.
Interesting read. I wasn't aware of FC Famalicao.

The 'investors' must know that the financial bylaws within UEFA and the respective domestic football associations must be so slack. And there lies the opportunities.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Need the idiots JM RA Glazers Ronaldo Bruno…anyone to get in and high jack this deal. Exactly the type of player we are crying out for, would change our midfield for the better.

sglowrider

Need the idiots JM RA Glazers Ronaldo Bruno…anyone to get in and high jack this deal. Exactly the type of player we are crying out for, would change our midfield for the better.
I think as SportingCP has suggested, this deal's outcome may have been predetermined.