Mats Hummels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Think he is quality and would improve us easily. A better version of Blind.

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
It's that time of the year again. The annual Bayern poaching of Dortmund's best players.
Its that time of the year again. The annual default Bayern transfer policy myth. Bayern "poached" as many players from BVB in the last 7 years as Real Madrid and, for that matter, United - 1, Götze. Lewy was end of contract and free agent. Neither him nor Götze would still wear yellow had they not joined Bayern.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Bild reporting he's off to Bayern. €10m a year and €30m fee.
Must be frustrating for Dortmund fans. As soon as they look strong again, captain fecks off.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Bild reporting he's off to Bayern. €10m a year and €30m fee.
Must be frustrating for Dortmund fans. As soon as they look strong again, captain fecks off.
Afaik today's report "only" suggests that he has a contract ready to sign.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Christ. Don't the Dortmund players realise there are other clubs to sign for?

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Christ. Don't the Dortmund players realise there are other clubs to sign for?
I guess if they want to stay in Germany (family, friends etc) then there really is only viable one option.
Not sure what is salary is (I have found figures from £30k to £200k a week - and I suspect it is somewhere in the middle) but I imagine the only club in Germany who can offer comparable wages to PSG, City, Real, Barca etc are Bayern - plus he was there as a youngster and they happen to be one of the best squads in the world... tough for Dortmund fans but you can see why Hummles would be interested

arthurka

But but but BVB players should always go to another club in better or bigger leagues..
Bayern are always taking the best players from their rivals, have done it for decades.. Young or old you can bet your bottom dollar they will snatch any good player in Germany. Dortmund would have a awesome squad of players if they had a chance of keeping their best players. Hummels being a Munchen youth player and all this was on the cards all the time he was at BVB.. I think he is a great defender but he is not suited for the PL..

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
I guess if they want to stay in Germany (family, friends etc) then there really is only viable one option.
Not sure what is salary is (I have found figures from £30k to £200k a week - and I suspect it is somewhere in the middle) but I imagine the only club in Germany who can offer comparable wages to PSG, City, Real, Barca etc are Bayern - plus he was there as a youngster and they happen to be one of the best squads in the world... tough for Dortmund fans but you can see why Hummles would be interested
Hummels moving to Bayern would make some sense in terms of wanting to return to his home club (though he's already said in the past that he doesn't want to return), but the most frustrating thing is that no one seems to give a feck about the fans. It'd also make him look pretty stupid after his comments on Gotze's move to Bayern 3 years ago.

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man
Bild also mentions that Chelsea offers 70m euros for Miki. Would be sad, if Dortmund lose all 3 this summer, of course they would get huge money, but will be pretty tough to replace them.

Norris

I can only imagine the reactions those Dortmund fans will give if this transpires. Hummels is better off in La Liga or PL.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Watzke said that it's between Dortmund and Bayern for Hummels, but I don't think he's insinuating anything either way.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Couple those comments with Hummels recent comments and it's pretty certain it's Bayern.

Amazing back tracking from Mats.

Fer

It wouldn't surprise me but €30m? I hope we don't end up signing Stones for tons of money when Hummels is cheaper. I remember some bad comments that Hummels did about Gotze moving to Bayern.

It seems that Bayern, Juventus and PSG are going to continue dominating their leagues.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
I'm no fan of Hummels' interviews, but his comments about Götze aren't really that big a contradiction if he moves to Bayern now. He said in 2013 that he doesn't understand that Götze would leave the team so early at a time when it looked reasonable to believe that Dortmund could continue to challenge Bayern to a few trophies in the near future. Obviously Dortmund ran into a few problems (injuries, a few bad transfers, a few players struggling for form a bit too long) after the CL final, but the point he made was that it's just too early for Götze to move on. I don't think Hummels ever actually criticised Götze for the choice of his destination, at least not in the way many fans now make it sound.

Not that fans will care of course and Dortmund fans have every right to feel betrayed and annoyed and I still hope he extends and stays at Dortmund. The surprising part to me is that the problems between the club and his father are solved. Somehow I always thought that there was some bad blood between Bayern and the Hummels family and expected that to be the reason for him never coming back.

Revan

Assumptionman
He would be a perfect partner for Smalling. Essentially, a bigger and stronger version of Blind.

Shame that he's going to Bayern, while we burn 50m on Stones.

Adisa

Might not be much of a taboo. But if it happened here he would be slaughtered. What surprises me, is Dortmund don't seem bothered.
It's shit from Hummels. He could sign for any team he wanted to.

Red_toad

I have the bad feeling he would replace Smalling. Right footed and a better passer.
Blind & Hummels, would get raped by the likes of Vardy, as neither have any pace.
But anyways he wants to win stuff & i very much doubt we're going to be winning the title or champions league next season, or even being in a better position than Dortmund. So he won't be looking to join us.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Might not be much of a taboo. But if it happened here he would be slaughtered. What surprises me, is Dortmund don't seem bothered.
It's shit from Hummels. He could sign for any team he wanted to.
Of course they're bothered, but what can they do? What was Arsenal supposed to do when van Persie and Nasri pushed for moves to English top teams? And what does 'slaughtered' mean? Last time I checked, van Persie, Nasri or Mata were still alive. There'll be loud criticism in the media and his first return to Dortmund most certainly wouldn't be nice if he decides to move to Bayern. It's regularly happening in all top leagues. Atletico lost Arda Turan to Barca last summer for example. That's pretty mental considering he couldn't even play in the first half of the season because of the transfer ban. You regularly see players move between the Italian top teams, some actually played for all of the top 3 clubs like Pirlo or Ibra. Dortmund isn't any better than Bayern either, they constantly try to buy the best players of the other CL participants like they signed Leverkusen's best player of last season or Reus a few seasons back from Gladbach. Draxler moved from Schalke to Wolfsburg last summer. It's just not that big a deal to see players move between top clubs in a league. Even Barca and Real have a history of players moving between them (Schuster, Laudrup and Figo).

It's more one sided in the Bundesliga because no second team could establish themselves as a permant elite side next to Bayern, I give you that. And it's a bit of a problem for the league, but the moves in itself aren't really that controversial.

Adisa

Of course they're bothered, but what can they do? What was Arsenal supposed to do when van Persie and Nasri pushed for moves to English top teams? And what does 'slaughtered' mean? Last time I checked, van Persie, Nasri or Mata were still alive. There'll be loud criticism in the media and his first return to Dortmund most certainly wouldn't be nice if he decides to move to Bayern. It's regularly happening in all top leagues. Atletico lost Arda Turan to Barca last summer for example. That's pretty mental considering he couldn't even play in the first half of the season because of the transfer ban. You regularly see players move between the Italian top teams, some actually played for all of the top 3 clubs like Pirlo or Ibra. Dortmund isn't any better than Bayern either, they constantly try to buy the best players of the other CL participants like they signed Leverkusen's best player of last season or Reus a few seasons back from Gladbach. Draxler moved from Schalke to Wolfsburg last summer. It's just not that big a deal to see players move between top clubs in a league. Even Barca and Real have a history of players moving between them (Schuster, Laudrup and Figo).

It's more one sided in the Bundesliga because no second team could establish themselves as a permant elite side next to Bayern, I give you that. And it's a bit of a problem for the league, but the moves in itself aren't really that controversial.
What I mean by slaughtered is if it looked like a captain of a top club looked destined for a rival, his life would be very uncomfortable with his fans. I haven't seen any reaction from Dortmund fans. They seem to be taking it on the chin.

Taxx

I'm a big fan of his, and would love him here. But based on his comments, it seems like he's Bayern-bound.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I will lose some respect for him if he signs for Bayern, do not want him at United though

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

cyberman

What I mean by slaughtered is if it looked like a captain of a top club looked destined for a rival, his life would be very uncomfortable with his fans. I haven't seen any reaction from Dortmund fans. They seem to be taking it on the chin.
Like a battered housewife they have grown to know their place.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
How about: http://www.tz.de/sport/fc-bayern/ma...ayern-muenchen-borussia-dortmund-2645076.html (from late November, 2012)

Which roughly translates to "I don't care about Bayern, I completely lost my connection to the club." "By now I am Borussia through and through".
It's not a comment about Götze and it doesn't say anything negative about Bayern? And no one would believe Hummels if he all of a sudden declared that a move back to Bayern was always his dream or something like that. If he ever says something like that, I'd hate him even more than I already do because it's clearly not true. Going back to Munich is a smart career choice for him. He'll earn more money, has a better chance to win the CL and his family is back home which probably plays a big role at this stage of his life. That's all fair enough.

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
I would have him, he's not perfect but he's at a good age and is good on the ball. Him alongside a further established Smalling would be boss.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
It's not a comment about Götze and it doesn't say anything negative about Bayern? And no one would believe Hummels if he all of a sudden declared that a move back to Bayern was always his dream or something like that. If he ever says something like that, I'd hate him even more than I already do because it's clearly not true. Going back to Munich is a smart career choice for him. He'll earn more money, has a better chance to win the CL and his family is back home which probably plays a big role at this stage of his life. That's all fair enough.
Oh yeah, I thought you guys were talking a bit about stuff that might come back to haunt him in general. Knowing Hummels' usual statements I'd fully expect him to say something about how his move is about unfinished business, how the past was always nagging at him and how he's now completing the circle. And how fully he understands the anger from Dortmund fans and how he will bear that cross, because he is so sophisticated and different.

I don't think anyone doesn't understand why a move to Bayern is smart in many aspects, what's bothering people more is that players aren't honest about it. For example people were outraged at Götze, but respectful towards Lewandowski, or the reactions towards Draxler vs Neuer after their moves.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Oh yeah, I thought you guys were talking a bit about stuff that might come back to haunt him in general. Knowing Hummels' usual statements I'd fully expect him to say something about how his move is about unfinished business, how the past was always nagging at him and how he's now completing the circle.

I don't think anyone doesn't understand why a move to Bayern is smart in many aspects, what's bothering people more is that players aren't honest about it. For example people were outraged at Götze, but respectful towards Lewandowski, or the reactions towards Draxler vs Neuer after their moves.
At least to some degree football fans simply won't accept that players might change their opinion about clubs. I don't think it's impossible to be a Schalke fan growing up like Neuer was and buying into the whole fan culture but then learn to respect Bayern as a club once you're a professional footballer after you matured as a person. Fans usually deny that possibility even exists and call you a traitor or dishonest even though you might not have been at any time in your life.

I'd rather have a player emotionally invested in my club even if he plans to leave later by the way. Sure I'll be more angry and annoyed and frustrated, if he leaves, but in the end that's part of supporting a football club. I'd much rather love a player for a few years at my club and then hate him for a few years at a different club than feel indifferent towards him throughout his career no matter where he plays. But then, I got lucky growing up as a Bayern fan and living through decades of success so I'm spoilt and it's easy for me to say that. I still think there's some truth to it though.

schwalbe

Supports
Fc Bayern München
I really don't want to see him in a Bayern shirt, that would be unbearable. I seriously dislike "3 errors a season" Mats.

NoLogo

Blind & Hummels, would get raped by the likes of Vardy, as neither have any pace.
But anyways he wants to win stuff & i very much doubt we're going to be winning the title or champions league next season, or even being in a better position than Dortmund. So he won't be looking to join us.
I reckon he will end up at either Barca or Bayern.

NoLogo

Well given the injury crisis they seem to suffer at the back in recent years it makes sense bringing in a new CB but of course I guess Dortmund supporters would prefer him going to Barca instead of Bayern.

schwalbe

Supports
Fc Bayern München
3 errors a season isn't bad.
I don't recall the exact circumstances but Hummels once said that he makes maybe three errors a season. I think that was at a time when he made approximately three errors per game, so he got the nickname "3 Fehler Mats"(3 errors Mats). Mostly Bayern fans call him that.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I never expected Hummels to stay at Dortmund for the rest of his career but Bayern....? Feck me. Gotze, Lewandowski, Hummels.

Status
Not open for further replies.