Not open for further replies.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Don't rate him that highly, this transfers is also bad for football IMO

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
So what's the point of even playing the season? It's like the French league now where one monopoly decimates everyone and hoovers up all the talent from their rivals. So lame.

If I were a supporter of PSG or Bayern I'm not sure I could even take pride in winning titles these days. It's like taking candy from a baby or beating up your little brother.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
So what's the point of even playing the season? It's like the French league now where one monopoly decimates everyone and hoovers up all the talent from their rivals. So lame.

If I were a supporter of PSG or Bayern I'm not sure I could even take pride in winning titles these days. It's like taking candy from a baby or beating up your little brother.
Tell that to the 2012-2014 Dortmund teams or Atletico in 2013-2014 or Leicester this season for that matter.

Brophs

The One and Only
Its ridiculous how often Bayern to this to BvB :lol: Closest I can think of in the PL is City and Arsenal.
And yet, in hindsight, all Arsenal have done is send them a load of old tat. Toure, Clichy, Adebayor and Nasri. Not one has been anything approaching a roaring success.

Crossie

Supports
vibrant attacking football
Neither. He's just incredibly annoying.
You could practice yoga or sip some valerian infusion. Take a deep breath, in .... and out .... and in ... ommmmmmm ... :angel:

Frankly, I'm neither surprised nor annoyed he leaves us. He made himself into a comedian how homesick he is after even recently saying he wants to play abroad but hey, that's his business, not mine.

BarstoolProphet

Dortmund replaced Kagawa with Reus (from a rival), Götze with Mikhitaryan and Lewandowski with Aubameyang. And this summer Dembele (who everyone drools over) for Mikhitaryan? Apart from Klopp's last season, they have done very well in replacing their departed stars without harming their title credentials too much.

Obviously, they would probably be closer to Bayern if they had kept all of their stars, but I wouldn't compare the German league with the French one yet. There's lot of examples where Bayern have missed out on top German talents. Most notably Reus, Vidal (the first time) and Özil. And Pep is gone this summer. Imagine if they re-hired van Gaal :drool:

I'm more curious about who they're gonna replace Gündogan with.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
He's overrated anyway. Knowing Dortmund's transfer record, they'll probably replace him with someone good.

Crossie

Supports
Dortmund replaced Kagawa with Reus (from a rival), Götze with Mikhitaryan and Lewandowski with Aubameyang. And this summer Dembele (who everyone drools over) for Mikhitaryan? Apart from Klopp's last season, they have done very well in replacing their departed stars without harming their title credentials too much.

Obviously, they would probably be closer to Bayern if they had kept all of their stars, but I wouldn't compare the German league with the French one yet. There's lot of examples where Bayern have missed out on top German talents. Most notably Reus, Vidal (the first time) and Özil. And Pep is gone this summer. Imagine if they re-hired van Gaal :drool:

I'm more curious about who they're gonna replace Gündogan with.
That's hard to tell. It could be Castro, it could be Götze, it could be Merino, it could be someone coming in we don't know yet about. Tuchel's mantra, which he also was striving for at Mainz, is to play as flexible as possible and to be independent from the skills of one single player. That's one of the reasons I'm also very relaxed about Hummels leaving.

Brown Toothpick

Supports
FC Barcelona
I'm willing to bet that Bayern won't win the league next season. With or without Hummels. That being said, he should move abroad.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
The Bundesliga is becoming a league 1 slowly, it wont do Bayern good in the long run.
Hummels leaving is obviously bad for the league, but it's still a very long way off from L1.

schwalbe

Supports
Fc Bayern München
Guessing Benatia is on his way out?
Hope so, he's probably the worst transfer in recent years. The only one who comes close is Götze. Another CB would be great though, maybe someone young. Badstuber is too often injured and i wouldn't be surprised if Ancelotti plans with martinez in midfield.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
With Hummels a lot depends on form, he made way too many mistakes in 13/14 when he was "tired of football" or in 14/15 when he "ate too much because he was frustrated". But this season he's basically been nothing but great and I could see him keeping that up at Bayern, because they aren't as forgiving in these things as Dortmund.

Crossie

Supports
I'm willing to bet that Bayern won't win the league next season. With or without Hummels. That being said, he should move abroad.
Deal, I say they will. :D Let's check back mid/end of May 2017.

Xivon

Supports
Bayern Munich
As a player I'll welcome him, as a person not so much. Takes a special kind to feck off to the closes rival when talking so much about 'Echte Liebe' for so long.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Cracking signing. Not much doubt who'll have the best back 4 in world football now (in terms of names, on performances it'll be hard to top Atlético)

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
What an awful week of football this is.
Have fun with the fraud ;). As bonus you also get one of the most annoying plus ones in the country aswell.

Well, at least Hummels does not need to "think" about it anymore and lose sleep in the process. Good move by our officials to make this adhoc statement (something we were not obliged to do). At least now we don´t need to wait until the cup final for this charade to end. Curious to see how the fraud tries to explain that away now without losing his whole face in public.

I don´t see him playing for us in any way, btw. What a sad end for a player who spend his whole professional career with us until now.

Bojan11

Hope a Roman or Sheikh type figure buys a German club and starts bidding for Bayerns players.

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
Nah, no need to pity us. We'll carry on, and IMO it's a big opportunity for Tuchel and us.
I'm just saying, Dortmund aren't exactly poor but they're not rich enough to get away with selling prime assets for next to nothing. Hummels with 3, heck even 2 years remaining is worth at least 30m Pounds to these cash rich EPL sides, even Bayern I guess. I get the thing with Lewa was to make a statement but there's no problem this time around. In my estimation they'll get at least 20m less then they could have made.

cyberman

Dortmund will find a cheap young talented CB and he will be worth £40m in 3 years time.
If it's that easy why would they wait until they sell Hummels to do so?
Im sure Leverkusen etc thought they could continue this way as well.

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man
I can understand it from Hummels perspective. He wants to move to one of the very big clubs, but Real doesn't need a CB, Barca probably could do with one but it won't be someone like him because he is the same player type as Pique. So that's leave us with Bayern or a PL club like City, Chelsea or us and none of them is as attractive as Bayern right now. His familiy lives in Munich and he can stay in Germany and they could need a CB and it's probably nice to have the Germany CB pair at the club. So Bayern makes sense. But of course I can understand that BVB fans are annoyed, not because it's another player who moves to Bayern, but because he always acted like he is different and a BVB leader, who will stay there till the end or move abroad. That makes him look like a moron now, didn't he already said something stupid about Götze too when he moved. I hope Dortmund can keep Miki, because Gündogan will likely move too, to find a new good CB won't be easy, but they will get someone decent. I don't think they should take Götze in return, especially if Miki stays.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
If it's that easy why would they wait until they sell Hummels to do so?
Im sure Leverkusen etc thought they could continue this way as well.
Dortmund are already way bigger than Leverkusen or Bremen ever were in the past 20 years or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.