Mats Hummels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revan

Assumptionman
Dortmund and Spurs are actually comparable in terms of annual revenue. Now compare their results on the pitch and I know which person I want in charge. Tottenham´s best season in god knows how long is still now on the level of ours this year.
Dortmund are far much better run, but it is annoying to see their leaders/best players leave for Bayern every summer.

On all other aspect it is a club I admire and I want to see you winning the title from Bayern near as much as your fans, but contract extensions is something that hopefully you'll improve on. I don't think that there is a weaker club on that aspect.

In fact, I think that some other club now would refuse to sell him just in principle, or make a very difficult transfer. For example us with De Gea, who despite is the best keeper in the world and by far our best player, was watching Romero play each game in August.

Crossie

Supports
vibrant attacking football
Did he really say that publicly? While the season is still on?!
Through his Dad. He didn't have the guts to say it but kicked the scripted soap opera off by making a nebulous statement with tears in his eyes, rambling about how the decision he has to make is cutting into his night's sleep.

Djemba-Djemba

No. There was a statement of the club that he asked for a transfer to Bayern. Hummels has been quiet about it until now.
Is that not worse though?

Was he hoping to finish the season without the fans knowing? And then he could slink off in the Summer?

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Through his Dad. He didn't have the guts to say it but kicked the scripted soap opera off by making a nebulous statement with tears in his eyes, rambling about how the decision he has to make is cutting into his night's sleep.
Poor dear. I weep for him.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Insomnia.. eating disorders.. burn out syndrome.. Bayern are buying themselves a proper lemon..

Crossie

Supports
Dortmund are far much better run, but it is annoying to see their leaders/best players leave for Bayern every summer.

On all other aspect it is a club I admire and I want to see you winning the title from Bayern near as much as your fans, but contract extensions is something that hopefully you'll improve on. I don't think that there is a weaker club on that aspect.

In fact, I think that some other club now would refuse to sell him just in principle, or make a very difficult transfer. For example us with De Gea, who despite is the best keeper in the world and by far our best player, was watching Romero play each game in August.
I repeat, this is not playstation. It's preposterous how you ignore reality. @do.ob explained precisely why your ideas are terribly short-sighted and would hurt Dortmund, not strengthen them.

Xivon

Supports
Bayern Munich
Is that not worse though?

Was he hoping to finish the season without the fans knowing? And then he could slink off in the Summer?
Hummels himself started all the rumours with his weird interview after the DFB Pokal semi-final. He can't be stupid enough to not believe that the links to Bayern wouldn't start after that (he said that the fans would know how hard this decision is for him once the world knows) - and the very next day his father didn't exclude Bayern as a potential transfer club anymore.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I know it's difficult but it's in the Bundesliga's interest that BVB put a stop to this. What annoys me is that Bayern does this while Rumminege is busy campaigning for the European Super League.

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Insomnia.. eating disorders.. burn out syndrome.. Bayern are buying themselves a proper lemon..
Well, thankfully we have an International tourney in the Summer. We all know how he performs after these for a while. Difference now is, that Bayern will be way less lenient and his standing amongst the fans much lower (can´t wait for the "Koan Hummels" banners).

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Hummels himself started all the rumours with his weird interview after the DFB Pokal semi-final. He can't be stupid enough to not believe that the links to Bayern wouldn't start after that (he said that the fans would know how hard this decision is for him once the world knows) - and the very next day his father didn't exclude Bayern as a potential transfer club anymore.
That pathetic soap opera was quite obviously the beginning of his campaign so save face. The sad thing is that no one will call him and his father out for treating the public like naive, drooling, idiots.

Revan

Assumptionman
I repeat, this is not playstation. It's preposterous how you ignore reality. @do.ob explained precisely why your ideas are terribly short-sighted and would hurt Dortmund, not strengthen them.
If you repeat it another 5 times, I might start to believe that it isn't playstation.

Point is, clubs with lesser resources and even bigger predators than Bayern resist selling their top players to big rivals. You hardly see Spurs selling their top players to any English team despite that no-one bar Arsenal considers them rivals. Or Liverpool selling to other English top teams. You hardly see Atletico selling their best players to Real.

If they can do it, then why Dortmund can't?

Djemba-Djemba

I know it's difficult but it's in the Bundesliga's interest that BVB put a stop to this. What annoys me is that Bayern does this while Rumminege is busy campaigning for the European Super League.
It really is, and it may take a while but eventually it'll start to affect Bayern too being so utterly dominant in their own league. There's already signs of it happening in Europe recently when they get to the semi finals and don't seem to be able to raise their game.

Sphaero

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
That pathetic soap opera was quite obviously the beginning of his campaign so save face. The sad thing is that no one will call him and his father out for treating the public like naive, drooling, idiots.
That will be handled by the yellow wall and the rest of the Westfalenstadium. I actually expect his treatment to be worse than Götze´s. With Götze there was a lot of projection of the "hate" towards Bayern onto him (he was also to blame, but in the end he was a 20 year old kid, who got his head turned). This is far more personal, as Hummels profiled himself as a far bigger figure of the club.

cyberman

Liverpool refused to sell Suarez to Arsenal. Stones from Everton to Chelsea. Southampton stood their ground with Wanyma, Mane and Schneirderlin.
Plenty of clubs have refused to sell to their rivals. Levy is the best example of this.
If a player doesn't join Dortmund because they know they wont be sold to their direct rivals then that's a step in the right direction.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Liverpool refused to sell Suarez to Arsenal. Stones from Everton to Chelsea. Southampton stood their ground with Wanyma, Mane and Schneirderlin.
Plenty of clubs have refused to sell to their rivals. Levy is the best example of this.
If a player doesn't join Dortmund because they know they wont be sold to their direct rivals then that's a step in the right direction.
How many of them had one year left on their contract?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Inter benched Pandev and Sneijder. Chelsea did the same to Malouda .

Heinze took United to court to force a move to Liverpool . United still didn't budge.

Players don't have all the power.
What a plonker. :lol:

Donut

Weren't Bayern fans strongly against signing Neuer as well?

I'm sure they'll love Hummels as soon as he puts on their shirt. We football fans are like this...

Sphaero

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Dont wait until a player has a year left would be the answer to that.
So we clear out the squad of any player who refuses to extend early, get a huge sum in the process (which every club will be aware of) and are left with half the starting line up. Brilliant idea.

Look, it sucks for Dortmund supporter to lose players to a rival, but the alternatives are far worse. If we would use the tactics you suggest, we would not have the squad we currently have and would need to replace even more players every Summer. In the end there is only one party who gets the short end of the stick here: Borussia Dortmund.

Crossie

Supports
@Revan
It's very simple and amazing that you don't see it.

If Dortmund won't sell to Bayern, players leave on a free. Fantastic business which will no doubt make us more competitive. I'm sure we'll win the treble if we're folowing it. Alternatively, players with huge potential won't join Dortmund. A promising business model as well. Bayern will be scared.

The situation in England is entirely different because you have more clubs able to pay big money,almost guarantee titles. nd: Götze and Hummels are both Germans who, very similar to English players, are happy in their comfort zone. How many English players exactly had offers from German, Italian or Spanish clubs and moved abroad?

Another aspect:
Götze's parents are from Bavaria, the club he rooted for before his parents moved to Dortmund (at the age of 6-7) was Bayern. Hummels played for years in Bayern's academy, was a Klinsmann reject and therefore got loaned to Dortmund.

BarstoolProphet

Weren't Bayern fans strongly against signing Neuer as well?

I'm sure they'll love Hummels as soon as he puts on their shirt. We football fans are like this...

A section of Bayern's fans, "ultras" with a twisted mindset if you like, opposed the Neuer signing but in reality the majority of Bayern fans was pro the transfer.

Brown Toothpick

Supports
FC Barcelona
I also think that there is a good chance that BVB will win the league. Ancelotti is atrocious when it comes to long races.
Exactly. No rotations and runs his players to the ground. The transition will take it's toll too and I guess BVB will make it up in points and edge it in the end.

Crossie

Supports
Dont wait until a player has a year left would be the answer to that.
Again, even if you do that players can say NO. It may be a weird thought to you but they can.

We extended with Aubameyang last summer (2015) although he had a contract until 2018. He said YES (contract now until 2020). See the difference?

cyberman

So we clear out the squad of any player who refuses to extend early, get a huge sum in the process (which every club will be aware of) and are left with half the starting line up. Brilliant idea.

Look, it sucks for Dortmund supporter to lose players to a rival, but the alternatives are far worse. If we would use the tactics you suggest, we would not have the squad we currently have and would need to replace even more players every Summer. In the end there is only one party who gets the short end of the stick here: Borussia Dortmund.
No you can leave yourselves with options. Many clubs have the principal of sorting contracts early to avoid situations like this.
Who is the last top Dortmund player who waited until they had a year left that didn't look for a move?

Truedevil

What a cnut. Coming out like that as a captain before cup final.

Also Bundesliga has become a bit of a joke recently, they could just hand Bayern the league title in August and be done with it.

Crossie

Supports
You should have more faith in your team.
Oh don't worry, I have. I have faith we'll rock it in the cup and also in the Champions League. The Bundesliga is more difficult as you can see this season, the slightest slip and you've lost it.

Out of 31 games this season, we had (IIRC):
23 wins
5 draws
3 losses

That's not bad but we're still 7 points behind Bayern.

Deleted member 78215

Dortmund and Spurs are actually comparable in terms of annual revenue. Now compare their results on the pitch and I know which person I want in charge. Tottenham´s best season in god knows how long is still now on the level of ours this year.
Easy now, you'll awake the beast.

Brown Toothpick

Supports
FC Barcelona
Oh don't worry, I have. I have faith we'll rock it in the cup and also in the Champions League. The Bundesliga is more difficult as you can see this season, the slightest slip and you've lost it.

Out of 31 games this season, we had (IIRC):
23 wins
5 draws
3 losses

That's not bad but we're still 7 points behind Bayern.
That's Pep's Bayern. I'm sure they won't be as consistent next season and will drop more points.

Crossie

Supports
Inter benched Pandev and Sneijder. Chelsea did the same to Malouda .

Heinze took United to court to force a move to Liverpool . United still didn't budge.

Players don't have all the power.
Dream on to compare Inter, Chelsea and United to Dortmund. The circumstances are entirely different.

Crossie

Supports
That's Pep's Bayern. I'm sure they won't be as consistent next season and will drop more points.
I won't mind if it happened but don't think so. Some people thought it would take Pep one season to get going and someone could capitalize but we know how it ended. Furthermore, we as Dortmund have to integrate new players (partially new to the league and very young) in key positions. I'm very confident but at the same time realistic.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
Pathetic state of affairs when the only other club in the German league that possibly could have even near the resources to consistently compete with Bayern has to sell their top players to them every year.

Really weakens the competition in my eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.