g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Mats Hummels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revan

Assumptionman
I'm willing to bet that Bayern won't win the league next season. With or without Hummels. That being said, he should move abroad.
I also think that there is a good chance that BVB will win the league. Ancelotti is atrocious when it comes to long races.

Xivon

Supports
Bayern Munich
I also think that there is a good chance that BVB will win the league. Ancelotti is atrocious when it comes to long races.
And it's Tuchels second season, the players are used to him by now.

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
Cracking signing. Not much doubt who'll have the best back 4 in world football now (in terms of names, on performances it'll be hard to top Atlético)
Neuer
Lahm Boateng Hummels Alaba
Martinez Vidal
:drool: Hope Ancelotti can get it to shine.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Will Hummels even make it through the medical? With him suffering from insomnia and all?

Revan

Assumptionman
Dortmund are a bit of idiots though. After Goetze and Lewa, they should have sold any good player who have less than 2 years on their contract and who is not willing to resign. Keeping your best players with just one year left on contract while the league has a predator like Bayern is not very smart.

So I guess, Reus in 2018 is next. His contract ends in 2019, right?

cyberman

Dortmund are already way bigger than Leverkusen or Bremen ever were in the past 20 years or so.
Yes but the difference between Bayern and the rest is way bigger as well.
The danger is nobody will go to Dortmund to win things. Go to Dortmund, make a name for yourself and aim for a bigger move.
After a comeback season Dortmund will lose their best defender, best midfielder and their star striker is talking about dreams of Madrid and wanting to play in both England and Spain.
If the manager finds a way to cope with all of this and builds again how long before he is headhunted? By the time Ancelotti leaves Bayern they will come knocking again imo.

Crossie

Supports
vibrant attacking football
I'm just saying, Dortmund aren't exactly poor but they're not rich enough to get away with selling prime assets for next to nothing. Hummels with 3, heck even 2 years remaining is worth at least 30m Pounds to these cash rich EPL sides, even Bayern I guess. I get the thing with Lewa was to make a statement but there's no problem this time around. In my estimation they'll get at least 20m less then they could have made.
That's only correct if
A) There had been offers of that range and
B) Hummels would have been interested in those offers.

I don't believe the recent Barcelona rumors have any substance, Chelsea might have made him an offer but they are no option for him. He wasn't linked with any other big club from abroad. Not that those links reflect any kind of reality, just saying. So I wonder if the situation was either extending, signing for Bayern or for Chelsea.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
The danger is nobody will go to Dortmund to win things. Go to Dortmund, make a name for yourself and aim for a bigger move.
After a comeback season Dortmund will lose their best defender, best midfielder and their star striker is talking about dreams of Madrid and wanting to play in both England and Spain.
If the manager finds a way to cope with all of this and builds again how long before he is headhunted? By the time Ancelotti leaves Bayern will come knocking again imo.
Well that wouldn't exactly be a new development. Dortmund (at least under Watzke and Zorc) was always aiming for steady mid to long term development and not for instant success.

Dortmund are a bit of idiots though. After Goetze and Lewa, they should have sold any good player who have less than 2 years on their contract and who is not willing to resign. Keeping your best players with just one year left on contract while the league has a predator like Bayern is not very smart.

First of all I'm not sure whether or not they even expected Hummels to potentially join Bayern, since he always acted like that was a big nono for him. Secondly I'm not sure whether or not there were great offers for Hummels, since he was in pretty bad shape for large parts of the previous two seasons and last but not least the player would've had to agree to being shipped out.

Crossie

Supports

It's amazing how many fans think players can be sold like a sack of potatos. Slavery is prohibited in Europe, and rightfully so.

Revan

Assumptionman
It's amazing how many fans think players can be sold like a sack of potatos. Slavery is prohibited in Europe, and rightfully so.
It is also amazing that there is a single 'big' club who does repeatedly the same.

BVB could have given Hummels three options: 1) sign; 2) leave immediately for a foreign team; 3) be dropped.

Otherwise, this was going to happen. Bayern is a significantly bigger club than Dortmund, who wins far more trophies, and gives bigger wages to their players. Obviously, Hummels would leave BVB for Bayern, same as Reus* will do in a year or two.

* I know that he didn't want to go to Bayern back then, but that was because he wasn't going to start for Bayern. If one of Costa/Coman doesn't play good enough to be their starter for the next following years, Reus can easily change clubs.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Hummels is a pretty poor defender, tbh. He looked completely average in the World Cup and always looks so vulnerable playing a high-line, which is what Bayern do a lot.

ravi2

I would rather leave the country than annoy fans who have supported me for years like that.

He's made some pretty strong statements about Gotze leaving, its like he has no conscience.
I thought he was a man of honour, he will deserve everything he gets.

I hope BVB does everything in their power not to let this happen. This is not good for them or Bayern in the long run.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
It is also amazing that there is a single 'big' club who does repeatedly the same.

BVB could have given Hummels three options: 1) sign; 2) leave immediately for a foreign team; 3) be dropped.

Otherwise, this was going to happen. Bayern is a significantly bigger club than Dortmund, who wins far more trophies, and gives bigger wages to their players. Obviously, Hummels would leave BVB for Bayern, same as Reus* will do in a year or two.

* I know that he didn't want to go to Bayern back then, but that was because he wasn't going to start for Bayern. If one of Costa/Coman doesn't play good enough to be their starter for the next following years, Reus can easily change clubs.
Yeah. Just tell the captain that you'll "drop him" for two years. :lol:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Club captain saying publicly, that he wants to join ther biggest rivals. Slap on the face.

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
If the manager finds a way to cope with all of this and builds again how long before he is headhunted? By the time Ancelotti leaves Bayern they will come knocking again imo.
Despite losing key players nearly every year, we either won a title or stood in a final for five years now. We are going for a 80+ points season this year, which would give us the title the moment Bayern lose some of their crazy consistency.

The gulf between Bayern and Dortmund is pretty large, but so is the one between Dortmund and the rest. Even without Gündogan or Hummels we would have had the second strongest team in the country and would have finished in the CL spots quite comfortably. Now we will get enough money to buy replacements. After a horror season 2014/2015 we went and bought one of Leverkusens key players, who turned down the chance to play CL for playing with us in the EL. If anything this move could cause a domino effect, that we will buy one of a rivals CB in return.

Djemba-Djemba

You'd be worried if you were the head of the Bundesliga.

Bayern's complete dominance shows no signs of stopping, can't be good for the league. The only hope is that Ancelotti isn't very good at winning league titles, maybe that will hurt Bayern?

ravi2

Hummels is a pretty poor defender, tbh. He looked completely average in the World Cup and always looks so vulnerable playing a high-line, which is what Bayern do a lot.
Perhaps but Lahm Boateng Hummels Alaba would be a very strong backline IMO.

Xivon

Supports
Bayern Munich
Will be interesting to see how the fans will react this Saturday.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Dortmund should sign Levy as consultant for these cases.
It's just a ridiculous idea. Dortmund would basically burn like €30m, plus Hummels wages, they would send a terrible signal to every single player they one day might want to sign, they would feck over their team hierarchy and they would weaken themselves, because they probably won't be able to replace Hummels 1:1 even if they get a good fee for him, let alone if they bury him and get nothing.
And for what exaclty?

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Dortmund should sign Levy as consultant for these cases.
Dortmund and Spurs are actually comparable in terms of annual revenue. Now compare their results on the pitch and I know which person I want in charge. Tottenham´s best season in god knows how long is still now on the level of ours this year.

Crossie

Supports

I'm sorry but this isn't playstation but real life. It simply doesn't work that way.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Are they guaranteed 2nd place, if yes I wouldn't play him. Let it be a nice surprise for him when he comes back with Bayern next season.
As long as the transfer isn't finalized Dortmund probably won't burn Hummels bridges entirely, because they need the credible threat of keeping him for another year for the fee negotiations.

Did he really say that publicly? While the season is still on?!
Nah. Mats 'I can't go by a microphone without voicing my very deep and sophisticated opinion' Hummels is nowhere to be seen/heard/read these days.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Dortmund and Spurs are actually comparable in terms of annual revenue. Now compare their results on the pitch and I know which person I want in charge. Tottenham´s best season in god knows how long is still now on the level of ours this year.
Spurs have 5 much richer clubs to compete with

Status
Not open for further replies.