Matthijs de Ligt / signs for Juventus, lowering their average age to 56

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I thought Castles was another one of the Caf's persona non Grata journos. I guess it's different if he's delivering 'good news'. Understandable to a certain extent but probably best to remember that he's usually classified as an absolute shite talker.
Not like that at all. He gets a lot of bad rep but he was very reliable when Jose was here. Obviously now he’s hot and miss.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Not like that at all. He gets a lot of bad rep but he was very reliable when Jose was here. Obviously now he’s hot and miss.
I wouldn't say that he was very reliable while Jose was here. More that Jose (or somebody on his team) would feed Castles what they wanted reported. That made him more reliable than he normally was, but there was still a lot of rubbish.

Paxi

I wouldn't say that he was very reliable while Jose was here. More that Jose (or somebody on his team) would feed Castles what they wanted reported. That made him more reliable than he normally was, but there was still a lot of rubbish.
In terms of transfer stories he was. He broke Pogba, Dalot etc

elnorte

Freaky fly day
He had sources when Mourinho was here but now that he's gone I'd be surprised if he knew anything.
I concur that he was seen as relatively reliable source during Jose's tenure. However, at other times he's been subject to countless amounts of abuse not just on a personal level for his perceived anti-United bias but on professional one as well for his supposed lack of journalistic credibility.

Anyway I don't suppose it really matters. If what he is now saying regarding de Lift is both positive and reliable that can only be good for the club. Obviously how this saga finally concludes itself is what really counts.

0le

Castles doesn't say anything new which we don't really know already. I guess the thing about City and Liverpool is interesting, but it sounds as if they are just using their names to generate more publicity. In the end, he will end up at Barcelona. Its no big deal because he was always going to be difficult to pry away from Barca. It would be much worse to lose a player to say, Arsenal or Chelsea.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
He's still very young, We need to get him away from uncle Jlingz if He signs for us.
Rashford has been infected now and dresses like a silly old man who tries too hard to look cool in a discotheque.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Rashy & JLingZ will fill him in on what playing for Utd is all about I'm sure.

:nervous:
Lingard: erm, mmm, mate, huh, come to United, erm, instagram, erm, hmmm, followers, twitter, ugh, erm, marketing, erm, mate, big club, money, hmmm, see ya in Manchester, right lad?
DeLigt: did not understand word you said, was that english language you just spoke? If so, crap, my english is horrible, I'm off to Spain.

Paxi

Here's a thread summing up what Castles said on his pod if anyones interested.

So he’s actually not saying that De Ligt will be going to United or gives us any new information really.

LInkash

Lingard: erm, mmm, mate, huh, come to United, erm, instagram, erm, hmmm, followers, twitter, ugh, erm, marketing, erm, mate, big club, money, hmmm, see ya in Manchester, right lad?
DeLigt: did not understand word you said, was that english language you just spoke? If so, crap, my english is horrible, I'm off to Spain.
Hmm...looking at his Instagram activity, it seems like he's big on making friends and influencing people so maybe the marketing side of things might be somewhat of a draw.

Red Devil Rising

Not at any point does he say United is his club of choice.

He says how riaola works is it would make sense to get him a move to United, only to then move him on after 2 or 3 years to a bigger club for more money again. So using United as a stepping stone

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Eh de beslissing? Is he going to copy Griezmann? I dont know which channel it's on..
I was making a bad joke but your response his worrying, he seems to be a little bit cheeky.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
If we are not interested then we should come out and say so. We shouldn’t be made look silly so that Raiola can make an extra buck

nainaisson

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
If we are not interested then we should come out and say so. We shouldn’t be made look silly so that Raiola can make an extra buck
Of course we are interested but we can't say anything publicly. If we deny being interested and he doesn't sign for Barca, we look foolish. If we admit we are interested and he signs for Barca, we look foolish. Imo, it's pretty obvious we have given an offer but aren't holding much hope he accepts it.

iKnowNothing

From the tweets about MDL that was posted above, the part that kinda worries me is the line that goes "..is pushing the narrative in the media that he (MDL) is going to be the savior at United".

I think all these footballers, their agents, their PR agencies are all making proper idiots out of us fans who are emotionally attached to our clubs.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Of course we are interested but we can't say anything publicly. If we deny being interested and he doesn't sign for Barca, we look foolish. If we admit we are interested and he signs for Barca, we look foolish. Imo, it's pretty obvious we have given an offer but aren't holding much hope he accepts it.
This is how I see it. We're a big club with supposedly huge ambitions and a poor squad/management/board to match. After having to endure 6 months of insults from our former manager, we went on to hire some rookie from Molde who had already proven himself to be out of depth at Cardiff. That manager took us 6th place after having his arse handled to him by his former club who already been relegated btw, proving that they probably made the right decision to sack him. Meanwhile our best players seem to want to leave and the majority of our squad is made up of either rubbish players who are more appropriate to fight in the relegation zone or washed up players who were great 5 years ago

Now the situation is simple. We desperately need some quick wins that only the transfer market can provide us at this point. The only thing we can offer to a player wanted by Barcelona is money. The last thing we need is to spend the entire (and short) transfer window courting this 19 year old only for him to come out and say that he chose Barcelona over us despite us having showered him with money. That would officially relegate us to a tier 2 level club + it would give us very short time to react to it. It would even be more ridiculous if Barcelona unveil him and Griezmann while we are busy spending unveiling the reverse flash from the Championship whom we seem to be buying for 20m despite Leeds were close in signing him in for less then 10m. If De ligt adds salt to the wound by saying that he chose Barcelona over us because they are a bigger club then we are then we'll continue our trend of being the laughing stock of football

So unless we're either confident that we'll sign him up or we've got some big signing alternative to this boy whom we'll unveil before De Ligt actually commits himself to Barca which would make De Ligt look like a plan B then I believe that we should end this goose chase in a dignified manner. Let us simply say that we're not interested because we've got enough young CBs at this club and we'll aiming for someone with more experience.

AJ10

This is how I see it. We're a big club with supposedly huge ambitions and a poor squad/management/board to match. After having to endure 6 months of insults from our former manager, we went on to hire some rookie from Molde who had already proven himself to be out of depth at Cardiff. That manager took us 6th place after having his arse handled to him by his former club who already been relegated btw, proving that they probably made the right decision to sack him. Meanwhile our best players seem to want to leave and the majority of our squad is made up of either rubbish players who are more appropriate to fight in the relegation zone or washed up players who were great 5 years ago

Now the situation is simple. We desperately need some quick wins that only the transfer market can provide us at this point. The only thing we can offer to a player wanted by Barcelona is money. The last thing we need is to spend the entire (and short) transfer window courting this 19 year old only for him to come out and say that he chose Barcelona over us despite us having showered him with money. That would officially relegate us to a tier 2 level club + it would give us very short time to react to it. It would even be more ridiculous if Barcelona unveil him and Griezmann while we are busy spending unveiling the reverse flash from the Championship whom we seem to be buying for 20m despite Leeds were close in signing him in for less then 10m. If De ligt adds salt to the wound by saying that he chose Barcelona over us because they are a bigger club then we are then we'll continue our trend of being the laughing stock of football

So unless we're either confident that we'll sign him up or we've got some big signing alternative to this boy whom we'll unveil before De Ligt actually commits himself to Barca which would make De Ligt look like a plan B then I believe that we should end this goose chase in a dignified manner. Let us simply say that we're not interested because we've got enough young CBs at this club and we'll aiming for someone with more experience.
Seen most moronic posts but this bold part is certainly top 3. How can you blame Ole when we were 8 points behind 4th with a WC manager. We made up many points and kept pace with teams above us and loosing to cardiff didn't mean we finished 6th.

Loosing on the final day when playing mostly youngsters proves they made the right decision? :lol: The level of stupidity of that point, well its expected.

Some of our fans are truly tragic.

Last edited:

Paxi

No idea who that person is.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Some Barca fans even consider him tier 1. He was spot on regarding Todibo.

redshaw

So that leaves Bayern and Juve fighting it out according to Balague.

Jokes aside Bayern would be a good club for him if they eventually start making some big spends which I think they have to. He could become a top defender for 10 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.