Matthijs de Ligt / signs for Juventus, lowering their average age to 56

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Seen most of your moronic posts but this bold part is certainly top 3. How can you blame Ole when we were 8 points behind 4th with a WC manager. We made up many points and kept pace with teams above us and loosing to cardiff didn't mean we finished 6th.

Loosing on the final day when playing mostly youngsters proves they made the right decision? :lol: The level of stupidity of that point, well its expected.

Some of our fans are truly tragic.
Im not blaming ole of anything. I'm just listing facts here

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
So that leaves Bayern and Juve fighting it out according to Balague.

Jokes aside Bayern would be a good club for him if they eventually start making some big spends which I think they have to. He could become a top defender for 10 years.
Did he actually say this? Or are we poking fun :lol:

Adnan

Talent Spotter
On a side note. Was reading the Barca reliability discussion regarding journos on reddit. And Guilleme Ballague is placed along with Don Balon etc.

DownRiver

That soon emoji, is he hinting?

Also didn't 'De Legit too quit' say that only after the two games there will be a decision made?

Last edited:

redshaw

Did he actually say this? Or are we poking fun :lol:
Well he said it's between Barca, Bayern and Juve, United aren't in the equation. So I'm just making a joke after that alleged tier 1 info that Barca have pulled out.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
How much truth is there to the rumour that we have offered this kid £350k a week (17 million a year)?

Surely it's false news. I mean, we're desperate and everything, but that's silly money to be paying a 19-year-old.

Nick7

How much truth is there to the rumour that we have offered this kid £350k a week (17 million a year)?

Surely it's false news. I mean, we're desperate and everything, but that's silly money to be paying a 19-year-old.
Pretty sure everything I've read is €14m a year.

meninred

`De ligt to barca isnot a done deal because of financial reasons

de jong already 80
griezman around 120

add de light.. could get close to 300 mil mark
or they have to sell

DamoK

So that leaves Bayern and Juve fighting it out according to Balague.

Jokes aside Bayern would be a good club for him if they eventually start making some big spends which I think they have to. He could become a top defender for 10 years.
Bayern have already spent big on pavard and Hernandez for defence, can't see them going after de ligt

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo

1) He's a world-class player and will only get better, so him being 19 does not mean we should pay him less.

2) He would (understandably) go elsewhere if we didn't offer him this much money, so naturally the offer we would make is higher than we'd ideally want to pay.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
:devil::devil::devil:

Probably won't see any movement or concrete news until the Nations League ends though

binary bot
People do overestimate Barca's ability to afford his wages. If money is big for him then they're fecked.

cyberman

That soon emoji, is he hinting?

Also didn't 'De Legit too quit' say that only after the two games there will be a decision made?
That's why they have the top tier reputation that they deserve.

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid
Bayern have got 10 CBs already, so they'll definitely sign him.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I hope all this defeatist BS is just our public stance, Ed should be doing absolutely everything possible to get De Ligt in. He'd be the best signing the club have made in years. Ticks all the boxes

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Bayern cant afford him surely. Juventus maybe for sure.

Irrational.

The positive for us is that Barca up so far up themselves they’ll stick to their guns on their offer and expect de Ligt to like it or lump it
Isn't that part of their transfer strategy? It's how they manage to get their players so dirt cheap, relying on the legacy and the prestige of the club to attract players. It's how they got the likes of Fabregas, Pique, Alba, Arthur and others so cheap in their primes. It's sheer arrogance but it works.

I don't think it works as well for players not of a Spanish/ Portuguese heritage.

Axkiko

Barca need to offload some high salary but less important players like Rakitic, Umtiti and Coutinho. I still think Barca are buying time and trying to sell them asap to fund the De Ligt deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.