Matthijs de Ligt / signs for Juventus, lowering their average age to 56

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jericholyte2

I think we just need to accept that, everything in football is cyclical and, unfortunately I don’t think we’re even close to being at the bottom. In spite of all muppet hope I think we’re going through the “El Hadji Diouf” phase where we’ll end up trying to convince ourselves that the likes of Daniel James will immediately get us back to where we were.

I stand to be corrected by future business, but I fear, like Ole warned, being overtaken by Wolves and Leicester if we aren’t careful.

Last edited:

wolvored

The longer this takes the more I feel its a non runner. The fact Jones contract has been extended, Tuanzebe is brought back into the fold, Rojo said a week ago Ole still had faith in him, the press claiming Ole had said no to Alderwierald suggests a CD isnt going to happen.

Patrick08

The longer this takes the more I feel its a non runner. The fact Jones contract has been extended, Tuanzebe is brought back into the fold, Rojo said a week ago Ole still had faith in him, the press claiming Ole had said no to Alderwierald suggests a CD isnt going to happen.
Relax, things will kick on after nations league.

Houdini

If CD isnt going to happen then TOP4-6 is not going to happen too.

Suv666

That would be sucidal. We'll defo sign a CB. Will that CB be good enough or not remains ti be seen

redshaw

Doesn't feel like this is on. It's probably more about getting Barca to up the wages as he's become more high profile during the time and De Jong is getting 300k reportedly. United's name got used (which I don't mind if Barca pay more) but this time around it not quite effective so other clubs get drawn in.

I wouldn't be that dismissive of PSG, for a young player along side top players and CL football it could be good for him although leaving could be difficult. Whatever the case it's probably a better link to get Barca to up the wages a bit than going to United.

Would be a great coup to sign him. We have the PL and guaranteed playing time even if he makes mistakes, with a small chance of getting back to the top in a few years.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I worry for Ole’s job if we decide against signing a centre half this summer. The world and his dog can see the team isn’t top 4 quality.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Well it would say a lot about him as manager if he thinks we don't need one, bloke hasn't a clue if we go into the season with what we have at the back.
Just look at the players who signed a new contract recently: Jones, Young, Smalling... I doubt he really has a clue what is needed and what not

Decomposing In Paris

Just look at the players who signed a new contract recently: Jones, Young, Smalling... I doubt he really has a clue what is needed and what not
All signed before Ole got a permanent job... not sure how much influence he would have had there, as he clearly valued Herrera.

davidmichael

Well it would say a lot about him as manager if he thinks we don't need one, bloke hasn't a clue if we go into the season with what we have at the back.
I hate to say it but could it be that Ole has said who he wants us to go after and Woodward is saying no and that he thinks we should go after or that we’ve got lots of options already in that position ? I only say that as it would fit in with what Jose said about not being allowed to sign the centre backs he wanted and Woodward saying if they signed a centre back then it had to be Varane for £100 million.

Also we don’t know how long the club were in contract negotiations with Smalling, Jones and Young and that’s unlikely to be something Ole had a hand in seeing as he wasn’t permanent at that point and may have began before he had come in at all, we definitely need a top quality centre back and a quality right back but Ole may want certain players and Woodward others.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
now supposedly the dippers are interested... love the way we wait so long that the rest of the world notices people (while we don't do the same in reverse). yes, I know it's a rumour but you get my meaning

crossy1686

career ending
now supposedly the dippers are interested... love the way we wait so long that the rest of the world notices people (while we don't do the same in reverse). yes, I know it's a rumour but you get my meaning
You can't force someone to sign if they say they want to wait until the end of the internationals. How is that our fault?

We'll See Out There!

It appears that he's looking for assurances he'll be getting lots of game time. Well Matt you'd be nailed on at United to start every week son. What you waiting for lad?

BarstoolProphet

If that is really the case then you probably should mock Liverpool for not noticing De Ligt until now.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

The German champions had been encouraged to pursue the 19-year-old Ajax captain after initial positive talks but recently informed the centre-back in a telephone conversation that more pressing priorities in the transfer market ruled out a bid for him.

Manchester United and Barcelona are thought to be leading the chase for the Netherlands international, while Juventus are also interested.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
So Honigstein confirms we are "leading the chase" which sounds pretty good! No mention of Liverpool or City..

pascell

Doesn't feel like this is on. It's probably more about getting Barca to up the wages as he's become more high profile during the time and De Jong is getting 300k reportedly. United's name got used (which I don't mind if Barca pay more) but this time around it not quite effective so other clubs get drawn in.

I wouldn't be that dismissive of PSG, for a young player along side top players and CL football it could be good for him although leaving could be difficult. Whatever the case it's probably a better link to get Barca to up the wages a bit than going to United.

Would be a great coup to sign him. We have the PL and guaranteed playing time even if he makes mistakes, with a small chance of getting back to the top in a few years.
When was it ever on? Journalists putting our name in the hat doesn't mean we were ever in a good position to get him, United have always briefed we were interested but he's going to Barca.

Adam-Utd

But, but, RMC?! Tiers, ITKs?!
Haha right now it's a real mental minefield isn't it.

I do think Raiola / agents are feeding people different information which is why it seems so confusing.

Honigstein isn't known as a BS'er though and usually has good sources especially in Germany.

GazTheLegend

But, but, RMC?! Tiers, ITKs?!
Barcelona have almost certainly signed him according to the betting. We’ve dropped to 3/1, so I’d say we are pretty much out of it.

If anyone wants to trust the supposed ITK’s that said he was “95% done” to Man Utd then now is the time to put your money on, but it’s not looking good.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Haha right now it's a real mental minefield isn't it.

I do think Raiola / agents are feeding people different information which is why it seems so confusing.

Honigstein isn't known as a BS'er though and usually has good sources especially in Germany.
Yeah, I’m fecking confused as anything on this one. Too many conflicting stories!

Barcelona have almost certainly signed him according to the betting. We’ve dropped to 3/1, so I’d say we are pretty much out of it.

If anyone wants to trust the supposed ITK’s that said he was “95% done” to Man Utd then now is the time to put your money on, but it’s not looking good.
Betting odds are only an indication of liability exposure. Not a good gauge in this instance.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
We were trying to buy De Ligt, even after we've assigned Hernandez and Pavard? First time I hear of it.
Still, best part is ESPN trying to suggest they have an insider in our club:lol:

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I posted yesterday that eventhough RMC are reliable, they couldn't possibly know for sure if clubs apart from Barca and PSG weren't in for him.

Honigstein is one of the most credible journos in Europe, so let's see..

roonster09

Scout
So Honigstein confirms we are "leading the chase" which sounds pretty good! No mention of Liverpool or City..
Tbf he said he has no fresh info on Barca and ManUtd. He just linked Ogden article from 2 weeks back.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
We were trying to buy De Ligt, even after we've assigned Hernandez and Pavard? First time I hear of it.
Still, best part is ESPN trying to suggest they have an insider in our club:lol:
Honigstein would have contacts surely?

roonster09

Scout
I posted yesterday that eventhough RMC are reliable, they couldn't possibly know for sure if clubs apart from Barca and PSG weren't in for him.

Honigstein is one of the most credible journos in Europe, so let's see..
Yeah, RMC knows PSG are in for him, Honigstein knows Bayern have withdrawn (or getting rejected), Catalan papers know Barca are in. Don't think they know which all clubs are in for him.

Also,

Adam-Utd

Tbf he said he has no fresh info on Barca and ManUtd. He just linked Ogden article from 2 weeks back.
Not sure I believe that, he's just covering his backside IMO.

He himself tweeted that 2 top european clubs believe the player wants to sign for them, he obviously knows which clubs.

Ogden has never said we have much of a chance I believe, although he's quite anti Utd these days.

roonster09

Scout

He himself tweeted that 2 top european clubs believe the player wants to sign for them, he obviously knows which clubs.

Ogden has never said we have much of a chance I believe, although he's quite anti Utd these days.

This is what he tweeted. Also the other he tweeted based on Bild stories.

It's best to take everything with pinch of salt and just wait to see where he goes.

Btw, someone posted Pogba transfer timeline on reddit. It was awesome, such a roller-coaster ride. From no chance of happening to done deal in 1.5 -2 months. So everything changes quickly.

buckooo1978

I think if he wanted United it would be done by now

Hes not sitting at home mulling it over.... Ajax are probably just waiting to get the biggest fee or hes trying to eek as much wages as well

Our only hope really is if the kid gets motivated by money

Member 93275

I think if he wanted United it would be done by now

Hes not sitting at home mulling it over.... Ajax are probably just waiting to get the biggest fee or hes trying to eek as much wages as well

Our only hope really is if the kid gets motivated by money
He said two weeks ago that he'd wait until after the Nations League. 100 more pages of chat has changed nothing about that.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

Ogden has been saying he's been told by United for the last 2 months that De Ligt is going to Barcelona.

Status
Not open for further replies.