Matthijs de Ligt / signs for Juventus, lowering their average age to 56

Status
Not open for further replies.

PGLFC91

Supports
Liverpool
Would welcome him with open arms at Liverpool. We would have one outstanding world class center half in Van Dijk.

And then two possible world class talents in De Vrij and Joe Gomez. Not too shabby.

Don't think Klopp will prioritise this position in summer though.

Womp

idiot
Best upcoming defensive talent and already an incredibly good CB - a position we need to strengthen this summer. No links at all to us. Typical

Cloud7

Best upcoming defensive talent and already an incredibly good CB - a position we need to strengthen this summer. No links at all to us. Typical
No one is being linked to him besides Barcelona. It seems as if he’s interested only in them. I’m pretty sure every club in the world has informally inquired about him.

Sjaakmeoff

No one is being linked to him besides Barcelona. It seems as if he’s interested only in them. I’m pretty sure every club in the world has informally inquired about him.
Not true: he was linked to Juve/PSG/Bayern too. And they all confirmed that they were interested.

But yes, Barca bound.

Mister_Stubbs

We need him, simple as that. I’m sure the lure of Barcelona and an easy life though will be to much.

beingshe7don

We need him, simple as that. I’m sure the lure of Barcelona and an easy life though will be to much.
Dutch players are generally attracted to Barca... and with De Jong going there, would make sense to join his mate there.

It's really sad that for the stature of our club, we can't seem to get the best talents in the world. De Ligt brings with him leadership qualities as well which we lack in our dressing room. Apart from Herrera, there's no one who deserves to be captain. Pogba just hasn't delivered as a captain when it's been required.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Would welcome him with open arms at Liverpool. We would have one outstanding world class center half in Van Dijk.

And then two possible world class talents in De Vrij and Joe Gomez. Not too shabby.

Don't think Klopp will prioritise this position in summer though.
When did you sign De Vrij?

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
That's not a bad thing at all, right now if you had to choose between De Ligt and Umtiti who would you choose?. Personally, I'd love if De Light worked for us (he fits our style) getting starter minutes from the get go, with Pique/Lenglet as the other CB and Umtiti played for United, the EPL football could suit him better.

I fear that De Ligt for 70M could be a problem in the short term for United. "Not proven", "lacks physicality" and "we needed veterans and winners" are always a thing with new signings. Also, the comparison against Van Dijk (Dutch, Defender, 70+M price tag and Virgil plays for Liverpool) will always be there.

goin4glory

Could you imagine how much we'd crush the transfer market if we were run by the folks at Bayern? Incredible the level of ignorance in our management.

mu4c_20le

Could you imagine how much we'd crush the transfer market if we were run by the folks at Bayern? Incredible the level of ignorance in our management.
We'd still be stuck with 35yo wingers? No seriously... we'll never be like Bayern because we dont have the luxury of getting to cherry pick the best players from domestic clubs, most of the time on a free.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
He is going to either Barcelona or Juventus. If I were him I will pick Juventus for game time.
Yeah I think there was a poster here a week or so ago who’s said he’s seemingly only interested in Barca - & even when it was mentioned that he might have to fight for a spot - he said he was ready for the challenge.

Isn’t that an amazing attitude/confidence? :drool:

It could all backfire on him of course but from what I read on here, he’s supposedly the real deal.

To the Umtiti thread.

goin4glory

We'd still be stuck with 35yo wingers? No seriously... we'll never be like Bayern because we dont have the luxury of getting to cherry pick the best players from domestic clubs, most of the time on a free.
In fairness to Bayern they wanted to sign Sane/KDB but got blown out of the water by City. I didn't see many people criticising them for signing Coman or Douglas Costa either.

Bayern don't exist in a market that no one else has access to. There's no reason why we couldn't have competed with them for the signings of Lewandowski/Thiago/Hummels or even approach them this summer and offer Alaba more money than Bayern could ever afford to pay him.

We're a very badly run club with little to no clue on how to operate in the transfer market.

SparkedIntoLife

I've pretty much given up on him now :( No serious links to him and all noises coming out suggest he's very close to Barca. I saw a pic of him as a child in a Barca kit today outside the Nou Camp so it's clear they are his dream club.

Ajax value their relationship with Barca and I bet they will get a player out of this. The rumoured price seems like a fee we could easily top but perhaps De Ligt has told Ajax he'd turn down any other clubs.

Oh well, off to the Varane/Koulibaly/Milenkovic/Upamecano/Badiashile/Skriniar threads...

Negan

He’s destined for Barca.

De Ligt and De Jong are gonna be the replacements for Pique and Busquets.

SoulSurvivor

Supports
Ajax
Every player has bad games. Even the greatest players. Hopefully he learns from it.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Other than stumbling over his own feet for the first goal he had a decent game for sure
Not really. Even in the first half they switched him and VVD over because De Ligt was struggling with Sane.

I like De Ligt but he didnt have a good game it happens. Neither did VVD for that matter but hes still a very good defender.

The third goal is also poor defending by the CBs but VVD is more at fault.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
Not really. Even in the first half they switched him and VVD over because De Ligt was struggling with Sane.

I like De Ligt but he didnt have a good game it happens. Neither did VVD for that matter but hes still a very good defender.

The third goal is also poor defending by the CBs but VVD is more at fault.
Makes me wonder what match I watched... But fair enough.

PGLFC91

Supports
Liverpool
When did you sign De Vrij?
Meant to say De Ligt not De Vrij! :lol:

But in all seriousness if we had either Matip or Lovren as 4th choice and De Ligt and Gomez battling for a spot beside Virgil that would be incredible! :drool:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Meant to say De Ligt not De Vrij! :lol:

But in all seriousness if we had either Matip or Lovren as 4th choice and De Ligt and Gomez battling for a spot beside Virgil that would be incredible! :drool:
With the hype surrounding De Ligt I don't see him battling out for a place with anybody unless he's quite the disappointmenrt. He's prolly going to walk in and expect to start, and relegate any other talent to the bench. He also seems set to move to the likes of Madrid and Barca, given how highly everybody seems to rate him.

Status
Not open for further replies.