Matthijs de Ligt / signs for Juventus, lowering their average age to 56

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suv666

This was two days ago and Domenech was saying Barca were still optimistic. But since then we've had news that Barca have lost control of the transfer.
Cheers mate

MetoTTT

Going to a ready made winner, shows a lack of ambition in my opinion.

Go to Barcelona, a club that is and will continue to win La Liga constantly. Or go to a sleeping giant, and help be a catalyst for their return to glory? Where will you be a bigger legend? Which is a bigger accomplishment? It's the difference between being the architect of your own success, and piling on someone else's. United is a perfect club for this right now. We've got the money, we've got the global profile, we don't have the results. If you're a member, no, a driving force for the team that brings another Premier League title, you instantly become one of the biggest names in the clubs entire history, and by extension, due to Uniteds global stature, you become a legend of the game.

Go to Barcelona? It's a sure thing. No risk. Yea you are going to win a grip of La Liga titles over the course of your career, and maybe some CLs as well, obviously that's tempting, but if you're truly ambitious, if you truly believe in your ability, you're licking your lips at the prospect of helping to return United to elite status.
This could be the scenario of a tearful movie.

Scholsey2004

Giving a 19 y.o. massive wages, in all likelihood? Yeah.. that'd go down well.
The difference is he's a genuine elite player who barring injury will be the mats Hummel's of his generation. We already pay this much in wages to martial who'll likely never be a regular starter for France. Nobody objects to paying good money for genuine top drawer players. It's the kids who've done nothing and the washed up has beens getting paid a fortune that irks people.

Scholsey2004

If we could somehow sign this guy our defence would be transformed in an instant! De Ligt is the real deal.

This and a RB, which it does seem the club are in the market for and our defence is sorted.

Would have a good impact on midfield too, De Ligt martial’s everyone around him and is only 19! This is a great investment all round ... should be right up Woody’s Street so I can imagine he’s going all out for this one. Young and already very marketable. I don’t reckon this is as far fetched as some think.
Lindelof and Shaw are already good enough, slot in a world class centre half like de ligt and all we need is a decent right back, of which there are a few options kicking around right now. Of course we're still the second favourite in this race.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
he's quite dreamy. Squad will be lacking serious sex appeal after Mata and Herrera go, so that can only boost morale.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Come on guys! You can't seriously be believing that he won't sign for us!
He's getting more money, more game time, becoming the face of the biggest club in the world, his defence partner at Ajax is an ex-United player and the CEO of Ajax is a club legend here. Add to that, he is liking posts from our players winning CL here.
It's definitely on!

Raven

Not saying he's definitely being brought In, but anyone who's saying there's no chance is out of their fecking mind!

Art

Art the artist
Ballbag is going to tweet any second about messi or money isn't he, the salty prick.

Treble

Imagine the conversation between MDL and Raiola:

MDL: I want to play for Barca.
R: They are reluctant pay us what we want.
MDL: OK, money is more important than playing for Barca.

Is that realistic? Raiola will do everything to earn his client a better contract but I don't think he will shit on his desire to go to Barca. Barca know this and don't want to give in to Raiola's demands.

Judas

Open to offers
Pretty sure Raiola would adore the idea of getting a big payment from us, then in a few years selling him on again to someone in spain and getting another fat wedge of cash. Just a matter if he can convince the player its in his best interest.

Sanche7

Just imagine if we manage to sign him :drool:
Every great team is built on a great defence and adding this guy to the likes of Lindelof and Shaw will make sure in 2-3 years we have a fantastic defence. Shaw maynot be fantastic going forward, but IMO he’s a very good defender. Add a solid DM and we will be safe as houses at the back

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
on The surface it’s a no brainier, Barca or current United? Easy choice but it’s not. Yeah he’ll win La Liga’s and probably a few CL’s but he has the chance to become the face of the biggest club in the most watched league in the world. He’ll be adored, make more money and can become a Manchester United legend if he’s the catalyst for our return to the top.

I could be completely wrong but he seems as someone who’d take these things into consideration, not just the easy path to glory

Treble

Ever thought about writing a manuscript? What an incredible imagination you have and to be quite frank, a God given gift for it.
The point wasn't to come up with a funny conversation but to lay bare what is going on. United are probably being used there. Again.

hungrywing

Imagine the conversation between MDL and Raiola:

MDL: I want to play for Barca.
R: They are reluctant pay us what we want.
MDL: OK, money is more important than playing for Barca.

Is that realistic? Raiola will do everything to earn his client a better contract but I don't think he will shit on his desire to go to Barca. Barca know this and don't want to give in to Raiola's demands.
You're kind of right, but it's going to be more complicated than that.

It'll be 'Barca' but:

less-wages/non-guaranteed playing time

vs us and

more-wages/guaranteed playing time/still a big club/face of rebuild/get to play against financial doping/can still move on in the fairly immediate future.

Put it at about 50/50

Acquire Me

Just imagine if we manage to sign him :drool:
Every great team is built on a great defence and adding this guy to the likes of Lindelof and Shaw will make sure in 2-3 years we have a fantastic defence. Shaw maynot be fantastic going forward, but IMO he’s a very good defender. Add a solid DM and we will be safe as houses at the back
I agree. We would be a much better unit with him in defence.

I think Shaw has been outstanding. He is still a young guy. He has shown good things going forward and will be better in that area imo.

Sanche7

Pretty sure Raiola would adore the idea of getting a big payment from us, then in a few years selling him on again to someone in spain and getting another fat wedge of cash. Just a matter if he can convince the player its in his best interest.
Raiola isn’t his agent though. He’s currently helping them get the best deal. Improve our squad, win stuff, keep De Ligt and his agent happy...he’ll stay here. It’s the same with Pogba IMO, if we were playing great football and winning stuff, he wouldn’t be pushing for a move. It’s the same with De Ligt, but again, we will have to do a lot better on the feild

Treble

You're kind of right, but it's going to be more complicated than that.

It'll be 'Barca' but:

less-wages/non-guaranteed playing time

vs us and

more-wages/guaranteed playing time/still a big club/face of rebuild/get to play against financial doping/can still move on in the fairly immediate future.

Put it at about 50/50
He would be a bloody fantastic signing. Hope Woody pulls it off, I'm not optimistic for now though.

GledTheRed

You guys can go ahead and get your cocks out but mine is staying firmly in my skinnies. If anyone has a problem with that that can go ahead and calll kermit.

My little fella has been burnt too many times before.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
When push comes to shove, think Barca will pay up and that will be that.

Status
Not open for further replies.