Matthijs de Ligt / signs for Juventus, lowering their average age to 56

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I tried really hard to stay out of it this year :(
The pull was too strong :D

People need to work harder to get into this group, it takes a full blown saga of activities for someone to join.
Agreed, should we have a consortium to decide who now joins us? We only want the most committed muppets after all.

Its going to be beautiful. I have loved a lot of our sagas tbh. Berbatov was beautiful.
I was only a stalker on here for Berbatov but it was brilliant to follow. I was all in for Pogba though :drool: I'm ready for another.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
But that's the thing, I don't know if he is going to sign for them and that's why I can see why the press would make up stories. You seemingly decided that he was going to sign for them but also that he might take our alleged offer which makes no sense.

Personally, I don't know but funnily enough it sounds a lot like the reports about Rabiot and Barcelona.
Well it seems highly likely he's leaving, he's personally mentioned "it would be nice to play with De Jong again but we will see what happens", so the interest is definitely true.

I don't really see Bayern or Juve being as attractive or lucrative personally, but they are the apparent other options. I still think Barca are the leading runners.

RedorDead21

Well it seems highly likely he's leaving, he's personally mentioned "it would be nice to play with De Jong again but we will see what happens", so the interest is definitely true.

I don't really see Bayern or Juve being as attractive or lucrative personally, but they are the apparent other options. I still think Barca are the leading runners.
I don't mind missing out on him as long as we at the very least pump up the price on whoever does buy him to a world record for a defender fee.

Adam-Utd

I don't mind missing out on him as long as we at the very least pump up the price on whoever does buy him to a world record for a defender fee.
Yep, stupid that Barca get a free run on these type of players just because of the Cruyff connection and they have Messi.

They used to bully teams about before England got richer, now we should be throwing our weight around too.

You want Griezmann and De Ligt? You'll have to pay. Maybe Raiola is making up the United interest just to earn himself some more money.

RedorDead21

Yep, stupid that Barca get a free run on these type of players just because of the Cruyff connection and they have Messi.

They used to bully teams about before England got richer, now we should be throwing our weight around too.

You want Griezmann and De Ligt? You'll have to pay. Maybe Raiola is making up the United interest just to earn himself some more money.
Probably. We've rarely attracted or bought the elite players for me anyway. He's considered far superior to Maguire but will his career go on to rubber stamp that. Or is Ajax the perfect place for him and the current team. 5 years ago I would happily have spent the same on Varane. is Varane also far superior to Maguire right now. I would say in terms of fitness and games it's not so cut and dried. I'm using Maguire here but likewise I'm sure there are a lot of unpolished young players who will go onto be better than DeLigt in a CB role over the next 10 years (and some prob currently play in midfield youth teams) who would cost a fraction of the price. His stars have aligned but I wouldn't be devastated if he eats up Barca's cash reserves.

gajender

He's fast, powerful, good passer and a baller for a defender. 4 goals and 2 assists this season too. On the short side at 6ft and prone to defensive lapses.

Thanks a lot though I hope we sort out defensive conundrum this season only, but If not should certainly track his progress and make a move for him once he is ready to step up next season.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
And I said rumor because it was a rumor which has been denied by the best source concerning Monaco which is Nice Matin, Real Madrid never made that offer and Monaco never agreed to one.

Monaco has one rival in Nice and they sell, loan and buy players from them.
The actual vice president of Monaco said they did have agreed to sell us Mbappé for €180m. Player scuppered the deal because he wanted PSG

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
We're on to something great once he signs. We will be back much sooner than we thought.

The king in the north!

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The actual vice president of Monaco said they did have agreed to sell us Mbappé for €180m. Player scuppered the deal because he wanted PSG
No, he denied any agreement and also explained that Mbappé asked to be sold to PSG. Monaco had no agreement but according to him other clubs were willing to spend as much.

RedDevil@84

Being a good team doesn't mean you should get an easy ride.
My point being that if you are successful, players would be pushing the selling club to go soft on the price and they will agree to have lesser wages. If you are not successful recently, it is only money that you can throw at a player.

Teja

What has this got to do with De Ligt?
He liked the post, he keeps liking status updates by Utd players and also liked the post from Utd about the '99 CL win.

/Dons muppet hat. I'm DeLigted to be onboard the muppet train fellow muppets!

SirAF

Ageist
He liked the post, he keeps liking status updates by Utd players and also liked the post from Utd about the '99 CL win.

/Dons muppet hat. I'm DeLigted to be onboard the muppet train fellow muppets!
Chooo choooo :devil:

Adam-Utd

Has he liked any Barca posts recently? Has he told suarez to go get F'ed?

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Who was the player involved in the saga of the football signed 'see you in Manchester' a few years back? After an expectation-raising event as unique as that one which inevitably ended in outright heartbreak a simple 'like' on Instagram isn't likely to provide the ample bait required for reeling many people in.

SirAF

Ageist
Who was the player involved in the saga of the football signed 'see you in Manchester' a few years back? After an expectation-raising event as unique as that one which inevitably ended in outright heartbreak a simple 'like' on Instagram isn't likely to provide the ample bait required for reeling many people in.
Thiago.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
2 likes. There are 2 likes!

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Which is what I say in the post that you quoted, Madrid among other clubs were willing to pay but they didn't had an agreement. Vasilyev says that Madrid finally called them and said that they were willing to pay 180m, he asked Mbappé whether they should accept it or not and Mbappé said he wanted to go to PSG.
We're saying the same thing :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.