Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Man I'm worried about Liverpool....

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
I really hope that we can sign De Ligt, think it might be the catalyst to us signing several more 'top' players, so for me I think we need to go as far as possible to achieving this.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Some of you are masochists. You enjoy the pain of disappointment.

Sanche7

You forgot Rodri and Jovic.
Imagine that for a second, if we manage to land De Ligt, Felix, Rodri, Jovic and Cancelo plus Rabiot on free with Sancho coming in next year :drool::drool:
It's doable if we are talking about the economic side of things, but if they would want to come or if we are after them is an issue

RedStarUnited

My worry with this is, if true...De Ligt should be playing with a mature CB. I dont watch Ajax regularly, but I can only assume having Blind next to him must have been great.

Irrational.

I'm starting to believe :drool:

This would be more than a statement of intent - he'll bring with him a real feel-good factor back to the club.

Going by reports,which is always dangerous;), United have surpassed Barca's contractual offer for De Ligt but I also wonder if United have thrown the Captains Armband into the mix too.

willhse456

Can someone remind me what happened with Pogba and the early reports surrounding his transfer to us? Did we have English media reporting that we were in for him? Once English papers start getting involved I'll start to believe.

minh_loc_xoay

Can someone remind me what happened with Pogba and the early reports surrounding his transfer to us? Did we have English media reporting that we were in for him? Once English papers start getting involved I'll start to believe.
If my memories are correct, it was not the English press but Di Marzio himself broke the story to us. Rightly so because Juventus is an Italian club. That's when all the muppets got crazy. And back then SkySports (Still a reliable source, not the joke it has become these days) also broke the story that Pogba to us was "near" or almost a done deal. The climax came when Pogba's photo was removed from Juventus's main website banner. That was when we knew we had come out victorious. Good old days! :keano:

United seem to be bending over backwards financially for De Ligt so I wouldn't put it past United to offer him the captains armband for this upcoming season or likely after.
Any advantage you can get De Ligt to consider your offer you'll rightly use.He's a generational talent,imo.

Ajaxsuarez

Supports
Ajax
surely you wouldn't offer the armband to a foreign 19 year old before he's even arrived at the club :lol:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
surely you wouldn't offer the armband to a foreign 19 year old before he's even arrived at the club :lol:
Right now Ashley Young is captain. I'd say we're practically begging to give it away.

United seem to be bending over backwards financially for De Ligt so I wouldn't put it past United to offer him the captains armband for this upcoming season or likely after.
Any advantage you can get De Ligt to consider your offer you'll rightly use.He's a generational talent,imo.
Tell him club captain next year and skipper when Young isn’t in the side this season :)

It illustrates our desperation,so I can see the humour in it.But if it puts a minor doubt in De Ligt's mind about heading off to Barca then you'll use it.Nothing to lose and all to gain.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
My worry with this is, if true...De Ligt should be playing with a mature CB. I dont watch Ajax regularly, but I can only assume having Blind next to him must have been great.
And what’s your worry? Are you not convinced that our Swedish isn’t as matured as Blind? De Ligt is Ajax’s captain, he’s probably more matured than Blind.

Kaglish10

Monaco had no agreement with Madrid and he was never going for 80m. Monaco and PSG aren't rivals and they don't really care about selling players to them or anybody else, not even Nice.
Telegraph below stated that Monaco had preferred to see Mbappe move abroad (Madrid) than to PSG.
The point is they had just won the league ahead of the oil rich PSG who weren't pleased yet you expect them to sell their best player to PSG who was their rival in the course of winning the league?

Also, the other article stated that Madrid had problem with Mbappe's wage demand. The fact is Mbappe's wage demand was what scuttled his deal. Even Pep has been hammering on team's harmony as regard to wage.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...g-166m-deal-sign-kylian-mbappe-monaco-prefer/

https://www.soccerladuma.co.za/fan-...ious-reaction-to-mbappe-s-wage-demands/311165

Last edited:

Nick.

This wont be concluded for months. Maybe we should be lining up a deal on another CB at the same time, he will wait for Barca to improve their offer for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.