Matthijs de Ligt / signs for Juventus, lowering their average age to 56

Status
Not open for further replies.

neilv93

This wont be concluded for months. Maybe we should be lining up a deal on another CB at the same time, he will wait for Barca to improve their offer for a while.
Perhaps an experienced, PL-proven, CL finalist available for a paltry £25m would suffice?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Telegraph below stated that Monaco had preferred to see Mbappe move abroad (Madrid) than to PSG. And the other article stated that Madrid had problem with Mbappe's wage demand. The fact is Mbappe's wage demand was what scuttled his deal. Even Pep has been hammering on team's harmony as regard to wage.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...g-166m-deal-sign-kylian-mbappe-monaco-prefer/

https://www.soccerladuma.co.za/fan-...ious-reaction-to-mbappe-s-wage-demands/311165
And that's bullshit, players have moved to PSG from Monaco and they will in the future, particularly when they are not rivals. With Monaco it's simply a matter of who pays the most and where the player decides to go. As for the rumor it was 180m.

arthurka

Imagine the horrors here when we go into next season with Smalling, Jones and Young in our starting 11.

Kaglish10

And that's bullshit, players have moved to PSG from Monaco and they will in the future, particularly when they are not rivals. With Monaco it's simply a matter of who pays the most and where the player decides to go. As for the rumor it was 180m.
It's not bullshit, considering Monaco had just won the league ahead of PSG. How did you expect them to sell their best player to PSG who was their rival in the course of it?

Mbappe cost PSG in the region of 150mil but you expected Madrid to pay 180mil for him, especially when Monaco seemed to favour them over PSG?

JPRouve

Scout
It's not bullshit when Monaco had just won the league ahead of PSG. How did you expect them to sell their best player to PSG who was their rival in the course of it?

Mbappe cost PSG in the region of 150mil but you expected Madrid to pay 180mil for him, especially when Monaco seemed to favour them over PSG?
Your premise is wrong, Monaco aren't in a position to choose where a player go, they don't have the finance for it and never had, they are a selling club that's how they stay afloat and again they are not in a rivalry with PSG. And I said rumor because it was a rumor which has been denied by the best source concerning Monaco which is Nice Matin, Real Madrid never made that offer and Monaco never agreed to one.

Monaco has one rival in Nice and they sell, loan and buy players from them.

Kaglish10

Your premise is wrong, Monaco aren't in a position to choose where a player go, they don't have the finance for it and never had, they are a selling club that's how they stay afloat and again they are not in a rivalry with PSG. And I said rumor because it was a rumor which has been denied by the best source concerning Monaco which is Nice Matin, Real Madrid never made that offer and Monaco never agreed to one.

Monaco has one rival in Nice and they sell, loan and buy players from them.
Mbappe wasn't averse to Madrid's move until they couldn't offer the same wage as PSG. Besides, you don't expect Madrid to bid for him when no wage has been agreed between them and the players. Same situation as de Ligt. Barca haven't bidded for him but we all know they wanted him and de Ligt isn't averse to a move but the problem is the wage.

jackal&hyde

:drool:

United should try for Alderweireld regardless of The Ligt situation, I think.
I agree with this. Jones, Smalling and Rojo should not play again for United and getting Alderweireld for such a cheap price plus a big money signing like De Ligt would be us transforming our entire CB situation.

JPRouve

Scout
Mbappe wasn't averse to Madrid's move until they couldn't offer the same wage as PSG. Besides, you don't expect Madrid to bid for him when no wage has been agreed between them and the players. Same situation as de Ligt. Barca haven't bidded for him but we all know they wanted him and de Ligt isn't averse to a move but the problem is the wage.
Yeah but you are the one who said that Madrid had an agreement at 80m, now you are selling a different story. It's a lot simpler to not make up things and see how it ends.

goin4glory

I'm just glad we're making a serious offer for him. I'm sick of Barca just picking up quality player after quality player for peanuts. We need someone like De Ligt much more than Barca and our offer should reflect that.

Barca also have a problem with giving a young kid that much in wages, you'll have some senior players knocking on the door for new deals if his is correct.

Champagne Football

I don't believe we're interested due to Raiola. I reckon Raiola just linking him with us to get a better deal at Barca or elsewhere.

I reckon Collins and Godfrey will be our two CB signings.

JPRouve

Scout
I don't believe we're interested due to Raiola. I reckon Raiola just linking him with us to get a better deal at Barca or elsewhere.

Like someone else suggested Raiola tend to use the dutch press, he isn't really present abroad outside of Monaco but he doesn't communicate in the local papers. Either the catalan press is telling the truth or more likely they are making up things in order to sell papers.

Jinn

As much as I would like this kid to join us, I hope we don't spend the entire window chasing him only for him to join Barca leaving us with nothing except the current lot to go into next season.

gajender

Do you believe Godfrey is ready to step up right away because that's what we need and what kind of Cb is he.

Kaglish10

Yeah but you are the one who said that Madrid had an agreement at 80m, now you are selling a different story. It's a lot simpler to not make up things and see how it ends.
I read then that Monaco were willing to sell him to Madrid below 100mil. I can't find the article but the moment PSG got interested, they increased their fee because PSG had just signed Neymar at a huge price and they don't see why they can't do same for Mbappe, considering Mbappe is french and could be their poster boy. Whether he was French or English has nothing to do with Madrid hence, there was no way they would have payed more.

The fact is, if Monaco were to choose between abroad and PSG, they would always choose abroad move, if not for Mbappe's wage demand. It's better watching Mbappe from afar than having him against them in league matches.

Champagne Football

Like someone else suggested Raiola tend to use the dutch press, he isn't really present abroad outside of Monaco but he doesn't communicate in the local papers. Either the catalan press is telling the truth or more likely they are making up things in order to sell papers.
I believe the rumour linking us came from Catalan sources, Mundo Deportivo and Sport, which are two utter garbage sources. For some reason the Madrid media is usually on the money, but the Catalan media is clueless

Sir Scott McToMinay

Could be incredible if we manage to pull this off, and would end up the best and the most important transfers we’ve ever done.

He’s a phenomenal player, even Ferdinand wasn’t as good when he was 19.

JPRouve

Scout
I believe the rumour linking us came from Catalan sources, Mundo Deportivo and Sport, which are two utter garbage sources. For some reason the Madrid media is usually on the money, but the Catalan media is clueless
Yeah, that's why I suspect that they are making it up. Now the question is when did they start because for all we know Barcelona aren't really after De Ligt and the press is simply trying to backtrack.

Nr.7

As much as I would like this kid to join us, I hope we don't spend the entire window chasing him only for him to join Barca leaving us with nothing except the current lot to go into next season.

Couldn’t agree more.
That’s actually my biggest concern since I’m convinced de Ligt will end up at Barcelona.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Think about it. Why would the spanish press make up a rumour of interest from another club? Why would they make Barca look bad for no reason?

Introducing us into the equation and saying we are offering more, how will that help Barca? It just doesn't make sense unless it's true.

Champagne Football

Yeah, that's why I suspect that they are making it up. Now the question is when did they start because for all we know Barcelona aren't really after De Ligt and the press is simply trying to backtrack.
My guess is that he wants Barca. Will have his best mate De Jong already there. And Barca want him. But Barca probably have to shift someone before they can bring him in.
Raiola is also realizing he should be paid more than originally agreed, so I think Barca realize this and both sides will eventually meet in the middle in a few weeks.

JPRouve

Scout
Think about it. Why would the spanish press make up a rumour of interest from another club? Why would they make Barca look bad for no reason?

Introducing us into the equation and saying we are offering more, how will that help Barca? It just doesn't make sense unless it's true.
Because if De Ligt doesn't sign for Barcelona, they will be able to claim that he chose money over football or that their reports were correct until Raiola-De Ligt became greedy.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Because if De Ligt doesn't sign for Barcelona, they will be able to claim that he chose money over football or that their reports were correct until Raiola-De Ligt became greedy.
He will sign for them though? De Ligt isn't going to stay at Ajax another year just because Raiola wants a few extra quid. They already had an agreement.

By the sounds of it, we've jumped in and offered a much better deal - now Raiola has gone back to Barca and said actually... no bueno. Pay the extra what United are offering or he will go there.

Right now they're using us as a power play IMO. They'll either stump the extra cash or he MIGHT just take us up on the offer.

JPRouve

Scout
He will sign for them though? De Ligt isn't going to stay at Ajax another year just because Raiola wants a few extra quid. They already had an agreement.

By the sounds of it, we've jumped in and offered a much better deal - now Raiola has gone back to Barca and said actually... no bueno. Pay the extra what United are offering or he will go there.

Right now they're using us as a power play IMO. They'll either stump the extra cash or he MIGHT just take us up on the offer.
But that's the thing, I don't know if he is going to sign for them and that's why I can see why the press would make up stories. You seemingly decided that he was going to sign for them but also that he might take our alleged offer which makes no sense.

Personally, I don't know but funnily enough it sounds a lot like the reports about Rabiot and Barcelona.

Status
Not open for further replies.