Memphis Depay | Atletico player

El Jefe

Young millionaire having fun while producing the goods for his club and country. Don't see the issue at all.

Juan Mata likes to blog in his free time while Memphis likes to rap in his. The fact you don't like or understand it doesn't make it cringy it's just not for you. His followers seem to like it and that's who its for so well done to him.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
:lol: Imagine being a loser on an internet forum jealous that a young guy is a better footballer, rapper, and has better fashion sense than you.
Well I am pretty sure people here are at least aware that they are just posters on online forum, unlike Depay who thinks he is the best player in the world. That's called delusion.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Because it is racist.

I've seen it used for Pogba, Fosu and Depay on this forum.

Correlation - they're all black.
Got feck to do with racism and guess what, Depay indeed is acting like a washed up rapper.

:lol: Imagine being a loser on an internet forum jealous that a young guy is a better footballer, rapper, and has better fashion sense than you.
:lol:

Christ almighty. Almost as cringeworthy as the original video. Weren't you losing your shit over Bolt playing football couple of weeks ago?

Last edited:

jmaggio

Young millionaire having fun while producing the goods for his club and country. Don't see the issue at all.

Juan Mata likes to blog in his free time while Memphis likes to rap in his. The fact you don't like or understand it doesn't make it cringy it's just not for you. His followers seem to like it and that's who its for so well done to him.
He plays in a Farmers league.

Stacks

Good on him.

I miss the days when footballers made music. More should do it.

Imagine a world without Diamond Lights, without Outstanding, without Fog on the Tyne.

They get to do something they love, I get to laugh at them. Everyone wins.
I agree.
:lol:

It is so bad... what is wrong with footballers nowadays anyway? They all want to be a brand, a rapper or do online social media challenges. Beckham was famous outside football too but atleast he wasnt cringe.

Roy Keane wouldnt allow any of this!
They do it for money. Beckham wore corn rows, durags and met the Prince of Wales in a durag and sleeveless top. Keane does not run the football world and Andy Cole made a song under his watch.

Stupid twat, I’m glad he doesn’t play for us anymore, he’s an embarrassment. Sick of these bloody wannabe rapper footballers. Get your head down and concentrate on your football you fcuking posers, stop all this “doin’ It for the ‘gram” bullshit and focus on the job at hand.
And if he played the guitar and sang indie rock, would it get to you?
What's his football got to do with his social life?
Not much

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
What's his football got to do with his social life?
Exactly. Can't say I'm a fan of what he's doing on a personal level, but I don't have a problem with him doing it.

All this "head down focus on your football" nonsense that football fans spout is a bit daft. What are footballers supposed to do when they're not playing or training? Sit in a dark room, rocking back and forth, "focusing on football"?

There seems to be genuine resentment that footballers are human beings with lives and they invest their own free time in non-football activities. The only thing that's "cringe" about these sorts of things are the people who seem to get bent out of shape about it.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I think he should do whatever the feck he wants in his free time. Doesn't mean I won't make fun of him over it. That's the thing. They post this stuff on insta for their followers to react on it don't they? Bit daft to only expect positive feedback.

There's the old saying; if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. But that would make for a very boring world.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He is having fun and it doesn't harm anyone.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Back to his football; he was very poor last game. At one point in the 2nd half, whilst the team were pushing up for the winner leaving only the two CBs at the back, he lost the ball on the halfway line and didn't seem bothered at all. Barely attempted to track back.

Stacks

Exactly. Can't say I'm a fan of what he's doing on a personal level, but I don't have a problem with him doing it.

All this "head down focus on your football" nonsense that football fans spout is a bit daft. What are footballers supposed to do when they're not playing or training? Sit in a dark room, rocking back and forth, "focusing on football"?

There seems to be genuine resentment that footballers are human beings with lives and they invest their own free time in non-football activities. The only thing that's "cringe" about these sorts of things are the people who seem to get bent out of shape about it.
The older generation spent their days in the pub, smoking cigerettes etc. This generation are far more professional and spend much more time in the gym

Fridge chutney

Do your best.
A lot of you on this site are so fecking transparent
You've called several of United's footballers shit (and you're not necessarily wrong) but you take issue with people calling Depay's music video shit? Not everyone needs to like it. I think it's shit. That doesn't make me a hater or racist.

Litch

Our opinion of him counts for nothing at the moment as we are in no position to talk about 'Utd quality', cause I sat at OT this season still waiting to see this. On current form he'd walk straight into this team despite he dress sense or ability to rap. What is strange is I'm not sure what qualifies most on here to make that judgement either. Yep you might look strange going down the dog n duck in that jacket but that's not where he's drinking this afternoon.....

It's not like he's drinking and driving is it.....?

Litch

Absolutely right.

AlecHDR

Angry, incoherent heterosexual slob
The rap is really good...for a footballer. It is terrible if he wants to be a full time rapper.

He's doing well and having some fun. Don't see the issue (beside the smoking I guess).

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Exactly the character we don’t need

Un4givableB

The rap is really good...for a footballer. It is terrible if he wants to be a full time rapper.

He's doing well and having some fun. Don't see the issue (beside the smoking I guess).
This

No worse than Glenn & Chris singing Diamond Lights(young folks google it),but haters gonna hate.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
:lol: This is amazing. The granddad's in here losing their shit over it is just as amazing.

ivaldo

Mate I’m in my early 20’s but that is so Cringey, especially the dance move in the first 2 seconds, the exact copies of American rap video style editing and dancing, and most of all that faked American accent
And it is cringey. Who gives a shit? Its his hobby. Why does this effect you?

JPRouve

Scout
And it is cringey. Who gives a shit? Its his hobby. Why does this effect you?
It's strange isn't it? I wonder if people would feel the same if he was playing the guitar or singing a different style.

Bobski

I am 39, it made me cringe on first look, but so does most of our social media. message boards like this exempted, mostly. Generation gap.

Glad this level of media coverage was not around when I was in my teens, early 20's. Just imagining some of the nonsense we got up to without a phone recording it all. I like to think our narcissism was not quite as overwhelming as it is now, but it probably was.

Made me laugh on second watch, though frown at the smoking.

ivaldo

Steady on, where did I say it affects me ? :lol:

I’m giving my opinion on it in the Memphis thread where it’s being discussed, exactly the same as you are.
Well it's made an effect on you, otherwise you wouldn't deem it necessary to respond to me? :confused:

Honestly, why care?

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
People are getting mad at those calling this cringe? This is completely cringe material and I don't understand why we must be forced to "respect what he does in his free time!" especially considering this is meant to be for the public!

I'm not of the opinion that this stuff interferes with on pitch ability or anything but this sort of stuff looks good with a Ronaldo or even Hazard type of player. Not fecking Depay! Looks like a complete clown.

Can't believe someone compared this to Mata writing a blog :lol:

Classical Mechanic

I wonder if people would feel the same if he was playing the guitar or singing a different style.
Not this again.

Someone compared it to Diamond Lights by Hoddle and Waddle which was panned by all and sundry when they appeared on Top of the Pops.

From wiki

Despite its success, public opinion of the record's quality has been decidedly negative with the pair's television performance of the song being widely ridiculed.

JPRouve

Scout
Not this again.

Someone compared it to Diamond Lights by Hoddle and Waddle which was panned by all and sundry when they appeared on Top of the Pops.

From wiki

Despite its success, public opinion of the record's quality has been decidedly negative with the pair's television performance of the song being widely ridiculed.
Not what again? This has nothing to do with my post, there is a difference between not appreciating the quality and claiming that it's a sign of character issue.

Classical Mechanic

Not what again? This has nothing to do with my post, there is a difference between not appreciating the quality and claiming that it's a sign of character issue.
You're implying that it's because its Hip Hop he faces derision i.e. some racially or culturally motivated thing.

If he was singing sub standard Indie or Country and Western or pop many people would think it was embarrassing, just like with Hoddle and Waddle.

JPRouve

Scout
You're implying that it's because its Hip Hop he faces derision i.e. some racially or culturally motivated thing.

If he was singing sub standard Indie or Country and Western some people would think it was embarrassing, just like with Hoddle and Waddle.
No, I'm not implying that and this wasn't about the derision but the few people being upset.

Edit: Also don't make stupid assumption based on nothing.

Monkers

He had 2 good assists today, but also missed a sitter. But also gave a brilliant pass on cornet that shot it on the bar.
He had a good game. looks like he's turning more into a player that gives assists. more assists this season than goals.