g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Memphis Depay | Atletico player

Ondrej

Obviously I don’t understand Dutch at all but it doesn’t sound bad at all to me imo.

The Andy Cole song that was posted here didn’t sound too bad to me either, seemed like a nice old school jam.

Music is very subjective though.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
It's not exactly shakespearian, though if you compare it to the rest of the Dutch hip hop scene with feckwits like Ronnie Flex and Lil Kleine it's not that much worse :smirk:
He’s sounds like a Rotterdammer who’s just had a bad brain hemorrhage.

Renegade

Find it kind of funny how the “I hate the modern day footballer” line comes out when a footballer is seen dancing, rapping or dressing extravagant.

I’m sure if Juan mata put a video out of himself singing and playing the piano, the comments would be different.

Let young people be young. It has no impact on their football.

David Beckham is universally loved and had a tonne of outside interests.

Stacks

because he didn't get the love here at United. Poor chap.

But seriously though, I'm glad he is not a United player anymore. This is cringe. Believing in his own hype, dress up like king everyday like he is yeezy.
Yeezy is no king either.
Find it kind of funny how the “I hate the modern day footballer” line comes out when a footballer is seen dancing, rapping or dressing extravagant.

I’m sure if Juan mata put a video out of himself singing and playing the piano, the comments would be different.

Being young, rich and "urban" is a step too far. If Memphis did poetry and played the piano it would be all good

Walters_19_MuFc

Great post.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Yeezy is no king either.

Being young, rich and "urban" is a step too far. If Memphis did poetry and played the piano it would be all good
Jese is a white Spaniard and got universally mocked, it's not racism no matter how you try to spin it. It's old Boomers being old Boomers complaining about young people.

MrPooni

Fair play to the lad, it's a shame things never really worked out for him at United. Like Zaha before him, I think the move came a little too early for the guy. I also feel the two of them would have really thrived under our current set up but both of those ships have sailed.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I don't know if people know that but German Burgos was/is an actual rock star.

Stacks

Jese is a white Spaniard and got universally mocked, it's not racism no matter how you try to spin it. It's old Boomers being old Boomers complaining about young people.
Didn't say racism. I said "urban". Jese did the whole Reggaeton thing which is popular in Spain but has urban roots. It's not like classical piano

Renegade

Correct. If you had a player picking up a guitar and playing sonic cancer like Ed Sheeran or Jason Mraz that player would be lauded as a saint. That said, he isn't even the best rapper named Memphis.

Off topic but your username isn't a reference to a cut from 'The Blueprint' is it?

That’s right !

Renegade

No one mentioned race mate. Memphis is half white afterall.
It’s the blind ignorance towards anything slightly urban like others have mentioned. Same thing with Pogba daring to put any colour on his hair. Freddie ljunberg was running around with a red Mohawk for the longest times with no mentions & Beckham doing his thing with his hair reveals. Just doesn’t seem fair at times.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
It’s the blind ignorance towards anything slightly urban like others have mentioned. Same thing with Pogba daring to put any colour on his hair. Freddie ljunberg was running around with a red Mohawk for the longest times with no mentions & Beckham doing his thing with his hair reveals. Just doesn’t seem fair at times.
Beckham and Ljunberg used to get loads of stick for their stupid haircuts.

There was no Twitter back then but we (fans) certainly took the piss.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Like I said, Boomers with short memories.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Beckham's hair cuts got not criticism :confused:

The main difference is that those players were performing, Pogba hasn't been. I guarantee if he continues to perform like he has in the last 2 games, no one will give a flying feck about his hairstyle.

Schneckerl

Depay got some hype earlier this season and there were talks about how selling him was a mistake, but overall he isn't doing all that great.
Doubt we missed out on this one. From what I've seen Aouar and Ndombele are the Lyon players to be interested in.