Memphis Depay | PSV confirm deal with Man Utd is agreed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bwuk

He's the muppet transfer of 2015, alongside Reus.

FromTheBench

I have a feeling we will bid for him at some stage. Maybe not this summer but in January.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
And we let him extend his contract so even if we want him a year from today, we are going to be paying more than what we should have. I guess thats just normal for us by now.

Enigma_87

You know who
Why in the hell did the first two guys slide in? That was horrible defending.
I take it you haven't seen lot of games in the Dutch league.

It's like choosing who will be the GK in the school team. It's always the fat kid with the glasses.

Red Stone

I think there's room for him behind Valencia and Young. After all, we got rid of Nani, Zaha and Bebe this summer.

Ringo 07

Depay simply has to be our big summer signing next year...He might just be the final piece to the LVG jigsaw 1 year from now

JohnnyLaw

How would he fit in? Except if we play di Maria in midfield and bench Januzaj/Mata?
Depay---Rooney/RvP---Januzaj

Di Maria---Herrera

Carrick/New CDM

Alternative 2

Di Maria/Depay---Rooney/RvP---Januzaj

Mata/Kagawa

Herrera---Carrick/New CM

:)

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Really wished we'd have tried to sign him this summer.

mufcwarm92

Really want us to sign this lad. We need another wide option if the 433 is a genuine option.

Only the Dutch league and all that, but he's started with a bang, that's 8 goals and 3 assists in 6 games. Looked promising from the odd game last year and a real handful at the World Cup. Van Gaal will obviously know him well but he looks to have top draw potential.

bucky

Really want us to sign this lad. We need another wide option if the 433 is a genuine option.

Only the Dutch league and all that, but he's started with a bang, that's 8 goals and 3 assists in 6 games. Looked promising from the odd game last year and a real handful at the World Cup. Van Gaal will obviously know him well but he looks to have top draw potential.
In my ideal United world, we sign this lad next summer and keep Welbeck. Di Maria, Januzaj, Welbeck and him as our wide options in a 4-3-3 system is good enough for me.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
If he'll keep demolishing defenses like he already does then it won't escape Van Gaal's attention. Robben hitting his 30's so Oranje will have to slowly look for a new engine. The chances he received on the World Cup will help greatly in accommodating to United's philosophy if Louie decide to pursue.

In Rainbows

Not needed anymore. There is plenty of depth in attack and he will want to start next season.

In a 433

Rooney/Mata - RVP - Januzaj/Mata
Di Maria --- cm ---Herrera

In a 4231

-----------RVP/Rooney
Di Maria - Rooney/Mata-- Januzaj/Mata

In a 4312
----RVP---Rooney
-------Mata
Di Maria - CM -Herrera

He plays on the left so you would have to drop two of the mentioned players to fit him in.

mufcwarm92

In my ideal United world, we sign this lad next summer and keep Welbeck. Di Maria, Januzaj, Welbeck and him as our wide options in a 4-3-3 system is good enough for me.
100% agree. Those are brilliant and contrasting wide options.

I think we can afford to let him stay at Holland for at least another year. I think he will want a move to United under van Gaal if we ever do come calling, so there's no real rush.
I genuinely think we could end up paying double the price though and would obviously risk missing out with other clubs around.

mufcwarm92

Not needed anymore. There is plenty of depth in attack and he will want to start next season.

In a 433

Rooney/Mata - RVP - Januzaj/Mata
Di Maria --- cm ---Herrera

In a 4231

-----------RVP/Rooney
Di Maria - Rooney/Mata-- Januzaj/Mata

In a 4312
----RVP---Rooney
-------Mata
Di Maria - CM -Herrera

He plays on the left so you would have to drop two of the mentioned players to fit him in.
Your 433 has no real pace at all though and neither Rooney nor Mata are wide players. I'd sooner drop RVP who at this moment in time offers nothing to the side, and start the other two.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
January transfer window. :D

BTW He really reminds me of Hazard for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.