MERGED: Rooney signs new contract!

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Here is what Stretford looks like:

He is obviously very well tuned in with players who trust him enough to feck with people like SAF. Im guessing he is one heck of a formidable figure and does not take shit from anyone. Probably abit like SAF. A meeting between the 2 of them would make such fascinating viewing.

I have no issues with people like Stretford advising players .... and think its disingenuous people putting too much blame on them. They are hired by players to help then get a handle on their market worth and then to help them achieve that projection. But a the end of the day, its the player who makes the decisions and calls the shots. The responsibility has to ultimately lie with the player.
Whilst I agree with the bold entirely, I also think it's important to point out that many players are extremely naive in these situations. Cole's account above shows how he was essentially led on by Stretford to believe he had his best interests at heart but his sole motivation was his financial cut.

Lets be honest, Rooney is a bit thick, and it probably didn't take much for Stretford to turn his head and make out he was doing it all for him.

wr8_utd

:'(
Anyone else follows the banter between Rio and Savage (and now even Kevin Davis) on Twitter? It's quite good fun. They really have a go at each other :lol:

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Here is what Stretford looks like:

He is obviously very well tuned in with players who trust him enough to feck with people like SAF. Im guessing he is one heck of a formidable figure and does not take shit from anyone. Probably abit like SAF. A meeting between the 2 of them would make such fascinating viewing.

I have no issues with people like Stretford advising players .... and think its disingenuous people putting too much blame on them. They are hired by players to help then get a handle on their market worth and then to help them achieve that projection. But a the end of the day, its the player who makes the decisions and calls the shots. The responsibility has to ultimately lie with the player.
Nah, agents are almost all utter cnuts. The single biggest reason modern football is going to the dogs. It's a crying shame that there needs to be any middle-man taking his pound of flesh, just so a footballer can change jobs or stay a bit longer at their current job. Actors need agents because they need someone to find them work. Footballers shouldn't. They need a solicitor to help thrash out terms and that's it. Agents are parasites, growing fat on money screwed out the pocket of fans.

He even looks like a cnut in that photo.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
MOgdenTelegraph

Bit of nonsense at Rooney's house tonight. Cheshire Police called to clear a 'bit of bother'

Is that fans causing trouble?

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
How does this compare to The Ribery bollox that went on all last year until he had his own sordid revelations and then ended up staying at Munich?

DO we think we have heard the last of the lurid Rooney revelations. It would add so much more spice to the story if another slapper could emerge and claim she has Rooney's love shrek. Or even just another threesome story would be funny. I say bring em on, now i dont give a two hoots about the balding special one, we may as well just allow this to end in farce for him.

TheMancRedDevil

No he is not, he is simply doing his job as instructed to do so by his clients, the players. I dont get why people find it so easy the bash the agent who is acting on behalf of his clients instructions.
Or is it the other way round?

Likewise players like Rooney, Collymore and Cole were small time when they first met Stretford. It was his contacts, acumen and savvy that helped the process in getting them into big clubs like United and Liverpool. Crying wold after you have got the dosh is poor form.
I'd like to think that talents such as these would have been recognised by scouts at some time or another. To credit an agent because a player ends up at United is pushing it a bit too far, I think.

I have watched Jerry Maguire. I know a good agent when I see one! :D

Starkie_1

Affluent and Likeminded
Manchester United try to talk Wayne Rooney into staying | Daniel Taylor | Football | The Guardian

And apparently there have been people with "death threats and banners" outside Rooney's house.
'.....Around 40 balaclava-clad United fans unravelling a banner outside the striker's Wilmslow house declaring "Join City and You're Dead".

Just been sent this by an Evertonian mate....

'Those who are still friendly with Wayne at Everton reckon he's Real
Madrid bound. I think he'll come round and stay at United once they
offer a bit more'

Redfighter

Officially gullible
At the secret training camp for United Militia
Manchester United try to talk Wayne Rooney into staying | Daniel Taylor | Football | The Guardian

And apparently there have been people with "death threats and banners" outside Rooney's house.
I honestly think that making Rooney the highest paid player at the club after what he has done/allowed his agent to do on his behalf would be the worst mistake of Sir Alex' career. He would be undermining himself, the club and the rest of the squad. Too much has been said in my opinion. The only thing to sort out is who we'll sell him to and how much. We should be firm about not selling to City unless the offer is excessive to the point where it benefits us significantly, e.g 60-80m. Otherwise he can go abroad for less.

tippex

lets not forget this is essentially going on a week or so. How long did the Ronaldo saga go on for.

Grab the popcorn and the grecian 2000 we could be in for a long ride.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Nah, agents are almost all utter cnuts. The single biggest reason modern football is going to the dogs. It's a crying shame that there needs to be any middle-man taking his pound of flesh, just so a footballer can change jobs or stay a bit longer at their current job. Actors need agents because they need someone to find them work. Footballers shouldn't. They need a solicitor to help thrash out terms and that's it. Agents are parasites, growing fat on money screwed out the pocket of fans.

He even looks like a cnut in that photo.
totally agree.

tippex

'.....Around 40 balaclava-clad United fans unravelling a banner outside the striker's Wilmslow house declaring "Join City and You're Dead".

offer a bit more'
Unfortunately like all clubs we have utter twats supporting the club

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
No he is not, he is simply doing his job as instructed to do so by his clients, the players. I dont get why people find it so easy the bash the agent who is acting on behalf of his clients instructions.

Likewise players like Rooney, Collymore and Cole were small time when they first met Stretford. It was his contacts, acumen and savvy that helped the process in getting them into big clubs like United and Liverpool. Crying wolf after you have got the dosh is poor form.
The agent is as much to blame as the player. Both idiots.

Rooney is making himself the biggest clown in football world, his repution is going even more down. Everyone is turning against him, and its good to see, tbh. Fergie seems to have the backing of most ppl in the business who understand a lot about football - from players to managers etc.

Crerand Legend

offer a bit more'
This will only gain him sympathy, he is getting slaughtered on every available media source no need for this idiotic behaviour

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Re the United hardcore with balaclava at his house ... its not right ... but football runs deep for all fans but especially for the local going match fans whose emotions in football run even deeper.

Rooney has made a mockery of the support they have tirelessly given him since he arrived. They have provided him protection on the streets (and whorehouses) and given him inspiration and adoration from the stands. And yet in just a few days, Rooney has just tossed all that away and made them all, and us included look like utter tools. Of course, I wish Rooney no physical harm, its only football after all, but at the same time, football has always had a violent edge to it and so whilst it perhaps may be morally wrong, its not surprising and perfectly predicable. Unfortunately, Its what goes with the turf.

Mainoldo

Rooney's agent is actually a United fan!!! As hard as that may be to believe.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Seriously some guys need to get a grip.

It is a game after all. Death threats over a game? Absolute bellends.

wr8_utd

8) While City were playing Lech Poznan, Wayne Rooney was Leching at Paul's nan.

:lol:

Mick1991

The sad thing about most agents is that they aren't even trained. You could get a Lawyer with expertise in that field for much cheaper and they wouldn't be included in every facet of your life either.

There are some cracking quotes going around by top agents that confirm them for the scum they are.

Rednails

Very interesting point.

Clearly Rooney and his Agent have plans and have probably talked to a club already and have ideas of what sort of contract he will be getting there.

If this is the case, I think it's important for this Club, Ferguson and quite frankly Football as a whole that we are not bullied into giving Rooney the move he has already started to engineer.

We need to make it clear that you can't always have what you want, if he doesn't want to be at this club, very well. We have him under contract and we will decide who we accept bids from. If he then wants to have a 20 months turning up to training and not playing Football because he doesn't want to go to whatever club we sell him to, that is his perrogative.

I really hope we make such a firm stance here.
I do believe this is what is going on. Fergies words last night keep coming back into my mind - 'be careful what you wish for'. Rooney wants to play with the best players so he's engineering a move to Real or Barca for him.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Manchester United's sadness as Wayne Rooney shocks dressing room | Football | The Guardian

The reaction of the men Wayne Rooney will almost certainly soon know as former team-mates was, in essence, shock. But there was unmistakable anger, too. Rooney has always been a popular figure in the dressing room, not just a colleague but a friend to many of the players whose ability to win trophies he had indirectly questioned in the chain of events that have brought him to the cusp of leaving Manchester United........

........Rooney started telling his team-mates last week that he definitely wanted to leave. Some tried to talk him out of it but quickly realised his mind was made up. "He is his own man, a determined person," Fletcher said. "It is going to be difficult because there is going to be a lot of scrutiny and talking but all we can do is try to win games in response to it.

Despite rapidly losing any semblance of admiration and fanboi love for Rooney as every hour passes, Im still puzzled by his frame of mind and what has gotten him so quickly to such an obstinate and stunning reversal of his previous intentions and actions.

We all know Rooney is one of the main pranksters in the changing room, that he really enjoys the company of many of his teammates and that they adore him. Why would you want to throw all of that away?

He must also know from his own personal experience when he was bought in as an unproven youngster that he would have develop and contribute if United were to prosper. And he did so. Now he is an older and more experienced player and clearly our main man, how can he gripe about future players? The reason the club would have made him our best evert offer o a player would have been because it was up to Rooney to deliver his full potential as well as help in the development of the 18 or so players we have under the age of 22.

At the very least, Rooney should have accepted to been asked that in addition to his own team duties, he would also be asked to help aide in the development of the likes of Macheda, Hernandez, Welbeck and Diouf and perhaps even Obertan and Bebe. He would have big responsibilities and it would be of of his key jobs to make sure United stay at the level which his PR release suggests that we are not capable off.

There are still many things which are unclear as to what his motives are and how on earth he reached hose conclusions. Like my earlier post on this, I still think he has gone mentally potty and so lost the plot completely. Wherever he plays next, I just hope for him that eventually realty bites or we could see a crash of epic and very sad consequences.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Seriously some guys need to get a grip.

It is a game after all. Death threats over a game? Absolute bellends.
madness as it is, there have been many incidents as such before and there will be after .... people get very funny when they feel their emotions are being ridiculed. Emotions are the most important and the least predictable part of our personalities. They make us do things we would sometimes never have even contemplate.

wr8_utd

BenHibbs Rooney visited by 40 Men In Black tonight, banner left on gates "Sign for City and your dead"

pauldyson1uk

offer a bit more'
thats just sick , OK so he is getting stick from every part of the media , but really what is this shit going to do ,his wife and kids live there and they should be out of bounds.
If any are found out to be season ticket holders , they should be revoked