Where are your principles now ?

HE'S SHIT
HE'S OVER-RATED
WE DONT NEED HIM
WE DONT WANT HIM
HE CAN feck OFF
YOU WILL NEVER PLAY AGAIN

That was 2 days ago.

Now look.. He's the patron saint of Manchester.

makes me sick.

Zen

Quite a few people(including me) pointed out the Gerrard comparisons, no need to blow yourself ;)

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Or.......he was told in no uncertain terms that he owed United, that he would be left to languish in the reserves, that he'd better sign a new contract so that the transfer fee that United receive when he is sold in the summer be nearer the 90m than the 20m that was being mentioned this week...............................:angel:

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
HE'S SHIT
HE'S OVER-RATED
WE DONT NEED HIM
WE DONT WANT HIM
HE CAN feck OFF

That was 2 days ago.

makes me sick.
Now that's just not true, is it? Stop being so hysterical.

wr8_utd

:'(
I think Rooney must have genuinely shocked by the fans/media/managers reaction over the last few days. Can't see any other reason why he would end up staying. Despite his new contract I'm sure he could earn more elsewhere.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Can't say I'm happy to be honest. He disrespected the club and everyone at it. Used the Glazer situation as a shield and then squeezed us for more money the little shit.

He should sack Stretford to make it at least look like they weren't simply playing everyone for a new contract.

Jaap

So, you basically tell your current girlfriend that she's not good enough. Several others waiting in line for you with big baps. Your current one gets a boob job and you take her back?!

Sometimes you only realise what you've got when it's (almost) gone.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
Hehe. The mixed emotions on here are comic gold.

All's well that ends well. We're a much stronger team with him in the side.

At least he realises the only way to win fans back round is by his performances on the pitch. Time for Rooney to do what Gill just did and back up his words with actions.
What kind of message does this send out to the rest of the squad though? After the way he's behaved, he's just earned himself a hefty pay rise, can't believe that SAF hasn't shown him the door, bigger players have been kicked out for much less.

If any other club had caved in like this, we'd all be laughing at them right now. I just hope that SAF has a sting left in his tail for "our Wayne".

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Does that mean I don't have to put him on the transfer list for fm11?

On a serious note, I've mixed feelings about this, on one hand it's good that we've managed to tie him down to another 5 years contract, on the other hand his behaviour over the past week has been horrid and it's hard to warm up to him even though he's our player again.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
Assurances I've heard are along the following lines:

1.) When Sir Alex leaves Mourinho is returning with Ronaldo and Jesus (Jesus might be busy)
Mourinho really, really wants the United job doesn't he!

De Selby

Scottish
Supports
Guangzhou Pharmaceutical F.C.
Great news. The whole thing has been fecking weird and it's lead to some nasty comments from certain people, but it's great news.

Onwards and upwards from here.

wr8_utd

:'(
Rumours that, as part of new contract, one end of the stadium at Old Trafford will be named after Rooney's agent

:lol: :lol:

Dans

So, you basically tell your current girlfriend that she's not good enough. Several others waiting in line for you with big baps. Your current one gets a boob job and you take her back?!

I see no evidence here at all of massive tits, apart from that agent of course.

didsbury1982

I am not sure I can ever feel the same about him - I won't boo or anything and if he scores I will celebrate but he can never reach the level of a club legend after this.
I agree. Compare his behaviour to that of Giggs and Scholes, he'll never been considered a club legend.

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK

great analogy!

Fletcher's Jilted Lover

He's the man!
Great news, wonder if he'll have a miraculous recovery from his ankle injury for the stoke game...

Whatever the real reason is for him signing, I don't care, this team needs him. If he was holding out for more money, I don't care, plenty of other players will look to get more money... If he was reassured about the clubs future, then great, we could see some new signings:)

I've always thought his reason to leave was because of his personal life anyway, but ah well, Fergies done well anyway!

milessi Genius move by Man Utd commercially - now all those fans who burnt their Rooney shirts will be buying new ones.

:lol: :lol:
:lol:

Dans

It was Hollaway's rant that got to him - I'd lay money on it.

MJLD

I'm just happy that I can carry on reading KaiWayne's tweets without feeling guilty.

ooeat0meoo

Member of the Muppet Empire
My Happy Place - So Don't Be fecking With Me!
My official apology:

Dear Rooney,

I am sorry that you have acted like such a douche-bag for the past few months. I forgive you. (Although, I hope they still feck with you in the dressing room)

Now, may we get on with the goal-scoring and keeping our pecker in our slacks. :cool:

Welcome Home.

Yours Truely,

ooeat0meoo

Rahul

HE'S SHIT
HE'S OVER-RATED
WE DONT NEED HIM
WE DONT WANT HIM
HE CAN feck OFF

That was 2 days ago.

makes me sick.
My principles are the same. I still think he's a cnut, and I still don't want him to play for United.

Am happy though that United have done a clever bit of business. We've gone from potential selling him from exactly the amount we bought him for, to potentially selling him for £90m.

The people in that thread that are already forgiving Rooney are , well, boggles my mind..

Fergie's Man

Suffers Snails fetish
If he stays, I reckon he goes in summer. I can't see us accepting him back after all of this.

Perhaps I've completely misinterpreted the entire situation, but I've felt our stance has been clear since the first press conference.

Edit: Signed - This feels so wrong. One things for sure, I can't respect Rooney again.
Too right!!

He will be gone in the Summer, by mutual agreement.

Sw33t

He can get to feck. I don't want him anymore. I won't be cheering his name again. Classless fecker, grovel all you want, twat.

Win the fans trust over again? Having a laugh? You'll need a 100 goal season to do that, pft.

green demon

Caf Nostradamous 2008
Near to nowhere, in the suburbs of Amnesia.
Oddly I'm more annoyed with him now then I was when I thought he was going! Then I thought he was stupid but was being taught a lesson by SAF, now I feel he's got one over the club. No person is bigger than United.

I will still be cheering for him and hope he scores a hat-trick every week, but I don't look on him in quite the positive way I did a couple of weeks ago, and I think he needs to look at his form as well.