MERGED - The 2010/2011 ASHES tour thread...all Ashes related chat here please!

Spoony

The People's President
Bloody awful from Hughes, clearly bounced yet he claimed it as a catch. Good decision in the end, but I wonder why Cook just stood there and why he didn't review it immediately?
Because he waiting for the umpire's decision. Otherwise he'd have wasted a review.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Cook gets his 100, another very good knock from him and he's having a great time in Australia. Remarkable turn around for him considering how poor he was in the summer, well played.

F-Red

Great century from Cook, he's really answered his critics this series with his performances.

Spoony

The People's President
Ahh... looks like I stand corrected. I guess, I'm still getting to grips with these.new laws.

And shit!

ha_rooney

Collingwood out. Well done Michael Beer, finally gets his wicket.

F-Red

I'd be happy to finish with 100 runs ahead of the Aussies & then hope for our bowling attack to come on strong when this wicket develops further.

ha_rooney

:lol: Michael Holding

Nice to see almost all the fans wearing pink for the McGrath foundation, and good to see McGrath himself, Australia could've used him this series.

Northstand

:lol: Michael Holding

Nice to see almost all the fans wearing pink for the McGrath foundation, and good to see McGrath himself, Australia could've used him this series.
You can say that again... great, great bowler. Came across very well just there actually, whereas I'd always thought he was a bit of a git to be honest!!

Northstand

Alistair Cook 700 runs for the series at an average of 140, apparently...phenomenal, really. It was mentioned a few minutes ago also that he has set a record for time batted in a series for England at 2,026 minutes.

Jopub

From Barca to Orient - back down to earth with a b
"Thomas..It's up for grabs now - Thomas, righ
This is sweet isn't it

Well worth reveling in it as it probably won't happen like this again.

These two really can take it it on can't they - tremendous stuff

If we're still out there the other side of tea this is effectively finished

Fking handsome I say

mjs020294

England dominate yet another session, 378-5 at tea. The 6th wicket partnership is now worth over 150 and they added 101 without loss in session.

England have played pretty well this series but good Lord Australia have never looked so bad.

Jopub

From Barca to Orient - back down to earth with a b
"Thomas..It's up for grabs now - Thomas, righ
England dominate yet another session. The 6th wicket partnership is now worth over 150 and they added 101 without loss in session.

England have played pretty well this series but good Lord Australia have never looked so bad.
Yep classic case of not replacing what is in effect the irreplaceable - Warne McGrath etc.

Can't feel sorry for them though - they've rammed it in our faces until recent years and this is a real stuffing on their own turf as well

Knowing them though they won't be this poor again once they've had time to rebuild

mjs020294

Yep classic case of not replacing what is in effect the irreplaceable - Warne McGrath etc.

Can't feel sorry for them though - they've rammed it in our faces until recent years and this is a real stuffing on their own turf as well

Knowing them though they won't be this poor again once they've had time to rebuild
Pretty hard to feel anything but glee and amusement TBH. :lol:

mjs020294

Cook out for 189. England should get out of the innings with a 150 lead, hopefully closer to 200.

Neutral

BTV
I was hoping me setting foot back home would bring some luck for Australia...it did.

Bad luck.

This series can't be wiped from the memory bank quick enough.