• Messi

• Ronaldo

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
I prefer Messi but Ronaldo is without a doubt much better and more decisive in the CL.
I think we need their careers to end and then some more years to evaluate their legacies better.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
before the match: Juve going out means doesn't take away any of Ronaldo's greatness.
after the match: RONALDO IS THE GREATEST EVER.

I mean, I agree, he is, but it's funny.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
"Ronaldo depends on Modric and Kroos without them he is nothing"
He then leaves Madrid and Madrid get eliminated in the round of 16 and Ronaldo goes to the quarters with a worse midfield behind him.

Place him in any team and they become contenders he is THAT GUY.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
No need tbh. Ronaldo has showed more than enough already in the CL. Messi rests too much on his natural talent. Ronaldo dies on the pitch
Well, it's more about perspective than anything. It's hard to have perspective in the middle of everything.

killerboi2

Ronaldo is out there doing it in another top tier league at age 34!! Never hid behind one club, one ideology. Gotta give him the edge again until further notice. It's going to be advantage Messi if he wins the CL this year though.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Ronaldo is out there doing it in another top tier league at age 34!! Never hid behind one club, one ideology. Gotta give him the edge again until further notice. It's going to be advantage Messi if he wins the CL this year though.
How? Ronaldo won 3 in a row and won a major trophy with Portugal. Messi needs 2 CL to dethrone Ronaldo now.

reddaz71

Single handedly dragged juve through. Seriously, would love to see Messi outside of his natural habitat for once.
Correct, Messi being kicked from pillar to post in the premier league mid winter, sorry, but he just can't hold a candle to Ronaldo who's conquered every league he's played at.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
OH Jesus Christ so take out Ronaldo out this team and tell me if they go through. get a grip.
No, but single-handedly is an hyperbole.

This is what Juve paid 100M for, for someone able to put the stamp and sent Atletico away, Madnzukic or Dybala wouldn't be able to do this with 10 Bernardeschis today, this is what Ronaldo brings.

Ban

"Ronaldo depends on Modric and Kroos without them he is nothing"
He then leaves Madrid and Madrid get eliminated in the round of 16 and Ronaldo goes to the quarters with a worse midfield behind him.

Place him in any team and they become contenders he is THAT GUY.
Well same was said about Messi, how he's nothing without Xavi and Iniesta.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Correct, Messi being kicked from pillar to post in the premier league mid winter, sorry, but he just can't hold a candle to Ronaldo who's conquered every league he's played at.
While I agree Ronaldo is greater than Messi, the notion that Messi wouldn't be able to do it in the premier league is hilarious :lol:

Red Stone

Here come all the weird people who think a total legacy is based off 1 game and say 'this settles it'. No it doesn't. Ronaldo had a good game. End of story for today.
It's not just one game though, is it? It's almost become normal for Ronaldo to smash home another brace or hat-trick to dig his team out of a hole. I've never seen anyone like him when it comes to consistently scoring match-winning goals in games where there seems to be no hope of winning.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Come on now. Messi has destroyed some of the best english clubs in the CL already. He would be fine in the PL

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
feck this thread, none of you are going to change your opinion on this no matter what type of performances these individuals put out.

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
I would sign both for my Fantasy Club. End of discussion.

Treble

Think Ronaldo has more big games in CL crunch games than Messi. His record in the knock-out stages of the CL is on a different level to Messi's.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
While I agree Ronaldo is greater than Messi, the notion that Messi wouldn't be able to do it in the premier league is hilarious :lol:
Its not that he wouldnt be able to do it. Its not the premier league but doing it in different leagues is impressive.

For the reason its impressive is you prove you can do it with different teammates, under different tactics and a different manager.

Of course Messi would rip the premier league apart in terms of quality but 1) until youve done it you can only speculate 2) who knows if Messi could replicate the same amount of trophies and awards (his teammate's wouldnt be as good)

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
feck this thread, none of you are going to change your opinion on this no matter what type of performances these individuals put out.
I can proudly say that I've changed my opinion on this topic about two years ago. the change going from Messi being a better player and a more successful player to Messi being more talented, but Ronaldo being a greater player. There's some hope yet.

My secret is not giving a feck about either of 'em.

Aloysius's Back 3

All Messi is is the most technically gifted footballer ever.

C. Ronaldo is the greatest footballer ever. The most successful footballer.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Not said that at all, would he be hitting 40+ goals a season in the premier league? Not a chance
"being kicked from pillar to post in the premier league" which means "From one place to another, haphazardly and to little purpose.."

I dunno, doesn't sound like you think he'd make it.

@shamans

Of course, the fact Ronaldo has done it everywhere is a big part of what makes him greater than Messi.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I can proudly say that I've changed my opinion on this topic about two years ago. the change going from Messi being a better player and a more successful player to Messi being more talented, but Ronaldo being a greater player. There's some hope yet.

My secret is not giving a feck about either of 'em.
Having your mind changed is healthy. It is never good to be too stubborn. Like I said, I'll always prefer Messi but Ronaldo is more decisive and that is what matters in the end

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Having your mind changed is healthy. It is never good to be too stubborn. Like I said, I'll always prefer Messi but Ronaldo is more decisive and that is what matters in the end
I have a very slight preference for Messi too. Purely because I enjoy the way he plays more. I just like a player to have a bit more character. I'm not even sure Messi can actually speak.

Ronaldo on the other end is just a massive twat. That all consuming drive to succeed is what makes him a twat, but it's also what makes him great.

Status
Not open for further replies.