• Ronaldo

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Thats a matter of opinion tbh, i always find Ronaldo is the one that can have a great game (result wise, not saying performance) when his team mates don't. While Messi just goes missing. But when Barcelona is dominating its just Messi everywhere. While when Madrid dominates its mostly Ronaldo/Bale waiting to get launched.

Its their play styles which enforce this. But its normally Ronaldo who decides bad games with a header from a corner, long shot or launch then Messi. Atleast, thats what i think.

And this is best noticed by taking them out of their own "super star teams" and looking at their national teams. Messi is normally completely missing for large parts of the match while Ronaldo is extremely dominant for his national team.

Ronaldo can do it on a cold rainy night in Stoke. Till now, Messi has shown nothing to prove he can.
Take classes, mate. In fact don't bother. You don't have the talent to ever be a writer. One of the worst pieces of fiction I have had the displeasure of reading.

Don't come again.

Gannicus

Some of the slagging on Messi is pretty hard to get through without having a good laugh.

If Messi can carve up Bayern Munich I'm quite sure he wouldn't have a problem carving up Stoke City, whether in fair our foul weather, day or night.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Take classes, mate. In fact don't bother. You don't have the talent to ever be a writer. One of the worst pieces of fiction I have had the displeasure of reading.

Don't come again.
What a post :lol:

Ruht

Some of the slagging on Messi is pretty hard to get through without having a good laugh.

If Messi can carve up Bayern Munich I'm quite sure he wouldn't have a problem carving up Stoke City, whether in fair our foul weather, day or night.
Not a chance mate. Stoke is the be all, end all in football.

This thread is better than sex, I swear. The gift that keeps on giving.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I've been rooting for Stoke City to get into the Europa League for years.

Just so that they can somehow win the cup and get put in the CL.

Just so they may probably end up in the same group as Barcelona.

Just so that Barcelona plays a game at the Brittania. In the autumn.

Just so that Messi gets to play on a cold, windy, wet Tuesday night at the Brittania.

Roman Bellic

Prick

Just so that Messi gets to play on a cold, windy, wet Tuesday night at the Brittania.
They were in it though.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
They're like the those cults, where they alone see the light and everyone else is the devil, how dare us mortals challenge their god, etc, etc...
You are the chosen one Cal?, the one man destined to challenge the overwhelming opinion that Messi is the greatest. You much champion Ronaldo's loosing cause for the good of humanity. You must restore the balance in the force.

Ringo 07

Messi is clearly miles better than Ronaldo. CR7 i great but he plays for himself. Of course Fergie is going to look through the rose tinted windows and say that Ronaldo is better. But Messi is the best of all time....CR7 is probably the tied in second or third place with players liek Maradona, Cryuff, Zidane....Messi is the best player that has ever walked the face of this earth and anyone that denies that should seek professional without delay

manutddjw

It's hard to separate them on stats and trophies, but what settles it for me is Messi is a joy to watch, Ronaldo not so much.

If I was given a choice between watching a game with Ronaldo for $1 or watching a game with Messi for $100 and I had to sit in the nosebleed seats, without hesitation I'd pay the extra money to go see Messi play.

Roman Bellic

Prick
They didn't even win it though. Pfft
They were decent to be fair, got knocked by Valencia after finishing above Dynamo Kyiv in the group stage, rumour has it that Messi was so scared of facing Stoke that season that he took Barcelona to the semi-finals of the CL instead of finishing 3rd in the group stage and possibly facing Stoke in the EL....coward.

Roman Bellic

Prick
It's hard to separate them on stats and trophies, but what settles it for me is Messi is a joy to watch, Ronaldo not so much.

If I was given a choice between watching a game with Ronaldo for $1 or watching a game with Messi for $100 and I had to sit in the nosebleed seats, without hesitation I'd pay the extra money to go see Messi play.
Ronaldo is also a joy to watch.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal

Don't come again.
:lol:

Cal?'s apprentice and heir apparent. Or maybe Cal?'s been breeding...

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Ronaldo is also a joy to watch.
Is he? He's a brilliant player but his biggest strength currently is his outstanding movement off the ball, there's no one better at finding space inside the box.

If that excites you then fair enough, genuinely. I see him like I see Müller (not a comparison about ability)...great player but pretty dull to watch.

Supports
Barcelona
Wasn't that because he "stole" a goal from Neymar previously in the game? Plus he's shit at penalties... hook in water
uh..Neymar is shit at penalties too.

Stole or not he had two goals and was going for a hattrick, but let Neymar take the penalty. it all boils down to this.

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
They are not equal in end product though. Messi is vastly more creative, a better finisher, a more efficient finisher, better from range and better from dead-ball situations. Being better aerially and from the penalty spot doesn't even it out at all.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
They are not equal in end product though. Messi is vastly more creative, a better finisher, a more efficient finisher, better from range and better from dead-ball situations. Being better aerially and from the penalty spot doesn't even it out at all.
But but but Cal says you're wrong.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Is he? He's a brilliant player but his biggest strength currently is his outstanding movement off the ball, there's no one better at finding space inside the box.

If that excites you then fair enough, genuinely. I see him like I see Müller (not a comparison about ability)...great player but pretty dull to watch.
I wouldn't say he's a joy to watch now - though his best seasons at United (tricks, dribbling) were a joy to watch when it wasn't being done against Arsenal. Though I do enjoy the inevitability of Ronaldo now, you just know he's going to take shots and score each game.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
I wouldn't say he's a joy to watch now - though his best seasons at United (tricks, dribbling) were a joy to watch when it wasn't being done against Arsenal. Though I do enjoy the inevitability of Ronaldo now, you just know he's going to take shots and score each game.
Yeah that's completely fair. I was talking about currently but over his career he's defintely been exciting at times (generally, the more he played the less exciting he became).

Vialli_92

Supports
Juventus
Yep but the Ronaldo fan boys will tell u he has this many goals in this many games.

Messi is just superior by a mile imo and it's not even close.

Gannicus

Exactly when did excelling on a cold Tuesday night at Stoke become the ultimate test of a footballer's true ability?

Marcosdeto

Guess who's back?
Exactly when did excelling on a cold Tuesday night at Stoke become the ultimate test of a footballer's true ability?
when ronaldo did it and messi didnt

like messi needs to win a world cup, but ronaldo doesnt

messi scores 50 goals, ronaldo 51 and that is the only thing that matters when talking about a player (totally disregarding the fact that messi set the record for most goals in one la liga tournament (50 goals and one calendar year 91 or so goals) and that messis game/goals ratio is better than ronaldos

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
If you are patient and can settle with very little.
Ronaldo was a joy to watch few years back though... When he often drove his team on by himself with pace and some skills and good shot... And his counter attack move is often breathtaking to watch. (Didn't he always make some good run with the ball into edge of box then did a trademark side-heel dribble in full speed where defenders fall every time which open up enough space for him to take a good shot and results into goals?)
But nowadays it's mostly about running into box for goals... The most enjoyable stuffs is watching how he celebrates all by himself or how he doesnt bother to celebrate with his teammates...

Last edited:

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
when ronaldo did it and messi didnt

like messi needs to win a world cup, but ronaldo doesnt

messi scores 50 goals, ronaldo 51 and that is the only thing that matters when talking about a player (totally disregarding the fact that messi set the record for most goals in one la liga tournament (50 goals and one calendar year 91 or so goals) and that messis game/goals ratio is better than ronaldos
Don't forget that Messi takes less shots than Ronaldo, so therefore Ronaldo is greater and it's not his fault that he routinely shoots from impossible angles or that defenders block his shots.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
The one thing one can hold against Messi is that he's only proven himself at Barcelona and has never really performed well on the national team. Ronaldo has proven himself with two different teams and in two different leagues while also arguably being the better national team performer.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
The one thing one can hold against Messi is that he's only proven himself at Barcelona and has never really performed well on the national team. Ronaldo has proven himself with two different teams and in two different leagues while also arguably being the better national team performer.
How ?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Ronaldo was a joy to watch few years back though... When he often drove his team on by himself with pace and some skills and good shot... And his counter attack move is often breathtaking to watch. (Didn't he always make some good run with the ball into edge of box then did a trademark side-heel dribble in full speed where defenders fall every time which open up enough space for him to take a good shot and results into goals?)
But nowadays it's mostly about running into box for goals... The most enjoyable stuffs is watching how he celebrates all by himself or how he doesnt bother to celebrate with his teammates...
That's why I said if you are patient and can settle with very little, Ronaldo was entertaining a long time ago, now he is not. To be clear for me Ronaldo does common things at an incredible level of regularity and precision, when Messi does the same but on top of that does things that only him will do.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Messi and Mascherano are the only reasons Argentina got to the World Cup final.

JR10

Supports
Still deciding
What if Messi has a really bad game? You just wasted $100.
What is Ronaldo has a realy bad game? You just wasted $1

Which would you rather have?

JR10

Supports
Still deciding
One day Crisitano and Leo will reitre and normalcy will return to football. Then records will stay for years and not get broken every week. Hat tricks will again become a highlight of a players' season, not an exception every match, A half of century of goals in a single season will be something to tell your grand children about, not just another season target to be met. The ballon d'or will become a FIFA prize again, Rather than the personal property of two men. Lets enjoy them while they last!

Revan

Assumptionman

Don't come again.
:lol:

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
I could never understand that shite. When Stoke on a cold winters night weren't much of a challenge to Valencia a few years ago I'd say Messi would have a mighty time against them.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.

You're lying. You couldn't have been doing this for years because this is the first year when EL winners get CL spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.