Messi or Ronaldo

• Messi

• Ronaldo

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Messi scoring against city >>> any team Ronaldo has scored against so far with United

but Messi still has a ways to go before he looks like Messi
Ronaldo's goals have actually won United points this season. Messi just scoring when they're already winning.

LawmanMan

Ronaldo is a great player, up there with the likes of Pele, Baggio, Cruyff and Puskas.

Messi is up there with Diego Maradona.

trims

Supports
Arsenal
27 goals in 24 games against English teams in the Champions League since 2010.

He really made a mistake by not going to the Premier League. He could've been scoring for fun :drool:

Pocho

He really made a mistake by not going to the Premier League. He could've been scoring for fun :drool:
But Stoke? Did he score against Stoke City?

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Ronaldo's goals have actually won United points this season. Messi just scoring when they're already winning.
Not really, lost to young boys, linguard had the winning goal against west ham and united had enough goals against Newcastle even without Ronaldo

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona

such a shame he didn’t go to city

Bubz27

Not really, lost to young boys, linguard had the winning goal against west ham and united had enough goals against Newcastle even without Ronaldo
He put United 2-1 up mate. That's the winning goal. It's okay mate, Messi is still good. But going to the French league goes against him.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
I almost heard you frantically typing that.

So is this thread just going to get bumped every time one of them scores?
Messi scoring against city you better believe it. Huge difference than scoring against young boys

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
He put United 2-1 up mate. That's the winning goal. It's okay mate, Messi is still good. But going to the French league goes against him.
No, he didn’t though. Linguard put them up 2-1 against West ham.

and I agree, sucks going to the French league but CL is always where it will be at. And the pressure in a match against city in CL >>>> playing Newcastle in the league

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
You spend all your day on a United forum and you want him playing for city?
I’m a Barca fan, wouldn’t mind him on united but you guys werent going to go for him. Don’t care for city either but Messi with that team would’ve had 30 goals in the epl

Bubz27

No, he didn’t though. Linguard put them up 2-1 against West ham.

and I agree, sucks going to the French league but CL is always where it will be at. And the pressure in a match against city in CL >>>> playing Newcastle in the league
He put Utd 2-1 up v Newcastle mate. Can spin it any way you want, Ronaldo has been better than Messi this season so far. I do expect Messi to have better numbers come the end of the season. Some of the teams he'll play this year will be laughably bad.

Jericho

If you’re going to go that route the same would apply to Ronaldo going to Juventus (Juventus who in footballing terms were none the better for bringing him in and were actually better before he joined).

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
He put Utd 2-1 up v Newcastle mate. Can spin it any way you want, Ronaldo has been better than Messi this season so far. I do expect Messi to have better numbers come the end of the season. Some of the teams he'll play this year will be laughably bad.
absolutely no argument from me there

Jericho

I almost heard you frantically typing that.

So is this thread just going to get bumped every time one of them scores?
That’s almost the only time it’s bumped. One of them scores and a surge of posters come rushing in proclaiming the old “this isn’t even a debate anymore” shite. It’s pretty cringe.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
“Messi has scored 27 #UCL goals vs English clubs, the most such goals in competition history

27 - Lionel Messi
12 - Cristiano Ronaldo
10 - Robert Lewandowski
10 - Thomas Müller.”

KeanoMagicHat

Ronaldo is a great player, up there with the likes of Pele, Baggio, Cruyff and Puskas.

Messi is up there with Diego Maradona.
You can think someone is better than Pele, but Pele isn’t in a lower ‘tier’ to anyone in football history, he’s alongside them.

Bubz27

If you’re going to go that route the same would apply to Ronaldo going to Juventus (Juventus who in footballing terms were none the better for bringing him in and were actually better before he joined).
You're not seriously comparing Serie A to the French league so we don't have a problem here.

Cal?

CR7 fan
“Messi has scored 27 #UCL goals vs English clubs, the most such goals in competition history

27 - Lionel Messi
12 - Cristiano Ronaldo
10 - Robert Lewandowski
10 - Thomas Müller.”
It goes a long way when Barca somehow used to draw Arsenal all the time :smirk:

Ananke

27 - Lionel Messi
12 - Cristiano Ronaldo
10 - Robert Lewandowski
10 - Thomas Müller.”
The stat that tells us how many times each of these players has played against English clubs in the champions league would be interesting. Otherwise, kinda meaningless.

432JuanMata

The stat that tells us how many times each of these players has played against English clubs in the champions league would be interesting. Otherwise, kinda meaningless.
Messi has 35 games and 28 goals I think
Ronaldo has 79 and 28 goals(in CL and PL)

Ananke

Messi has 35 games and 28 goals I think
Ronaldo has 79 and 28 goals(in CL and PL)
From what I just checked, in the UCL against English clubs:
Messi - 35 apps, 28 goals, 6 assists
Ronaldo - 17 apps, 12 goals, 1 assist.

91 minutes per goal contribution for Messi
117 minutes per goal contribution for Ronaldo.

So yes, better. But not exactly the picture painted simply by putting goals scored up. I hate it when things are exaggerated for an agenda.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
He’s played them 34 times, insanely impressive

432JuanMata

From what I just checked, in the UCL against English clubs:
Messi - 35 apps, 28 goals, 6 assists
Ronaldo - 17 apps, 12 goals, 1 assist.

91 minutes per goal contribution for Messi
117 minutes per goal contribution for Ronaldo.

So yes, better. But not exactly the picture painted simply by putting goals scored up. I hate it when things are exaggerated for an agenda.
Well it’s not used to discredit Ronaldo it’s too show how well Messi does against the big 6 especially when people say he hasn’t done it in the PL. His record against the top teams is probably per game best out there so he would have no trouble with Burnley or bleeding Newcastle.

I usually stay out of here as I do rate one of them higher but I love both and with them bearing the end of their careers I just enjoy them.

FatTails

I’ll change my vote to Ronaldo if he wins us a trophy. If that doesn’t motivate him, I don’t know what will.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Messi had a really poor game today. Was peripheral. But that goal just proves there’s fire in the belly still. Lovely move and finish.

Rojow

Messi had a really poor game today. Was peripheral. But that goal just proves there’s fire in the belly still. Lovely move and finish.
Yes. But also PSGs gameplay doesn't takes the best of him. They are a bunch of individual players. Mbappé mainly.

Jericho

You're not seriously comparing Serie A to the French league so we don't have a problem here.
Ligue 1 is weaker than La Liga, PSG far and away the best team. Serie A is also weaker than La Liga, and when Ronaldo joined Juventus was far and away the best team. If joining Ligue 1 goes against Messi for this reason then by your own logic it should go against Ronaldo also to some degree, right (the degree contingent on how much weaker you think Serie A to be)? If so then we don't have a problem.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Today Messi scored a good goal, he had been absent since the final with Argentina but hopefully this gives him a boost in confidence. I don't expect much of him in the french league but he needs to show up in the UCL as is the only competition where he can play against strong opposition.

Milo2035

The biggest player in the world. Wears number 30 shirt at his new club. Celebrates a debut goal of pure individual brilliance by keep pointing at a young player who gives the assist. Lies down behind the wall to defend a freekick instead of waiting further on the pitch for a counterattack. What a guy. Humility is power.

Status
Not open for further replies.