• Messi

• Ronaldo

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
Messi ended up 3rd last season, and Ronaldo 4th. Neither were the problem, utterly shite managers were. Start there.

And yes, scoring 12 in 17 is starting ridiculously well however you stupidly try to spin it. :lol:
We’ve also won The fact you’re arguing against that is the dumbest thing I’ve possibly ever read and shows how much these pair have changed the face of football. It’s especially well when so many have been CL or league point winning goals, such as the Villareal last minute, or the Atalanta last minute, or the two last night.

Answer this question, who has started better at their new club so far?
Just a warning: Stop with the ‘dumb’ stuff. Just make your argument and I’ll counter.

First of all the Barca/Juve thing is a false equivalence. Juve were nowhere near the title last season, Barcelona were in the race up until the end. Why? Because part of what Messi does is that he can make players around him better. It’s not all about the number of goals he scores and screw everyone else. He’s a team player.

My answer to your question is: neither has started well but Messi has started better.

Why? His team has lost 2 games all season. It’s a team game. If you want to claim that the Premier League is 10 times harder and United’s Champions League group was as tough as PSG’s then go ahead, knock yourself out. But we’ve got to stop painting United as plucky underdogs who are lucky to be 9th in the Premier League or whatever. They’ve spent the most money in Europe apart from City.

Moreover Messi has actually played well and scored against a top side. Ronaldo has not to this point.

Now if you think that because Ronaldo has scored more goals then he’s started better, that’s fine for you to think that. I think differently.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
Again this is disingenuous. You're implying that Ronaldo is largely to blame for United's poor form - there's a lot of middle ground that you could have occupied between that and him making an awesome start but instead you imply that he's a big part of the reason for United's terrible form. To ask you straight: do you think that Ronaldo is largely to blame for United's terrible form? Who do you think has start d better at their new club: Ronaldo or Messi?
Answered this

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
fecking hell. :lol:

What a horrifically stupid opinion to hold. Almost as stupid as making out I’m painting United as plucky underdogs when I’ve just said the exact opposite.

Messi’s bank wank so far for PSG, utterly wank bar 2 games.
you really need to calm down

you really need to calm down
You need to realise that a person’s state of calmness can’t be judged by some posts on an online forum. You’ve once again misjudged what I’m saying, this high level of sillyness puts me in a good mood, I almost spat my tea on my phone when I saw you’d actually posted that Messi has started this season better than Ronaldo. You could be sectioned for that.
You really do need to chill on the hero worship mind.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
Wow. Just wow.

At what point does sticking to your guns on this just make you seem stubborn and out of touch with reality? You have Barca fans here agreeing that Ronaldo has started the season better ffs.
I’m not a Barca fan. I have my own mind. I don’t have to agree with what someone else says. Man United have been terrible. PSG have not been great but they are winning. Regularly. You may think it’s all correlation and not causation. I think there’s more to it that that. It’s that simple.

I’m not a Barca fan. I have my own mind. I don’t have to agree with what someone else says. Man United have been terrible. PSG have not been great but they are winning. Regularly. You may think it’s all correlation and not causation. I think there’s more to it that that. It’s that simple.
Then clearly by that logic Suarez was better than Messi last season.
And weren’t you arguing that Messi deserved to beat Lewa? :lol:
Messi’s barely fecking played in the league.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
Then clearly by that logic Suarez was better than Messi last season.
And weren’t you arguing that Messi deserved to beat Lewa? :lol:
Messi’s barely fecking played in the league.
No because the difference between Atletico Madrid and Barcelona was not one team winning every week and one team getting beaten 4-2, 5-0, 4-1 etc every week. And Messi didn’t join Barca last season. I’m talking about the respective impacts of incoming players. One has more goals (not against the best teams but more goals nonetheless) but his very expensive team has gone into the toilet. Why? Oh, Ole, that’s right.

In football you win and lose as a team. Ronaldo has been criticised a lot since he got to United. Why is that, if he started so well?

Pickle85

Ok, so all players playing on sides that are winning regularly are playing better than all players that are playing on sides that aren't winning regularly? What about the way that Messi has played so far for PSG has made you believe he's performed to a higher level? At this point, all I can believe is that you're either too stubborn to publicly change your mind on this or you have some other metric for judging good performance, like 'shortness' or 'looking uninterested'.

Last edited:

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
You heard it here first people, if Messi wins the CL with PSG in 2022, @Bebestation will officially proclaim Messi to be the GOAT.
Well that's not completely true. :D Let's see if he can become a 30 a goal player regulary in the league as well (playing like his Barcelona years even just last year) and then let's see if Messi adds a CL title on top of that - a Messi in form should be able to alongside Neymar and Mbappe and Co.

AshRK

People can say Messi is better but to base it on the basis of that popularity contest award ie ballondor is a joke. Messi hardly deserved to win it this year.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Honestly who do you think you're fooling with this ?

jamesjimmybyrondean

People can say Messi is better but to base it on the basis of that popularity contest award ie ballondor is a joke. Messi hardly deserved to win it this year.
Both Lewa and Messi won trophies. Then Messi was also the best player in a league that ranks higher than Lewandowski and went on to be the best player in his international tournament. While Lewandowski didn't make it past the group stage. How is this hardly deserved

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Au contraire! I'm here enjoying the fact that Messi ended your hero's balon d'Or dream, and the meltdowns it seems to have catalyzed. Your emotional posts and lashing out bespeak insecurity and anger, and I for one find it delectable :drool:
Well its plain obvious you are emotionally unstable/insecure with yet any boring/generic/failed attempt to wind up. So boring and pointless, not going to waste time on such wumming nonsense.

Last edited:

Ladron de redcafe

Well its plain obvious you are emotionally unstable/insecure with yet any boring/generic/failed attempt to wind up. So boring and pointless, not going to waste time on such wumming nonsense.
Projection is beautiful, but all the childish insults and emotional posts in the world aren't going to give Ronaldo another balón d'or, unfortunately for him and for you.

Ladron de redcafe

Nobody cares about goal total. Nobody Googles "who scored the most goals", kids want to see clips of impressive plays, flicks, tricks, amazing goals. I always find it ridiculous when Pele argues about that, it's irrelevant and depend far too much on longevity. Pele is a football legend because he invented a playstyle and flicks that are still used 60 years later, not because he scored more goals, otherwise players would sign in 3rd division in Canada so they can score 25 goals per game and be the undisputed GOAT at 26 after scoring 3500.
And otherwise Romario would be on the shortlist of the greatest players ever.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Again, the irony must be lost on you. If you'd like to keep lashing out with childish insults, go ahead. It isn't going to change the fact that Messi ended your hero's balon d'Or dream. Carry on embarassing yourself while I sit here enjoying it unfold :D
Another failed attempt with generic wumming. Its not working, and its so boring :boring:

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Just out of interest, when did Ronaldo speak about this Balon Dor dream?

Needham

I believe Cristiano's achievement of 800 goals has actually been underplayed. So I wrote a poem about it.

He who was young at the same time as Drexler,
Who had a youth's pizza face bordering on eczema,
Who was always in first to practice and train,
Who didn't bring some shopping wife bitching about the Manchester rain,
Who's stepover reduced Middlesbrough's defence to pieces,
And who's stepover reduced Middlesbrough's defence to pieces,
Who's team benefitting diving for Manyou
Had the London racist media London-centrically pan you,
Now ye have passed the 800 goal mark, you
Can middle finger Messi and scream at him, FARK YOU!
As you can to the internet focko,
Who to this day says you have a boyfriend in Morocco,
Now you are history. You are no longer Ronnie.
Your value in self love can not be measured in money.
For you have become eight hundred and thine children may proclaim
That you didn't bring some foreign wife bitching about the Manchester rain,
And they can say to Ferdinand "Whoa! My Rio!
My papa scored more goals than Romario,
And Pele and Muller and Greaves and Wynaldo.
My dad was the second best player called Ronaldo!"
You scored against Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Tottenham Hotspurs, Everton, and Manchester City.
You even scored against us, which was understandable, admirable, necessary, and shitty.
But you could would not celebrate, not at OT, not here.
Because you knew there'd be a chance to milk us for another contract at the end of your career.
And now as your goal tally will surely be less,
Cause the new German dictator is gonna expect you to press,
This thread can be closed. The debate is over.
You are our club's gilded, bumbacheeked four leaf clover.
I love you. We love you. We go again.
Schleiben varstnik ein baten. Es holo gren vogain.

No because the difference between Atletico Madrid and Barcelona was not one team winning every week and one team getting beaten 4-2, 5-0, 4-1 etc every week. And Messi didn’t join Barca last season. I’m talking about the respective impacts of incoming players. One has more goals (not against the best teams but more goals nonetheless) but his very expensive team has gone into the toilet. Why? Oh, Ole, that’s right.

In football you win and lose as a team. Ronaldo has been criticised a lot since he got to United. Why is that, if he started so well?
Fecking hell are we back here again? :lol:

If our team has gone ”into the toilet” and is losing ”every week”, how are we further in the Champions League than last season, and only 6 points off our total at this stage last season? A season in which we hadn’t yet played Liverpool. Just 6 points off at a point where we have a very very kind run of fixtures until February.

We had an absolutely crap manager, every man and his dog knows that, so why are you denying it? It’s a man that failed at Cardiff and has spent the rest of his managerial career in Norway. It doesn’t suit your narrative I guess.

It’s hilarious you declare that “in football you win and lose as a team”, yet you in the same post decide a guy who’s played 500 odd minutes for PSG in the league is a reason the team is sitting top of Ligue one. As if somehow PSG would not be in that position if they hadn’t signed Messi and had his 500 minute impact :lol:

And as for “criticism”, are you burying your head in the sand at just how much Messi has been criticised from all quarters this season?? You know yourself that plenty of PSG fans have questioned if they’d be better with Di Maria in the side, it’s a stupid opinion of course, because you simply play Messi till he find his form, but lots of media outlets and PSG fans have been questioning the purchase of Messi, hell Henry, Caragher and co. absolutely slated the front 3 just the other week, as pretty much impossible to work with.
And you lay blame on Ronaldo for the United teams poor form, despite him being a clear reason they are through to the CL knockouts and have won big points in the league to even put the new manager in with a great chance of quickly catching last season’s points total.

Honestly pal, the is the most moronic conversation on redcafe right now. Messi’s having a wank season, full stop.

Last edited:

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
Ok, so all players playing on sides that are winning regularly are playing better than all players that are playing on sides that aren't winning regularly? What about the way that Messi has played so far for PSG has made you believe he's performed to a higher level? At this point, all I can believe is that you're either too stubborn to publicly change your mind on this or you have some other metric for judging good performance, like 'shortness' or 'looking uninterested'.
It’s nothing to do with being stubborn. Just common sense and looking a bit deeper than goals. And yes I do have metrics for judging performances and influence on a team other than goals. And yes if your team has just gone through their worst stretch in living memory, humiliation after humiliation, then no one in that team should be credited with playing well.

Let’s look at the last few games for PSG for example

0-0 v Nice: Messi creates several chances including putting Mbappe clean through who misses.

3-1 v St Etienne: Messi 3 assists (corner, dribble and pass into the box, cross from the left) PSG win

3-1 v Nantes: Messi creates the second goal by passing to a teammate which would have led to a clear chance but it’s is cut out by a defender which creates an OG and the scores the third goal. PSG win

1-2 v Man City: They lose and get outplayed but Messi creates the PSG goal by playing a one two with Neymar and then squaring for Mbappe to score

This was all after he came back from injury.

Has he played as good as he can play? Certainly not. But it’s not all about goals and it never has been for him. That’s the point. He is still helping the team to win.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
Well that's not completely true. :D Let's see if he can become a 30 a goal player regulary in the league as well (playing like his Barcelona years even just last year) and then let's see if Messi adds a CL title on top of that - a Messi in form should be able to alongside Neymar and Mbappe and Co.
No caveats sir, you said if PSG win the CL in 2022…..

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
Fecking hell are we back here again? :lol:

If our team has gone ”into the toilet” and is losing ”every week”, how are we further in the Champions League than last season, and only 6 points off our total at this stage last season? A season in which we hadn’t yet played Liverpool. Just 6 points off at a point where we have a very very kind run of fixtures until February.

We had an absolutely crap manager, every man and his dog knows that, so why are you denying it? It’s a man that failed at Cardiff and has spent the rest of his managerial career in Norway. It doesn’t suit your narrative I guess.

It’s hilarious you declare that “in football you win and lose as a team”, yet you in the same post decide a guy who’s played 500 odd minutes for PSG in the league is a reason the team is sitting top of Ligue one. As if somehow PSG would not be in that position if they hadn’t signed Messi and had his 500 minute impact :lol:

And as for “criticism”, are you burying your head in the sand at just how much Messi has been criticised from all quarters this season?? You know yourself that plenty of PSG fans have questioned if they’d be better with Di Maria in the side, it’s a stupid opinion of course, because you simply play Messi till he find his form, but lots of media outlets and PSG fans have been questioning the purchase of Messi, hell Henry, Caragher and co. absolutely slated the front 3 just the other week, as pretty much impossible to work with.
And you lay blame on Ronaldo for the United teams poor form, despite him being a clear reason they are through to the CL knockouts and have won big points in the league to even put the new manager in with a great chance of quickly catching last season’s points total.

Honestly pal, the is the most moronic conversation on redcafe right now. Messi’s having a wank season, full stop.
you are clearly incapable of debate without using hyperbole, which is sad.

I never said Messi hasn’t been criticised. I said that Ronaldo has, which shouldn’t be the case if he’s playing so great.

Also, PSG last season had lost 4 games by this stage. They’ve started (in terms of results) a lot better this season. Messi is part of the reason why (not the whole reason obviously). Man United have started a lot worse this season. Ronaldo is part of the reason why. Not the whole reason obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.