• Messi

• Ronaldo

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

genardk

Supports
Juventus
In the 9 years they coincided in Spain Messi was the pichichi 5 times and Ronaldo 4, however in the last year (17/18) Messi was pichichi but Ronaldo had better goal ratio, he missed 9 league games that season.
Then I don't know how you compare across different leagues but in the 3 years he was in Juventus Messi scored more than him in the 1st and 3rd season but in the 3rd again Ronaldo had a better goal ratio because Messi played more games.
The Golden Shoe is dependent on other leagues.

Tottenham in isolation means nothing of course but he is the 2nd best scorer of the Premier League (with less games played than others around his position) so that means he is doing something well?
Nope, Ronaldo won Pichichi only 3 times and won the top league scorer award only 5 times in his career. Messi won the same number (5 times) only between 2016-2021, and he is not even a striker. Also, that Ronaldo could only win the league top scorer "once" in the past "7" years is just bad for someone who is one of the greatest goal scorers ever, doesn't scream longevity monster to me..

I am only responding to the strange posts about so called "longevity" advantage of Ronaldo when Messi won Ballon D'or, Golden Shoe, Pichichi at later ages. Looking at those posts, someone not knowing anything about Messi or Ronaldo would think the opposite that Messi has been failing for so long and Ronaldo dominating every single thing))

Only between 2019-2021 (without Xavi, Iniesta, Neymar), the guy won 2 Ballon D'ors, 1 Golden Shoe, 3 Pichichis in a row, 1 Copa MVP award, 1 IFFHS Best Playmaker Award, 1 CL top scorer (2019). And yet, this is all nullified because Ronaldo scored a hat-trick against Tottenham while invisible against Liverpool, City or Middlesborough and many others just like Messi against Real in the 2nd leg.

Messi is not doing well at PSG, but even then, he is No.1 in assists despite playing 7 games less. And, Ronaldo has been playing poorly for a long time as well. Again, it is really strange seeing all these posts creating their own version of "longevity" in a way that would benefit Ronaldo because he just scored a hat-trick while being in invisible since January.

Last edited:

Pocho

Another big game clutch performance by Ronaldo

180 minutes vs Atletico and did absolutely nothing. I remember people on here saying he ALWAYS delivers :lol:

3rd R16 exit for Ronaldo since he left Madrid

Both Messi and CRonaldo fans should both face reality
they are both done, but Messi can give you some touches of magic and some assists. Ronaldo zero.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
they are both done, but Messi can give you some touches of magic and some assists. Ronaldo zero.
Ahh yes he sure did a a lot of magic vs Madrid whilst playing in a team 10x better then United carry on.

DaGOAT

Where is your “GOAT” now? Been wank all calendar year and suddenly a hattrick vs. Spurs - and everyone loses their minds proclaiming him to be the GOAT.

Only one TRUE GOAT up in this bitch, and he has 7 Ballon D’Ors, 7 European Golden Shoes, 759 goals, 325 assists, 38 total trophies including 4 CL.

I guess you could say I’m more of Messi man.

SportingCP96

Supports
At least he can create chances. If you can't see this is because you simply hate Messi.
Oh ya he Created a lot vs Madrid.

Watch United and tell me what he or anyone for that matter was supposed to do in a team who gave him zero service all game and created zero chances.

With that being said Ronaldo was poor for sure this game but he is in fact 37 years old.

Rojow

Oh ya he Created a lot vs Madrid.

Watch United and tell me what he or anyone for that matter was supposed to do in a team who gave him zero service all game and created zero chances.

With that being said Ronaldo was poor for sure this game but he is in fact 37 years old.
Tell me, what did he do in this tie? You love stats. Go and compare.

Failure of a signing was for United.

SportingCP96

Supports
Tell me, what did he do in this tie? You love stats. Go and compare.

Failure of a signing was for United.
Ronaldo was poor this tie.

However United we’re never contending for any major trophy this season.

Where as Messi was brought in to help deliver a CL to PSG…. Now tell me who was a bigger failure.

DaGOAT

Yes I agree Messi is done.
And will always have more Ballon D’Ors and Golden Shoes than Ronaldo.

Along with superior goal/match and assists/match ratio.

And more titles (38 for Messi... when is Ronaldo catching up?)

SportingCP96

Supports
And will always have more Ballon D’Ors and Golden Shoes than Ronaldo.

Along with superior goal/match and assists/match ratio.

And more titles (38 for Messi... when is Ronaldo catching up?
Don’t gotta catch up when your leading the race buddy.

Messi needs at least 1 CL to level the competition because as of right now Ronaldo is leading.

Rojow

1 UCL more > 2 BdOr, 2 Golden Boots, Leagues, Trophys, etc.

Good logic.

DaGOAT

Messi needs at least 1 CL to level the competition because as of right now Ronaldo is leading.

Hahahaha.

Ronaldo has one more CL title. How many other titles? Messi’s 38 title superior to Ronaldo’s amount. Ronaldo has to catch up.

Messi won the treble - twice!
Ronaldo’s obsession Ballon D’Or? Messi clear with 7. Again superior.
European Golden Shoes? Messi again superior.

Messi also superior goals/match and assist/match ratio.

Kinda pathetic how little Ronaldo is ahead in total goals with so many more matches played. LMFAO.

Messi’s goals+assists >>> Ronaldo’s goals+assists. FACTOS I should say.

Get on Messi’s level.

But I forget the selective memory of Ronaldo nuthuggers.
Only CL stats matter - not the entirety of their careers.

Yeah, Messi clear of Ronaldo.

Brings joy to the mind knowing Ronaldo and his fans know he will NEVER surpass Messi in his beloved Ballon D’Or trophies or in European Golden Shoes.
Neither will he surpass Messi in total trophies.

Last edited:

SportingCP96

Supports
Hahahaha

Ronaldo has one more CL title. How many other titles? Messi’s 38 title superior to Ronaldo’s amount. Ronaldo has to catch up.

Kinda pathetic how little Ronaldo is ahead in total goals with so many more matches played. LMFAO.

Get on Messi’s level.
You trying to convince me or yourself ? The race ended in 2016. Ronaldo hasn’t looked back since.

KeanoMagicHat

Second straight year where they both haven’t even reached a CL quarter-final and neither have advanced their argument this season. Forgettable seasons in their careers.

Xanther

Hahahaha

Get on Messi’s level.
It's not that clear and obvious. Messi is heavily involved with 3 of those 4 CL having only played 6 times in one of them, Ronaldo is heavily involved with all of his 5. Ronaldo also has way more goals in the knockout stages in the CL, way more. I'll give you that Messi has a better rate, but he's also not survived old age very well, certainly not as well as Ronaldo anyway.

I say this as a big, big fan of Messi. For the longest time I thought Messi was the GOAT, but Ronaldo's consistent relevance when the going gets tough has made me unsure.

If the whole point of football is to win, and Ronaldo has shown himself to be more clutch than anyone in recent years, then what's the point of a better goal rate?

VP

You'd think the nutcases on both sides would have learnt that football is a team sport by now. This thread suggests not.

Ronaldo's so-called clutchness and Messi's genius will always get amplified in good teams and diminished in weaker teams. That's exactly what's happened and of course age kicking in.

KeanoMagicHat

You'd think the nutcases on both sides would have learnt that football is a team sport by now. This thread suggests not.

Ronaldo's so-called clutchness and Messi's genius will always get amplified in good teams and diminished in weaker teams. That's exactly what's happened and of course age kicking in.
Exactly, Ronaldo hasn’t even played in a semi-final since he stopped playing with Modric and Kroos. Messi hasn’t won it since he stopped playing with Xavi and Iniesta. A team game like you said.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
If it was Messi you would have people telling his performances was a 9.5/10, he didn't do anything wrong and deserves a Ballon D'Or as he was the best player today on the pitch or soemthing like that. :rolleyes:

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Exactly, Ronaldo hasn’t even played in a semi-final since he stopped playing with Modric and Kroos. Messi hasn’t won it since he stopped playing with Xavi and Iniesta. A team game like you said.
You need a good team around you, nobody wins it on their own, Messi was basically unstoppable 18/19 but it wasn't enough, Ronaldo was very clutch in his first season at Juventus(also 18/19), wasn't enough.

Though, that season was the last one where they still were the best, after that, well, they've become more and more ordinary as the teams they were/are playing for.

OneWhoKnocks

Back to back CL seasons with depressing final performances from Ronaldo. 0 shots in an elimination match, 4 straight knockout games without a single goal. And neither Porto nor Atletico are anything to write home about. It's stunning the quality of teams Ronaldo gets knocked out by considering the highs from Madrid. Without goals we can see how little Ronaldo offers. Huge mistake for him to leave Madrid as evidenced by the multiple RO16 exits. I actually thought we didn't defend that poorly today across the two legs. Our attack is what let us down. PSG's defenders screwed their attackers far more than ours did.

I definitely noticed Messi against Madrid a lot more than Ronaldo against Atletico. But neither were good obviously.

With Messi looking past it too, today was the nail in the coffin for them both.

Ronaldo was poor this tie.

However United we’re never contending for any major trophy this season.

Where as Messi was brought in to help deliver a CL to PSG…. Now tell me who was a bigger failure.
We were definitely expected to win trophies upon signing Ronaldo, maybe not CL but definitely challenging for the league. Juventus had the same expectation for CL but could barely get past Ro16. If you are using our recent form as why we were never going to win trophies then you could say the same for PSG and CL. They hardly looked great during CL. Madrid are a much much better team than Atletico. This is the most disappointing post Fergie season I can remember. Nostalgia signings won't change that, but we need to do what Barca did. Lose nostalgia and build for the future. Start from scratch.

Reactions: Mciahel Goodman

genardk

Supports
Juventus
It seems Ronaldo’s super, out-of this world, unmatchable CL GOAT mentality has stopped working once he left Real, interesting..

It seems regular failure in the 2nd round CL has become a norm for him when not surrounded by star players like Ramos, Modric, Benzema, Marcelo, really interesting..

It seems he is not winning any major awards since he left Real, no Golden Shoe, no Ballon D’or, very interesting..

I thought he was winning all these trophies at Real all by himself with his super mentality and Messi with Xavi & Iniesta at Barca, puzzled..

DaGOAT

FACTOS for the Ronaldo fanboys:

Ronaldo has one more CL title and more total goals. Impressive. How many other titles? Messi’s 38 title superior to Ronaldo’s amount. Ronaldo has to catch up.

Messi won more league titles while competing directly vs. Ronaldo’s Madrid.

Get on Messi’s level.

Brings joy to the mind knowing Ronaldo and his fans know he will NEVER surpass Messi in his beloved Ballon D’Or trophies or in European Golden Shoes.

SportingCP96

Supports

Ronaldo has one more CL title and more total goals. Impressive. How many other titles? Messi’s 38 title superior to Ronaldo’s amount. Ronaldo has to catch up.

Get on Messi’s level.

Bill Russel has more trophies then MJ and is not a better player.

Messi has two Balon d or That should have belong to Lewa and Sneijder FACT.

Ronaldo got one robbed by Luka after leaving Madrid and bs allegations. FACT.

Ronaldo has DOUBLE the KO goals then Messi in the CL.FACT

Ronaldo has more assists in the CL. FACT.

More goals in the CL. FACT.

The greatest player to ever play in the CL which is the hardest competition to win in world football.

Three peat CL winner (Messi never came close to that).

Two CL wins with DIFFERENT teams. 2 Golden shoes in different leagues. FACT.

Bigger player for his country with two international titles. FACT.

Messi lost MULTIPLE aggregate leads. FACT.

Ronaldo has over turned multiple leads FACT.

Messi quit on his country which already disqualified himself from the convo FACT.

Ronaldo is proven in 3 different leagues FACT.

Messi first year away from Barca and he is a flop. FACT.

Most goals in the history of football FACT.

Ronaldo at 37 is better then Messi at 34. FACT.

Ronaldo at 34 is better then Messi at 34. FACT.

Ronaldo played his first 7 years as an out and out winger and is still the all time goal scorer ever. FACT.

Have a goodnight.

Pocho

If it was Messi you would have people telling his performances was a 9.5/10, he didn't do anything wrong and deserves a Ballon D'Or as he was the best player today on the pitch or soemthing like that. :rolleyes:
If Messi played like CR did today ir would've been his worst performance ever. Sad to see Ronaldo tonight

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Where is your “GOAT” now? Been wank all calendar year and suddenly a hattrick vs. Spurs - and everyone loses their minds proclaiming him to be the GOAT.

Only one TRUE GOAT up in this bitch, and he has 7 Ballon D’Ors, 7 European Golden Shoes, 759 goals, 325 assists, 38 total trophies including 4 CL.

I guess you could say I’m more of Messi man.
I think even Messi would be embarrassed to have being mentioned winning 4 CL to justify his GOAT status, when one of which wasn’t won by him but by peak Ronaldinho. He was just there mainly as a sub and has missed almost all of the knockout stage games. It’s like saying Jordi Cruyff won us 99 CL to prove he is great player.

Messi doesn’t really need to claim that one as a bit part player. He is GOAT without that one.

SportingCP96

Supports
I think even Messi would be embarrassed to have being mentioned winning 4 CL to justify his GOAT status, when one of which wasn’t won by him but by peak Ronaldinho. He was just there mainly as a sub and has missed almost all of the knockout stage games. It’s like saying Jordi Cruyff won us 99 CL to prove he is great player.

Messi doesn’t really need that one, he is GOAT without that one.
Messi really only ever won 3 CL not 4. But I get it they have to add 1 more CL to make it close.

genardk

Supports
Juventus
when checking below, keep in mind Messi is not just a top goal scorer but also a GOAT level playmaker & dribbler

Ballon D'or Messi 7 (a record) >>> Ronaldo 5
Golden Shoe Messi 6 (a record) >>> Ronaldo 4
IFFHS best playmaker award Messi 4 (a record)>>>Ronaldo (0)
IFFHS playmaker of the decade: Messi

2009-2018 Spain
La Liga MVP Messi 6 >>> Ronaldo 1 (same number as Griezmann)))
Pichici Messi 5 >>> Ronaldo 3
La Liga Most Assists 6>>>Ronaldo 0
La Liga Title: Messi 6>>>Ronaldo 2

MVP Awards in International Tournaments
Messi 5 (Copa 2015-2021, WC 2014, Olympics 2008, U-20 world cup) >>> Ronaldo “0”

Most goals & assists in El Classico, the biggest derby in the world: Messi

Most goals in a calendar year: Messi (91 gol), a record
Most goals in a season: Messi (73 gol), a record
Most assists in a calendar year: Messi (36), a record
Pichichi: Messi (8), a record

Best Dribbler: Messi
www.sportbible.com/football/news-the-top-10-dribblers-since-opted-started-recording-stats-20191118

Last edited:

genardk

Supports
Juventus

Get on Messi’s level.

Just in case you are not aware, Ronaldo is a national hero for him, he is from Portugal, so please try to understand his enthusiasm on a night like this..

Last edited:

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Messi really only ever won 3 CL not 4. But I get it they have to add 1 more CL to make it close.
Exactly. Its really embarrassing for someone to mention that in order to boast his CV. I think Messi deserves more than enough recognition from his own merits elsewhere, rather needing to steal that extra one from Ronaldinho. It’s huge disrespect to Messi career to count that extra one which has almost nothing to do with him, in my opinion.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Exactly. Its really embarrassing for someone to mention that in order to boast his CV. I think Messi deserves more than enough recognition from his own merits elsewhere, rather needing to steal that extra one from Ronaldinho. It’s huge disrespect to Messi career to count that extra one which has almost nothing to do with him, in my opinion.
Because apparently, CL titles are won by single players, not teams.

Pocho

is like saying Ronaldo won that Euro when he didn't play the most important gsme.

KeanoMagicHat

Messi has won every major club competition he played with Barcelona at least 3 times, he's one of the most successful players of all-time in his own right, even if he played like Dirk Kuyt.

It might be a problem as a player if you never win anything but once you're comparing 4 vs 5 or 38 vs 36, who cares? It's the ability that matters.

genardk

Supports
Juventus
Messi singlehandedly took Barca without Xavi, Iniesta, Neymar to CL semis 2019 and won La Liga that year becoming the top CL goal scorer in the same year. The guy was by far the best player in CL that year. Ronaldo could not match that without Modric, Benzema, Ramos.

Messi proved he could win Ballon D'ors, Golden Shoes even when not surrounded by star players. Completely the opposite for Ronaldo.
The guy won 2 Ballon D'ors, 1 Golden Shoe, IFFHS Best Playmaker Award, 3 Pichichis in a row (the same number Ronaldo could win in 9 years) without Xavi, Iniesta, Neymar between 2019-2021.

Looks really weak for Ronaldo seeing how dependent he was on that perfect Real setup for him with Modric, Kroos, Ramos and Benzema for CL success and how little he is winning outside that..

Last edited:

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Since Messi's failures in the UberEats league I see how likes of @genardk , @Zehner and @DaGOAT are out in full force.

Yes, champions league is over but Ronaldo is going to go back to playing the premier league. Messi is going to go back to playing clement soon guys! He may even DOUBLE his goal tally! Don't be so agitated.

Status
Not open for further replies.