• Messi

• Ronaldo

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
If he were there wouldn't an endless debate about who is better. In truth, it is pretty subjective depending on which year and circumstance you're in.
If Ronaldo didn't play for Real or United with al the press/fans they have behind he wouldn't be in the discussion against Messi.

May I remind you Messi was winning titles and finishing in the top 3 of the Ballon d'Or while Marca/As and Spanish tv's were comparing him with Robinho, Sneijder or Robben?

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
You said Messi used to have the better team mates yet Ronaldo now has by far the better team.

Clear distortion of events, the gap between Barca back then and Real is much much bigger than Real and Barca now.
Yes thats true, but I dont think it matters when judging the too. And to prevent confusion, by by far I didnt mean that the difference in the teams now is bigger than it used to be vice versa. Just that Real are by far better now imo, think their keeper, defence and full backs, midfield are better than Barcelona's.

Cal?

CR7 fan
One of the things Ronaldo supporters usually say is " the point of football is to score goals and Ronaldo does it better" then you realize that since 2009/10 messi has 420 goals in 416 appearances for Barcelona and Ronaldo has 395 in 387 games for Real Madrid and that trump card disappears.
Of cos including 09/10 would distort the figures in Messi's favor. Presumably you think players don't need anytime to adapt to a new league

Cal?

CR7 fan
If Ronaldo didn't play for Real or United with al the press/fans they have behind he wouldn't be in the discussion against Messi.

May I remind you Messi was winning titles and finishing in the top 3 of the Ballon d'Or while Marca/As and Spanish tv's were comparing him with Robinho, Sneijder or Robben?
If Messi didn't play for Barca, Ronaldo would have about 8 Ballon D'or.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Reminder that Messi is 2 years younger and his stats at Ronaldo's age will quite comfortably be much better.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
If Messi didn't play for Barca, Ronaldo would have about 8 Ballon D'or.
Based on?

Messi has a better scoring rate than Ronaldo, more team or individual titles, he has been the heart of this team for 10 years, the same guys who went 5 years without a title (Puyol, Xavi, or Valdes) won two trebles while playing with Messi, not Rivaldo, Kluivert or Ronaldinho

If it was Ronaldo the one who edged Messi in every single stat while being 2 years younger you might have a point, but in this case you're missing the plot. The question would be what would be Cristiano's career had he stayed in Manchester his whole career, like Messi has done so far

Deleted member 101472

@Cal? the point is the scoring is a non point, because it's so similar. Look at where Ronaldo spends most of his time on the field and look at where messi spends his. Who's goal scoring tally is more impressive?

wr8_utd

:'(
Of cos including 09/10 would distort the figures in Messi's favor. Presumably you think players don't need anytime to adapt to a new league
Ronaldo 362 in 352

Messi 373 in 354

Since 10/11
Well this kind of disproves your point. Even after Ronaldo "adapted" (which he really didn't need to considering how bloody good he was :lol: ) , Messi is still outscoring him despite being good at all the other stuff.

Deleted member 101472

Well this kind of disproves your point. Even after Ronaldo "adapted" (which he really didn't need to considering how bloody good he was :lol: ) , Messi is still outscoring him despite being good at all the other stuff.
It's a shame because people seem to think it's Ronaldo's stats that can sep him apart when really, they don't.

Cal?

CR7 fan
As I've already pointed out, even without checking there's clearly something wrong with those figures

wr8_utd

Lukaku is having a better season than Aguero, is he the better player?
Messi has outscored and outplayed Ronaldo since the former moved to Liga. Even if goals are all that matter (which they don't imo), Messi still edges it. Messi isn't out playing or outscoring Ronaldo for a one off season. And irrespective of the past, if Messi is out performing Ronaldo, he's the best player in the world right?
Messi played 62 games in that one season?

There's clearly something wrong with your stats
Maybe the season they had CWC, I'm guessing.
PS: Wasn't it the year when Pedro scored in every competition or something?

Raoul

Admin
Staff

I don't even know what this means. Messi has been fantastic, and so has Ronaldo. There's no need to prove one is better than the other.

wr8_utd

I don't even know what this means. Messi has been fantastic, and so has Ronaldo. There's no need to prove one is better than the other.
It's only natural they'll be debated. They're the two greatest of our generation and of all time.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
Lukaku is having a better season than Aguero, is he the better player?
No, because Agüero has won more trophies than Lukaku and has been superior more years. Same as Messi against Ronaldo

Basically, you're saying something in the line of "Manchester City are the best team in Manchester", that's your personal opinion, but not an objective statement

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
That first goal was incredible. Absolutely out of this world in terms of balance and dribbling.

Deleted member 101472

There's no need to debate if a Jaffa cake is a cake or a biscuit but people's always will haha

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
So basically Ronaldo has a higher scoring rate either way? Interesting
1'0284 per game vs 1'0275

Brutal advantage, now imagine if Messi didn't had to drop 20 meters deeper to create plays or wanted to kick every pk instead of giving them to Suarez or Neymar. Shocker

Cal?

CR7 fan
1'0284 per game vs 1'0275

Brutal advantage, now imagine if Messi didn't had to drop 20 meters deeper to create plays or wanted to kick every pk instead of giving them to Suarez or Neymar. Shocker

Are you sure about those figures?

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
It's like arguing over Mozart and Beethoven.

Womp

idiot
Love Ronaldo but he's no Messi
Basically my way of thinking, both incredible players, but Messi just does things other players can't. His first goal today was unbelievable. Comparing stats is pointless because they're just about head to head and have always been, so we need to compare other aspects of their game and I think Messi just edges it.

Status
Not open for further replies.