Messi v Ronaldo | Contains double your daily salt allowance

Messi or Ronaldo

• Messi

• Ronaldo

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TsuWave

I think there's no doubt right now that Messi is the better player.

Cristiano has had some incredible seasons where he has been the best but he's on the decline now. Numbers don't account for everything in football but for a player so obsessed and defined by them this year he's been pretty lacklustre.

That said it's partly down to the fact that Zidane persists with the BBC upfront which highlights the growing deficiencies in Ronaldo's game now he's getting older.

Play him up front or just off the striker and he'll continue banging them in even if his net contribution in a game goes down to nothing aside from the goal he'll inevitably score.
weird how "inevitably scoring" comes off in this post as if its a minor contribution, almost dismissed/glossed over.

That said, I have to ask all the Ronaldo fanboys out here... Is it not blatantly obvious that there's gigantic gap between the passing and dribbling abilities of Messi and Ronaldo
if there's a gap, it's not gigantic imo

beckbeck

Ronaldo has 1 the best full backs in history possibly, another elite one, the best German player in the world, the best ex-yugoslavian player (amazing school of players) in Modric, the best playmaking center forward, a board that spends gajillions of euros on the best players in the world for more than 10 years untill it finally worked out.

And you notice it in games, the service Ronaldo gets is ridiculous. He squandered like 8 great chances before he made his offside goal.

The over rating of Ronaldo historically will be hilarious. \I witnessed his last years, I know its a bunch of fools gold.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
Dont bump this thread every other time man, you are absolutely clueless if you think Ronaldo is as good or better. Ronaldo is out of this world though, but Messi out of this universe. It's no shame to be 2nd to him. Just become some deluded people with Ballon d'Or agenda's rate them around equal, doesnt mean they are.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
The only thing for certain in this Messi vs Ronaldo thing is that their fanboys on both sides are the absolute worst.

phonics_tid

Your Mother Was a Hamster and Your Father Smelt of
I love Ronaldo as much as the next United fan but can someone tell me what he does other than score goals? His record is ridiculous and undoubtedly the best goal scorer on the planet but it does make me a bit sad nowadays to watch his overall game play. Messi was masterful tonight, edge of seat stuff whenever he had the call at his feet.

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
Ronaldo won the midweek round. Messi won the weekend round.

That's how it's been for almost 10 years. Two gods of football constantly one upping each other.

Football will be so much shitter when they've retired.

Who gives a feck about comparing them. Pathetic waste of time.

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
The title of the thread should be Rollercoaster: Messi vs Ronaldo.

Cal?

CR7 fan
I love Ronaldo as much as the next United fan but can someone tell me what he does other than score goals? His record is ridiculous and undoubtedly the best goal scorer on the planet but it does make me a bit sad nowadays to watch his overall game play. Messi was masterful tonight, edge of seat stuff whenever he had the call at his feet.
Do you realize the only aim of football is to outscore the opposition?

You make it sound like goal scoring is just some minor point.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Messi has unreal technique when dribbling with the ball. When on form there is no one that even comes close to this footballing genius.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Why are you putting so much emphasis on that when comparing two individual players? Real have a far better team than Barca imo bar the attack.
It was the Messi fans who claim the team mates don't matter a few years ago whenever Xaviesta was brought up.

I'm just using their argument against them.

Deleted member 101472

@Cal? one of the ways we can objectively compare these two is the performances in games against each other. And they say you are only as good as your last performance.

In said most recent game, if messi's overall game was a 9/10, Ronaldo's was a 2. He was fecking pathetic and it was clear to see who the better player was tonight.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Messi has unreal technique when dribbling with the ball. When on form there is no one that even comes close to this footballing genius.
Since when is dribbling the be-all-and-end-all for footballers?

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
It was the Messi fans who claim the team mates don't matter a few years ago whenever Xaviesta was brought up.

I'm just using their argument against them.
It doesnt matter still, individually Messi is still better than Ronaldo. Ronaldo has been more succesful in team aspect recent years though. When you look purely at trophies won, they are on similar level I think, in total, however individually I think it's quite obvious Messi is the better footballer. Barcelona wont be the force they were, but Messi remains the best player in the world.

el3mel

Both are legends, but Messi's really something else and has always been that, no relation to the game tonight. He's a freak of nature.

Cal?

CR7 fan
@Cal? one of the ways we can objectively compare these two is the performances in games against each other. And they say you are only as good as your last performance.

In said most recent game, if messi's overall game was a 9/10, Ronaldo's was a 2. He was fecking pathetic and it was clear to see who the better player was tonight.
Oh right... so this one game where Messi was better is the definitive basis of judgement, but not the many El Clasicos in the last few years where Ronaldo broke the consecutive scoring record.

Bole Top

one man show tonight. when he's in the mood like this, Ronaldo just can't touch him (nobody can).

Trophy Room

I know this is quite cliche and its been said before but to live in an era of these two is incredible. It won't be repeated.

Messi is as far as I'm concerned is the GOAT. Love Ronaldo for obvious reasons.

Cal?

CR7 fan
It doesnt matter still, individually Messi is still better than Ronaldo. Ronaldo has been more succesful in team aspect recent years though. When you look purely at trophies won, they are on similar level I think, in total, however individually I think it's quite obvious Messi is the better footballer. Barcelona wont be the force they were, but Messi remains the best player in the world.
Funny how he doesn't show it in the CL knockout stage.

And you've decided to ignore the fact that Messi used to play with basically most of the Spain WC/Euro winning team for years?

Peanut Butter

If you're over the age of 12, how the hell do you get so involved in this thread?

Both are great players in different ways. There is no definitive answer.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
Best thread ever.

Seriously though, Messi master class tonight, whereas Ronaldo just defeated Bayern with five goals over two matches, with Messi offering little in Barca's defeat against Juve.

Both are great. Enjoy watching them while they're still around.

Cal?

CR7 fan
You do know Messi scores at similar or even higher rate than Ronaldo, besides that Ronaldo hasnt got much to his game whilst Messi has the dribbling, passing, technique on top of the goalscoring.
You do know that Messi hasn't for many years? Until this season where Ronaldo started his season deep into October cos he was busy winning the Euro whilst Messi bottled yet another Copa America?

Status
Not open for further replies.