• Messi

• Ronaldo

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
Ligue one is not comparable to premier league you're having a laugh. Not to mention the chances you get at PSG
It's a very physical league, i never said is on PL level.

Cristiano is 37 ffs.

As i said old Quagliarella also destroyed current Serie A, playing for a worse side than Juventus, which is why people had doubts about Ronaldo going to rip PL despite his scoring in Italy.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Both are finished at the highest level and need to do retirement seasons in the MLS or similar next year.

End of an era.

Pintu

As i said old Quagliarella also destroyed current Serie A, playing for a worse side than Juventus, which is why people had doubts about Ronaldo going to rip PL despite his scoring in Italy.
Serie A is a high-scoring league. Over 3 goals per game. If you got a low-mid table decent team using you as their only goalscorer you will score more goals than you'd normally do in a more competitive team, where goals are expected from different players.

But please stop saying Quagliarella destroyed Serie A. He has only scored 20+ league goals once in his entire career.

CR7 has been scoring 20+ his entire career. You can't explain his numbers just by saying Serie A is easier than Ligue 2...

Last edited:

cyberman

Ronaldo really should be touching Salah by now with the amount of quality chances he misses. Any sort of run, with the chances we create, should see him past 25 in all comps

Yeah Zlatan is 6 foot 5 with incredible upper body strength, he can hold the ball easily up without even moving, he’s a unique player. Ronaldo couldn’t hold the ball up well at his peak physically, never mind now, different kind of player.
Ronaldo’s never really been a back to goal guy, where’s Zlatan’s been that his entire career. Stands to reason Zlatan should really fair a better than either of these two.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
I feel like someone posts this every couple of weeks this season and it's never really clear which player they're talking about as being better.
It's always @Samid and he's talking about Ronaldo.

Gehrman

I feel Messi's missed penalty ruined what was otherwise a good performance. Created lots of good chances for Mpabbe. But unlike prime Messi he looks less dangerous himself and doesn't beat Real Madrid players for fun anymore. Should retire after the world cup imo.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
I feel Messi's missed penalty ruined what was otherwise a good performance. Created lots of good chances for Mpabbe. But unlike prime Messi he looks less dangerous himself and doesn't beat Real Madrid players for fun anymore. Should retire after the world cup imo.
It wasn't a "walk on water" game for him but he was good yeah, he played a huge part in PSG's possession. That was always a big difference between Ronaldo and Messi. Take the goals away from Ronaldo and you don't have much left, take the goals away from Messi and you have this :

Rojow

It wasn't a "walk on water" game for him but he was good yeah, he played a huge part in PSG's possession. That was always a big difference between Ronaldo and Messi. Take the goals away from Ronaldo and you don't have much left, take the goals away from Messi and you have this
We should put this types of videos in this thread. They show what the players really did during the game without goals or assist.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.

Cristiano is 37 ffs.

That's not even comparable though to be fair, except one season during 18-19, when Quagliarella was having his career best season whereas Ronaldo is having his worst in decade. If we compare their 3 years stats in Italy at same age period, Ronaldo almost double up Quagliarella's numbers. Its quite huge difference.

Quagliarella in Italy from age 33+:
33-34: 12 goals in 38 games
34-35: 19 goals in 36 games
35-36: 26 goals in 39 games

36-37: 12 goals in 29 games
37-38: 3 goals in 23 games (so far)

Overall: 57 goals in 113 games from 33-36 (0.5 goals per game)

Ronaldo in Italy from age 33+:
33-34: 28 goals in 43 games
34-35: 37 goals in 46 games
35-36: 36 goals in 44 games

Overall: 101 goals in 133 games from 33-36 (0.76 goals per game)

And don't forget there are always major "exceptions" to your theory, when you are doing PL vs Serie A goalscoring comparison:

Salah in Italy:
15-16: 15 goals in 42 games
16-17: 19 goals in 41 games

Salah in England:
17-18: 44 goals in 52 games
18-19: 27 goal sin 52 games
19-20: 23 goals in 48 games
20-21: 31 goals in 51 games
21-22: 24 goals in 29 games (so far)

Despite his rather "average" goalscoring stats in Serie A, Salah become PL most prominent and best goalscorer immediately after his move.

Last edited:

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
It wasn't a "walk on water" game for him but he was good yeah, he played a huge part in PSG's possession. That was always a big difference between Ronaldo and Messi. Take the goals away from Ronaldo and you don't have much left, take the goals away from Messi and you have this :

That statement is not true. Although Messi is better dribbler and playmaker, you can't just say take away Ronaldo goalscoring you don't have much left. As you are showing Mess at 34, and comparing to Ronaldo at 34-36, you still have this:

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours

Cristiano is 37 ffs.

Nicolas Pepe destroyed ligue 1.

Sure Messi is 34 but if Pepe played better in Ligue 1 than a 34 year old Messi whilst playing for a much much weaker team in terms of quality, quantity and even management then that says a lot.

Then look at Pepe in the PL and how he performs.

It's why I always value a player that can do things for different teams in different leagues - it's a way to prove your ability due to not just the difference in what you play against, but what you play with aswell.

Nicolas Pepe > Messi (34)

;)

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
That statement is not true. Although Messi is better dribbler and playmaker, you can't just say take away Ronaldo goalscoring you don't have much left. As you are showing Mess at 34, and comparing to Ronaldo at 34-36, you still have this:
I meant in 2022, my post was incomplete sorry. Obviously Ronaldo wasn't solely a goal scorer throughout his carreer, that would be an unfair assessment.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He rehashes the same argument indefinitely.
As does your mate who says Qualiguerra smacked the serie A at his age.

He says the same thing to defend Messi, I say the same things to put Messi down.

Gehrman

As does your mate who says Qualiguerra smacked the serie A at his age.

He says the same thing to defend Messi, I say the same things to put Messi down.
I don't think there is anyone arguing that Messi isn't having a fairly shit season by his own standards. Or average at least.

Gehrman

Zlatan ripped it a part at 34!!
I think Zlatan is the only one who's put of insane numbers in the french league so far. Even Neymar and Mpabbe are not putting up insane numbers considering that they have been playing for PSG. High numbers yeah, but not higher than what topscorers do in other leagues.

Classical Mechanic

I think Zlatan is the only one who's put of insane numbers in the french league so far. Even Neymar and Mpabbe are not putting up insane numbers considering that they have been playing for PSG. High numbers yeah, but not higher than what topscorers do in other leagues.
Mbappe has put up very big numbers there in fairness. Neymar too on a per 90 basis but he's only once played in 50%+ of PSG's league games in a season so the overall numbers are not great.

Gehrman

Personally as a Messi fan, I'm sure Ronaldo will win the 34+ longevity award. Of course Messi is a playmaker for PSG though, Messi said himself that was the role he expected to be in when he got older and he expected his numbers to go down as a result. However still Messi is too static and doesn't beat players like he used to do. I think if there wasn't another world cup soon, he would retire.

Gehrman

Mbappe has put up very big numbers there in fairness. Neymar too on a per 90 basis but he's only once played in 50%+ of PSG's league games in one season so the overall numbers are not great.
Nah you're right Cavani and Mpabbe has hit high numbers.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Personally as a Messi fan, I'm sure Ronaldo will win the 34+ longevity award. Of course Messi is a playmaker for PSG though, Messi said himself that was the role he expected to be in when he got older and he expected his numbers to go down as a result. However still Messi is too static and doesn't beat players like he used to do. I think if there wasn't another world cup soon, he would retire.
I agree. Although this season both his goalscoring and dribbling has regress notably, he is still a useful playmaker on the pitch. But I'd prefer him to retire after world cup to end his legacy in a more respectful way, rather than to drag it longer in a lesser league without any motivation of winning.

genardk

Supports
Juventus
Ronaldo seems finished at this level, 1 goal in 10 games (mostly against PL minnows) since January with nothing else to offer on the pitch.
It will be interesting to see whether he will still be at United next season with many United fans wanting him gone.. It would be good for both sides to part ways end season in my view.

KeanoMagicHat

It's funny how Ronaldo managed to close the gap on Messi in the poll based on this season. They've both been poor and have not really proved or added anything to the debate on who is better. In 20 years time, nobody will remember these seasons, unless Messi manages to win the CL (but even then I think as only 4th or 5th best player for PSG at best).

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
It's funny how Ronaldo managed to close the gap on Messi in the poll based on this season. They've both been poor and have not really proved or added anything to the debate on who is better. In 20 years time, nobody will remember these seasons, unless Messi manages to win the CL (but even then I think as only 4th or 5th best player for PSG at best).
Messi is PSG’s second highest goal scorer in CL, (that doesn’t make him second best) but more importantly has more assists than anyone else in Europe in 2022. Early days but he’s comfortably been better than Ronaldo in 2022. Messi is getting a little better from a shocking end to 2021 while Ronaldo has nosedived in 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.