g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Messi v Ronaldo | Contains double your daily salt allowance

Messi or Ronaldo

• Messi

• Ronaldo

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Ronaldo seems finished at this level, 1 goal in 10 games (mostly against PL minnows) since January with nothing else to offer on the pitch.
It will be interesting to see whether he will still be at United next season with many United fans wanting him gone.. It would be good for both sides to part ways end season in my view.
If united fail to make CL he will leave and people will tout some new challenge nonsense

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
Ronaldo seems finished at this level, 1 goal in 10 games (mostly against PL minnows) since January with nothing else to offer on the pitch.
It will be interesting to see whether he will still be at United next season with many United fans wanting him gone.. It would be good for both sides to part ways end season in my view.
Ronaldo wants to play every game, his ego is too big.
He will be 40, and still would want to play every game despite being useless.

I think United is stuck with him, no big club wants old Ronaldo, Sporting Lisbon is his only chance to leave United.

genardk

Supports
Juventus
If united fail to make CL he will leave and people will tout some new challenge nonsense
I think that new challenge nonsense will not be voiced anymore as his Juve experience was already considered a mistake for both sides with him leaving right after Juve's worst season in the last 10 years before his contract end. Now that United regressed with him performing poorly, I do not think people will not buy that challenge argument anymore (that's if they were buying in the past).

genardk

Supports
Juventus
Ronaldo wants to play every game, his ego is too big.
He will be 40, and still would want to play every game despite being useless.

I think United is stuck with him, no big club wants old Ronaldo, Sporting Lisbon is his only chance to leave United.
I also think no elite team would be interested in him at this point.

I would not be surprised if he is told by United end season that he would no longer be a starter for the new season and mostly used as an impact-sub. It does not look like most United fans are in the mood to tolerate another season with him starting most games. I think he might choose to leave at that point. Playing for Sporting as a starter sounds more acceptable (for him) than playing at Premier League as an impact-sub.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
How did he play against Nice?

Even though I could see the guy would be different outside of Barcelona; I wasn't really expecting him losing to clubs like Nice and not being able to put the ball in the net for PSG.

Rojow

He is playing far from the box creating more than anything. As he has said, he likes to assit more than score and it seem Poch is using him in that role.

I don't know why Mbappé didn't play today. Besides, Hakimi got injured it seems. I barely saw the last 20-25 minutes.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
How did he play against Nice?

Even though I could see the guy would be different outside of Barcelona; I wasn't really expecting him losing to clubs like Nice and not being able to put the ball in the net for PSG.
Could be worse, could be playing like Ronaldo in 2022.

messi also has the most assists in Europe in 2022, but he was not good today

However, should you care to see highlights of his match:

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
He is playing far from the box creating more than anything. As he has said, he likes to assit more than score and it seem Poch is using him in that role.

I don't know why Mbappé didn't play today. Besides, Hakimi got injured it seems. I barely saw the last 20-25 minutes.
mbappe was suspended apparently

cyberman

Both have fallen off. It’s striking that PSG have got worse the more Messi has the ball. Like Barca last year it becomes too slow and helps the oppositions defensive block.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Both have fallen off. It’s striking that PSG have got worse the more Messi has the ball. Like Barca last year it becomes too slow and helps the oppositions defensive block.
Messi so far been a major disappointment, but Messi scored and created loads of goals last season.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Amazed this thread is still going. Who has the stamina to keep this conversation going? :lol: Jesus.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Lionel Messi's last nine games against Real Madrid: 0 goals, 0 assists 0 goals, 0 assists 0 goals, 0 assists 0 goals, 0 assists 0 goals, 0 assists 0 goals, 0 assists 0 goals, 0 assists 0 goals, 0 assists Knocked out in the last 16 in back-to-back seasons.

CL wins for Ronaldo earliest at 2007-08, latest at 2017-18. Spread across 10 years.

CL wins for messi earliest 2008-09 last at 2014-15

Who is the older player? Has done crap all since Xavi and Iniesta left Barcelona.

All Messi is an eye catching player a magician, a magician that needed to do it in the Barcelona environment, the Spain environment, have the Barcelona core passing it to him every chance they get. Such a significant club that plays such a certain way, such a way that can hardly be copied on to any other club.

Literally was a Balon D'or winner a few months ago and is now struggling in Ligue 1.

Just as much as it's not going to change the Messi fan boys mind - it's not going to change mine.

Everyone could guess that PSG were going to get knocked out yesterday because well it was that obvious.

Just defeat after defeat. Getting knocked out to Liverpool, Bayern Munich, Real Madrid and messi just holding his face in shame

:drool:
Messi is just for those fans that love the players that dribble and think they are a different quality player than who doesn't do that.

The One opportunity he had to go to a different league and prove himself, the guy fails and he fails HARD!!!

And the excuses come up for him like he is Marcus Rashford. If you want to talk to me about this - let's not make Rashford like excuses :drool::drool:

Ignoring the thread because who I speak to is not important, it's who I speak about. Feels great to have got something right like this :drool:

PerezMasterclass

Supports
Real Madrid
Ronaldo has surpassed Messi a long time ago, Messi is the face of bottle jobs. Ronaldo is the definition of clutch. Ronaldo is better at 37 than Messi is at 34. MY GOAT CR7! Let the haters loud Messi, we do the talking on the pitch not in offices of journalists.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Im just going to say it.

Ronaldo at 37 is better then Messi at 34.

Ronaldo at 34 was also better then Messi at 34.

Goodnight.

MrEleson

Im just going to say it.

Ronaldo at 37 is better then Messi at 34.

Ronaldo at 34 was also better then Messi at 34.

Goodnight.
Ronaldo at 34 would be around when he scored the hat-trick for Juve against Atletico and was carrying them in the KO rounds. That version of Ronaldo is miles clear of current Messi.

genardk

Supports
Juventus
Ronaldo at 34 would be around when he scored the hat-trick for Juve against Atletico and was carrying them in the KO rounds. That version of Ronaldo is miles clear of current Messi.
Messi at 34 was a Ballon D'or winner and an international tournament MVP. That version of Messi is miles clear of 2019 version of Ronaldo.

genardk

Supports
Juventus
Has long not been a debate for me. Maybe like the Copa America, UEFA can have a bi monhtly champions league so Messi can win it with PSG?
Or they can have bi monthly PL games so maybe United can be a top 4 team again :lol:

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
La Liga top goal scorer (while playing as a playmaker) + 2nd most assists
IFFHS best playmaker (2.)
COPA top scorer + most assists + MVP
Copa Del Rey finals MVP

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy0aqZ2M2x0

Enjoy!
I dont need youtube videos to enjoy. I just saw him strolling around the park midweek when his team was losing while Ronaldo at 37 dragged his team to a victory in the premier league. How many goals does Messi have at the uber eats league again?

La Liga top goal scorer (while playing as a playmaker) + 2nd most assists
IFFHS best playmaker (2.)
You do realise he was 33 when he did all that right? You know how age works?

At 33 Ronaldo scored three goals over two legs against Paris Saint-Germain and netted three times over two legs against Juventus, where he bagged one of the greatest Champions League goals of all time. Oh, and he topped it off winning the threepeat. He’d won the Ballon d’Or the year prior too :lol:

PerezMasterclass

Supports
Real Madrid
Messi fanboys love to refer to his Balon D'ors. Office champion winning undeserved individual titles because he's the magical humble boy. How about his legacy as the face of:

- Losing 3-0 to Roma and being eliminated after winning 4-1 at Camp Nou

- Losing to Liverpool 4-0 after winning 3-0 at Camp Nou

- Losing 8-2!! against Bayern as the captain of his club

- Losing 3-1 to Real Madrid after being the face of the biggest project in football with PSG

Messi is a fraud, won the Balon D'or before VVD who just had made Liverpool into a winning side again winning the CL.

Winning Balon D'or over Lewandowski who dominated CL and scored a record amount of goals. Messi is a fecking FRAUD man, seeing him being exposed and ruining his legacy is beautiful to watch.

Bwuk

Ronaldo scored more today than Messi has all season in the Uber Eats. Pathetic.

IhabX7

It’s not that he’s better better than Messi, he’s greater. Messi might be better with the ball than anyone ever but Ronaldo is just a better competitor.

His 807 goals is in an obscene achievement especially for someone who started as an out and out winger. He revolutionized a winger’s role in a team set a new standard for the contribution expected of a wide player. Until of course he logically became a striker.

He’s certainly the most influential player I’ve seen in my lifetime, not only influential in games, but on younger players who are modeling themselves after him.

Status
Not open for further replies.